• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

maximumzero

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans, LA
What do I have to do to get Disney to spin up production on Simpsons DVD/BR sets again? Despite folks being dead set on everything post-ten being "bad" I still want me some commentaries.

Last edited:

Slackerchan

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
What do I have to do to get Disney to spin up production on Simpsons DVD/BR sets again? Despite folks being dead set on everything post-ten being "bad" I still me some commentaries.
It's a dark deity you would be pledging fealty to whose actions would be decidedly be a monkey's paw scenario: you'll get your blu ray season sets alright but they'll all be cropped for 16:9 and without special features.

maximumzero

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans, LA
It's a dark deity you would be pledging fealty to whose actions would be decidedly be a monkey's paw scenario: you'll get your blu ray season sets alright but they'll all be cropped for 16:9 and without special features.

To be fair, everything from Season 20 on is when the show was official in HD and 16:9, so that's not an issue.

The lack of commentaries would be a bummer though, and is like half of the reasons I used to buy the damn things.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
What do I have to do to get Disney to spin up production on Simpsons DVD/BR sets again? Despite folks being dead set on everything post-ten being "bad" I still want me some commentaries.

a properly remastered simpsons with commentary would be the easiest buy of my life

sadly I don't think it's happening

Cartwynd

Shinra Employee
Sep 14, 2023
Very excited to watch this in 4K. They also shared a clip from the BTS features, and I'm really eager to watch them. I hope S2 will get a BTS special to close out the series. This show deserves it.

View: https://twitter.com/empiremagazine/status/1783149272600285625

There is something so sad when studios don't spend the money to do that for things like that. I realize it's probably a little weird to say because they are still essentially marketing, but if you don't do them nothing about the ephemera of the film really exists for easy reference.

Sep 6, 2020
It's here baby!
765AWyJ.jpg
gUlunid.jpg
pqMTj8U.jpg

RJfHrJe.jpg

They could probably call this a "hard plastic book" instead of a "steelbook," but I'm just psyched to see The Eye in 4k high bitrate.

B'z-chan

Oct 27, 2017
Really wish these were coming out after Sony started manufacturing so we could actually get Dolby Vision.
Temper your expectations, I don't think that is part of the deal. Unless it's reported differently they are taking care of the retail distribution.

Looking forward to a rewatch of Andor while I wait for SheHulk to get an announcement.

Freddy=Legend

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 29, 2017
Got my copies of Obi-Wan, Falcon/Winter Soldier, & Moon Knight over the weekend from DMC. Haven't had the chance to take them for a spin & don't know when I will. But I'm so glad to have the chance to own them & enjoy them whenever I want without being forced to subscribe to a streaming service. I really hope Disney gets us the rest of the MCU shows soon & Ahsoka. Will happily get them.

TeenageFBI

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
UPS handed over my package to USPS who claim they delivered it. Surprise, it's not here! I called Barnes & Noble and they were all LOL NO REFUNDS.

I know I should have gone with Amazon or whatever. But Jesus Christ, is it normal for a vendor to just ignore someone with an issue like that?

I guess I'll try opening a ticket with USPS.

ShabbadooJr

Oct 27, 2017
Omaha, NE
My copies of Andor, Obi-Wan, Moon Knight, and Falcon and the Winter Soldier were delivered from Walmart on Monday. I've had 0 issues with Wal-Marts shipping since Best Buy stopped carrying discs. I can't wait to dive into them this week.

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
I'm kind of disappointed that the Andor set is pretty barebones considering it's the one where I followed cast and crew interviews on all the various podcasts and YouTube shows out there, but I guess paying people to promote the show vs paying people to sit down and do audio commentaries or something are two different things.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Got my copy of Andor the other day as well, I'll hold off on watching it though until S2 draws closer 🙂

Darknight

"I'd buy that for a dollar!"
Oct 25, 2017
UPS handed over my package to USPS who claim they delivered it. Surprise, it's not here! I called Barnes & Noble and they were all LOL NO REFUNDS.

I know I should have gone with Amazon or whatever. But Jesus Christ, is it normal for a vendor to just ignore someone with an issue like that?

I guess I'll try opening a ticket with USPS.

I would call B&N customer service again. It looks like people have gotten refunds from packages that weren't delivered or delivered to the wrong address.