• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Penguin

The Mushroom Kingdom Knight
Oct 25, 2017
New York
That was quick, honestly.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/07/business/disney-la-times.html?smid=tw-share

Amid a growing backlash, the Walt Disney Company on Tuesday reversed its decision to bar The Los Angeles Times from press screenings of its movies following an investigation by the newspaper into the media giant's business dealings in Anaheim.

"We've had productive discussions with the newly installed leadership at The Los Angeles Times regarding our specific concerns, and as a result, we've agreed to restore access to advance screenings for their film critics," Disney said in a statement.

Deleted member 8593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Man I am really glad that we resolved this issue

the real issue

not some other thing that happened before that and everybody is going to forget about

this issue

Titik

Oct 25, 2017
It's fucked up they can even try to do this in the first place. I'm glad the backlash was nice and swift.

Dog of Bork

Oct 25, 2017
Texas
As much as I enjoy their movies, Disney seems to be leveraging its position in such a way that it's going to hurt the movie industry rather than simulate it. I'm not looking forward to how screwed small theaters will be when they want to show their movies next year if Disney keeps upgrading their demands.

Nice to see that backlash worked in this case, but their demands for TLJ are likely going to be met by most theaters, albeit begrudgingly.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
lol look at them trying to spin this as some sort of compromise born out of negotiation.

Deleted member 3058

Oct 25, 2017
"We've had productive discussions with the newly installed leadership at The Los Angeles Times regarding our specific concerns, and as a result, we've agreed to restore access to advance screenings for their film critics," Disney said in a statement.
Anyone knows what this is about?

Lunar15

Oct 25, 2017
So, if I was the LA times I'd write a pretty scathing article on their dealings with Anaheim now. Follow up on the original story.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
No one crosses the mouse and gets away with it.

They made the mistake of forgetting they were still mortal and thus could be cut but they'll remember this slight once they assume their final form and become the god king emperor of corporations.

Deleted member 3058

Oct 25, 2017
Why? What did they do?
Blacklisted Kotaku: https://kotaku.com/a-price-of-games-journalism-1743526293
The truth is that we've been cut off from Bethesda since our December 2013 report detailing the existence of the then-secret Fallout 4. Ubisoft has been nearly radio silent since our December 2014 report detailing the existence of the then-unannounced Assassin's Creed Victory (renamed Syndicate). When we ask representatives from either company for comment or clarification regarding breaking news, we hear nothing in response. When we ask them about their plans for upcoming games or seek to speak with one of their developers about one of their projects, it's the same story. Total silence.

Blacklisting is very common in the videogames industry

Nov 1, 2017
Damn good, Disney is too big and far too powerful but they got to remember with many voices ringing out even they can be held accountable...........to a degree.

Nacho

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Honestly this is enough to show that they can't be trusted with being able to do shit like buy fox and other companies anymore and consolidate popular ips under one roof. They're overstepping the line constantly.