• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aaron D.

Oct 25, 2017
So is there any word yet if there's gonna be a Deluxe edition with like a soundtrack or anything?

I wanna give the devs all the monies.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
So not only will it unlock at eight friggin' PM for me, I can't even start playing it then since I'll have to download the whole damn thing first.

Hope it's small.

Deleted member 20471

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I never play rpgs at launch (I think that waiting for a patch or two is the best thing to do for this kind of games) but I'll buy it on d1, I'm so excited!

Shodan14

Banned
Oct 30, 2017

Shake Appeal

Oct 27, 2017
Rostov was joking over the weekend that he had to finish some of the last few in-game paintings before streamers reached the placeholder assets. It's their first game, they're self-publishing, and stuff like Steam preordering is probably down their list of priorities.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
Well, whatever. 30-ish hours to go. I can't believe it.

In the mean time I'll play D:OS 2.

Bossman

Oct 27, 2017
It's a huge game, I probably spend like 7-8 hours on the first day alone so you can't really finish it quickly unless you skip all the dialogue.

sur le web

Nov 8, 2017
Disco Elysium |OT| Superstar Cop, Sorry Cop
Disco Elysium |OT| Internalizing Advanced Race Theory Can Change The Nature of a Man

gazoinks

Jul 9, 2019
God I totally forgot this was coming out tomorrow. Same day as Outer Wilds on PS4. Yikes!

But man this looks so good I may just have to go for it. Have pre-release impressions been alright in terms of bugginess and the like?

Shodan14

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
God I totally forgot this was coming out tomorrow. Same day as Outer Wilds on PS4. Yikes!

But man this looks so good I may just have to go for it. Have pre-release impressions been alright in terms of bugginess and the like?
I don't think anyone has mentioned any bugs beyond some minor typos in the text.

The SA forums thread has a lot of impressions if anyone's looking for that.

modestb

Alt-Account
Banned
Jan 24, 2019
I am almost certainly just going to rename and recover this game in Galaxy 2 to just be No Truce With the Furies again it is such a better title, lol

I do like that the Disco part is actually a meaningful part of the game/character so its not terrible

Shevek

Oct 25, 2017
Cape Town, South Africa
Dani (their community manager) added a FAQ on Steam.

This is great

What are some of the inspirations for Disco Elysium?
The Shield, The Wire, and True Detective are some of the main inspirations behind the "cop show" part of Disco Elysium. "Disco Elysium" is us using the cop show format to introduce the city of Revachol (a sort of disgraced world capital) in the fifties. Aside from cop shows it draws on Dashiell Hammett's detective stories, Emile Zola's naturalism and of course welsh poetry. (Richey Edwards and RS Thomas). We also have an undying and somewhat ridiculous love for the Damien Marley song "Welcome to Jamrock".

What about video game inspirations?
Planescape Torment, Kentucky Route Zero, Baldur's Gate, Pillars of Eternity, Divinity Original Sin. Fallout (the first).

This is crazy! A detective RPG citing Planescape: Torment and The Wire as inspiration is something I never thought I'd live to see happen. I absolutely love everything I've seen and read about this game so far

Status
Not open for further replies.