hateradio

Oct 28, 2017
welcome, nowhere
Conservatives are doing everything in their power to just kill people.
Sounds about right.

so what happens now? people are called back to work? im guessing that at least some precautions are gonna be taken - obviously not gonna be enough
Let's see. Things you need to help you open back society during a pandemic:

- Testing
- Masks
- Gloves
- Providing top-notch healthcare and services for healthcare workers

Pretty sure none of that is being accomplished in Georgia.

This is terrorism.

Many people will die two weeks from when this goes into effect.
Why can't it be these awful governors who get the disease instead of the people they serve. :(

darkwing

Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 25, 2017
he could have opened low risk businesses

but no, people are protesting to get a haircut lmao

America get your act together, this brand of stupidity is contagious

APOEERA

Oct 26, 2017
This is a stupid idea but typical of Kemp. He probably didn't even believe what public health officials were telling him and went with what business leaders were regurgitating from FOX news.

Hopefully, Keisha Bottoms (mayor of Atlanta) will announce that due to the continued risk, Atlanta is still closed.

If these right wing idiots want a fucking haircut, they can go to some rural part of the state after this happens, get their haircut and get the coronavirus free of charge.

Kemp is expecting businesses like restaurants and barbers to have rigorous cleaning every day to protect themselves from the virus, when that will be impossible.

I live in Marietta and I'm not going to go anywhere unless it's the grocery store after this starts. I fully expect to hear about the rate jumping up.

Last edited:

Foffy

Oct 25, 2017
This is gonna be the Republican approach. What's worse is I think for many states, they're gonna open up and not close. The damage to the market has been enough, they'll argue...

GK86

Oct 25, 2017
Still can't believe that a person that stole an election is still in power. Fuck, Kemp.

Stay safe, Era. Unless you vote republican, in which case, go fuck yourself.

Quantum Leap

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
California
giphy.gif

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania
he could have opened low risk businesses

but no, people are protesting to get a haircut lmao

America get your act together, this brand of stupidity is contagious
Republicans will never get their act together. The only hope is voting them out. And half of this country is dead set on voting against their own interests because they REALLY hate minorities.

uzipukki

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh wow. How fucking incompetent can these people be? And republicans will still vote for these people... US is such a shithole.

Deleted member 4346

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is the kind of shit that makes me lose hope in Americans. You have this very obvious calculation here, of "X" number of people will die to make the stock market rise and mitigate the economic collapse which is still inevitable, and X is thousands, perhaps tens of thousands of people. Because they've decided that people working in restaurants, and hair salons, and bowling alleys, are expendable. And yet people aren't developing class consciousness. Instead they are in the streets protesting, with their guns, for the right to die for the elites and corporations.

Oct 26, 2017
I'm glad My Mom and I live in PA since she's a hair stylist. I don't see PA lifting restrictions on these types of businesses/work for a good while longer at least. I feel bad for anyone in those types who do have to go back though, it'll be a complete clusterfuck of people coming in. My mom is already a bit worried about when she'll have to go back in anyway though. Kind of seems like if this kind of stuff reopens hours will just get cut as they limit people in the store and for how long, so she'll basically make less money than not working and then be at significantly more risk of infection...

OP
OP
Speevy

Speevy

Oct 26, 2017
There's one bright spot to this, which I have to reiterate because I'm a teacher. He absolutely has no authority to reopen schools.

hateradio

Oct 28, 2017
welcome, nowhere
This is the kind of shit that makes me lose hope in Americans. You have this very obvious calculation here, of "X" number of people will die to make the stock market rise and mitigate the economic collapse which is still inevitable, and X is thousands, perhaps tens of thousands of people. Because they've decided that people working in restaurants, and hair salons, and bowling alleys, are expendable. And yet people aren't developing class consciousness. Instead they are in the streets protesting, with their guns, for the right to die for the elites and corporations.
43469njut.jpg

Your avatar is the future.

StraySheep

It's Pronounced "Aerith"
Oct 26, 2017
If it takes Republicans killing themselves to kill the Republican party then I guess there's nothing we can do but let it happen.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
OP
OP
Speevy

Speevy

Oct 26, 2017
Technically Kemp himself is in violation of the Open America Again Guidelines. It's just a question of any legal entity would enforce these standards.

I'm guessing no?

metalslimer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
For all the people saying this will hurt republicans minorities will be screwed the most when they are called back into work without much of a choice

Rockets

Sep 12, 2018
Can places just ignore this and not open? People still don't want to work given the circumstances

Nov 1, 2017
This is revealing to the thought process for every Republican politician. Reckless endangerment of our peoples lives for short term profit is fine because you can't just get rich enough.

Last edited:

EnVy_CaLiBeR

Oct 25, 2017
They're literally trying to kill us. And I'm sure demographics have nothing to do with it. Not only that as others have said, Atlanta houses one of the center airports in the country which means this has potential to spread to other locations. Prayers goes out to my GA fam. You won't find me in any of these locations, Kemp.

Last edited:

Witness

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
New York
We were asked to help staff nurses in GA during this as part of a project. The staff in GA said they hoped it would only be for until early May that they needed our help, and now this happens....