Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Everyone is focussed on the MCU, but we are forgetting the other properties they'll have now. Like one of the biggest cultural influences in the developed world, The Simpsons.

That is huge. Nobody could seen that coming. Well, Except for The Simpsons themselves in that one episode where they predicted it happening
Oh God, another 25 years of Nu-simpsons.

Glenn

Oct 27, 2017
Are we finally gonna get an r rated MCU movie? Gonna be interesting to see how Deadpool works

Schlorgan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Salt Lake City, Utah
Will Disney redo AFA and TLJ intro with the Fox theme music?
No. That makes no sense.

No they are not. Disney is larger than Comcast and the combined Disney and Fox will be noticeably larger than Comcast (by market value). The only metrics Comcast is larger is total revenue, cash flow and assets.
So if you take away everything that contributes to making a company big, Comcast is smaller than Disney. Got it.

Elandyll

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Disney adds the predator and alien characters to marvel lol.
That will have to wait a bit, but it's in the plans ;)

Brood-X-Men-Marvel-Comics-Clan1992-Queen-h.jpg

ManaByte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
Ding ding ding

Also, sadly-Jackman won't be in the MCU. If I had to guess it would be 5 -6 years at the earliest before we ever see an X-Men movie in the MCU.

Manabyte can correct me if I'm wrong but I think pre-production of films would put it that far out at the earliest.

Pretty much. Based on Marvel production pipeline it'll be probably late 2021 for the first mentions of anything Fox and then 2022 for the first movie at the very earliest. And that's if everything works out perfectly, the deal closes before next July, and they rush stuff through.

Basically the 2020/2021 stuff is being worked on right now. Anything beyond that would start in the second half of next year.

I actually talked to some of them over the weekend face to face. Basically they're finishing up A4 (still stuff being done there), working on Spidey 2, and then it's all the future 2020/2021 stuff they won't announce until next SDCC. Anything Fox is further out.

SlyCoug88

Jan 10, 2018
Also, sadly-Jackman won't be in the MCU. If I had to guess it would be 5 -6 years at the earliest before we ever see an X-Men movie in the MCU.

Manabyte can correct me if I'm wrong but I think pre-production of films would put it that far out at the earliest.

Well, if we look at the Spider-Man deal, it was announced that Sony and Disney had come to an agreement in February 2015, with Spider-Man appearing in Civil War in 2016, and Homecoming releasing in 2017. Based on that, it's not impossible that we could see mutants pop up in other movies as early as 2020 with an X-Men movie by 2021. It all depends on Marvel's plans of course, but I do have to imagine that Disney is going to want them to monetize their new properties as soon as possible.

EDIT: See Manabyte's post above mine. He clearly has more information than I do :)

Zan

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
We are another step closer to Disney being able to release classic Muppet Babies season sets on Blu-ray and DVD. Just need the rights to Star Trek(CBS/Viacom), DC(WB) and the Universal monsters(Comcast). They already got the Muppets, Marvel, Indiana Jones and Star Wars! Muah ha ha ha ha!

Disney cant even finish the Muppet show on DVD. You aren't getting the baby spinoff.

Wraith

Jun 28, 2018
If you want to get an idea what properties are involved in this deal beyond Marvel comic book franchises...

With Comcast out, how Disney's empire will look with Fox
  • Fox, FX, FXX, National Geographic TV - Series including The Simpsons, Bob's Burgers, Archer, Always Sunny, Fargo, Legion, This is Us, Modern Family, Atlanta
  • Fox Sports - Regional sports networks will have to be sold off to other parties due to antitrust agreement.
  • Hulu - Disney will now own 60% of Hulu.
  • Movies - In addition to X-Men, Fantastic Four and Deadpool, Disney now owns 20th Century Fox properties like Avatar.

Last edited:

borghe

Oct 27, 2017
aside from getting 70 years of movie output, 40 years of TV output, studio lots, and TV stations.. here are the franchises Disney gets in this

Aliens
Die Hard
X-Men
Fantastic Four
Simpsons
Planet of the Apes
X-Files
Predator

I'm sure I'm missing plenty.

Gaia Lanzer

Oct 25, 2017
She's... going to be disappointed.
Alexandra might be in luck. Marvel Studios have a nice track record of hiring actors/actresses that worked on other lackluster comic movies and bring them into the Marvel fold. I don't doubt if they recast her in a new role, it's going to be better than what they did with her in Apocalypse (hell, will even be a BETTER movie!).

drog

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
very very sad day, but OMG NOW WE CAN HAVE XMEN AND SPIDERMAN IN THE SAME MOVIE :O !!!!!!!!! EPIC WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Classicrock78

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
San Antonio
Alexandra might be in luck. Marvel Studios have a nice track record of hiring actors/actresses that worked on other lackluster comic movies and bring them into the Marvel fold. I don't doubt if they recast her in a new role, it's going to be better than what they did with her in Apocalypse (hell, will even be a BETTER movie!).
They can always hire her for agents of shield,luke cage,iron fist,dare devil,etc.

Joshua

Oct 27, 2017
aside from getting 70 years of movie output, 40 years of TV output, studio lots, and TV stations.. here are the franchises Disney gets in this

Aliens
Die Hard
X-Men
Fantastic Four
Simpsons
Planet of the Apes
X-Files
Predator

I'm sure I'm missing plenty.

They are also adding a major animation studio with Blue Sky. Scrat (the Ice Age squirrel) is now technically a Disney character.

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
The practical, sensible human in me thinks that's far too much power for one company to wield.

The NERD in me wants to see the Avengers and X-men team up to fight Doctor Doom.

Alice

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Man, it's really hard to be excited about this right now.

Still, it's a milestone. I just hope the MCU won't fall apart given all the rumors about Feige wanting to bow out.

Chaos Legion

The Wise Ones
Oct 30, 2017
So if you take away everything that contributes to making a company big, Comcast is smaller than Disney. Got it.
Please stop. Those metrics do not influence the market value of a company. Disney is worth more than Comcast. Full stop.

Netflix:
Market Cap - $157bn
Revenue - $12bn
Assets - $19bn

Disney:
Market Cap - $169bn
Revenue - $59bn
Assets - $96bn

Comcast:
Market Cap - $161bn
Revenue - $85bn
Assets - $187bn

funky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's nice they get their marvel rights bsck and star wars ep4 rights.

And that's the only positives in this monopolizing dark day for entertainment.

Keyouta

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Marvel must've had a plan for if this deal goes through. That'll be interesting to see, however long it takes to get to that point.