Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
Eat my pantaloons!

I'd say she looks more like his Russian piano teacher he crushed over that one time. She even has the same bangs.

tumblr_mmtgapAaTi1qh59n0o1_500.gif
I stopped watching before that point.

Moe and Marge's child

Burt

Bort.

Oh wait...Bort is popular now.

taro

Oct 25, 2017
It seems to be a reverse Futurama. I know Bill Oakley and Josh Weinstein, the showrunners for Mission Hill and season 7 & 8 of The Simpsons are working on this too, which makes me optimistic about it.

I didn't know Oakley & Weinstein were onboard. I was already planning on watching this, but I'm pleased to see their involvement.

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
He definitely resembles Bart to me like others are saying. Especially cause of his clothes and the shape of his head is similar to Bart as well. I can see why people see Moe though. He has the same snout that Moe and Wiggum have. But he doesn't have the furrowed brow that Moe has so that kind of detracts from him looking more like Moe.

Medalion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This show is gonna get dissected to shreds.... h ow do you live up to Simpsons and Futurama?!?!

Regulus Tera

Oct 25, 2017
I feel conflicted about this. Groening's work is at its best when it's lampooning some aspect of modern society. Even Futurama, with its retro-futuristic setting and aliens, was really about neo-liberal capitalism taken to the extreme. Fantasy based shows are almost always regressive in terms of focus.

I do like the fact that the main character is a non-traditionally pretty princess, at least.

Deleted member 18407

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I feel conflicted about this. Groening's work is at its best when it's lampooning some aspect of modern society. Even Futurama, with its retro-futuristic setting and aliens, was really about neo-liberal capitalism taken to the extreme. Fantasy based shows are almost always regressive in terms of focus.

I do like the fact that the main character is a non-traditionally pretty princess, at least.
I don't really know how they're going to use the setting but if the recent Flintstones comic book shows anything, using the past as a setting doesn't mean limiting your satire or being unable to lampoon modern society.

Also, everyone should read The Flintstones comic book series. It's great.

Venture

Oct 25, 2017
I don't really know how they're going to use the setting but if the recent Flintstones comic book shows anything, using the past as a setting doesn't mean limiting your satire or being unable to lampoon modern society.

Also, everyone should read The Flintstones comic book series. It's great.
Yeah, I was going to say I think you can parody current events and culture just as well in this kind of show with the right talent. I trust the people involved in this to pull it off.

Damn, you're right.

Oct 25, 2017
gonna be honest that teaser does nothing but groening is 3 for 3 with me so I'm still going to give it a shot. I just hope he hasn't become old man liberal from some of his recent comments, although the edge from Life in Hell got shaved off a while ago

a916

Oct 25, 2017
The writing is probably as witty and sharp as Futurama but that art style looks rough

sir_crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
Im there for Oakley/Weinstein. I honestly don't know what kind of input Matt Groening ever had on Simpsons and Futurama after the first few years. I don't know if he's responsible for the good stuff or the bad stuff. Sometimes I worry that he thinks all seasons of the Simpsons up till now has been quality shit. Id like to believe he secretly disowns it and is just raking in the cash.

Sam Simon and Brad Bird were the people steering early simpsons

Fladam

Dec 13, 2017
I remember when Futurama first came around and people were calling it a poor knock-off of the Simpsons. It clearly found its own space and fandom in time.

If this has Groening's name on it, I'll be there.