• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I forgot that they own the Simpsons now.

Shit, man. That's a lot of stuff.

Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

Maximus

Oct 27, 2017
I'm happy I won't have to sub to another service to rewatch The Simpsons. I've been wanting to watch the older seasons for a long time.

Remark

Oct 27, 2017
Man Disney really bout to go off in the streaming game.

Netflix might be fucked idk

SP.

Oct 27, 2017
Fuck them for leading with Tron Legacy and still refusing to make a sequel.

Selbran

Oct 25, 2017
I noticed the absence of the Fox logo at the end. I wonder if The Simpsons are the only Fox show launching on the service or if we can expect to see others like Bob's Burgers, Family Guy, and American Dad? I expected it to be the latter, but now I'm unsure.

DoradoWinston

Apr 9, 2019
Me before watching: I assume its gonna just have a bunch of clips of things to watch but lets watch anyways

Me after: Damn....You make a lot of great shit Disney...So where do I put my credit card information? actually just take the damn thing here you go

Maple

Oct 27, 2017
A little disappointed by the lack of MCU films (only 4 available I believe). I may subscribe just for a month to watch a few shows and then unsubscribe until the content library is more mature.

Maple

Oct 27, 2017
People need something to be angry about. This is an insane value.

Of course it's an insane value. That's the point. They want Disney+ operating at a massive scale immediately. They don't want to wait years for subscribers to come aboard. That price point exists to rack up as many subscribers as they can within the shortest time period possible.

Once they hit a number they're satisfied with, they'll start raising prices quickly.

clearacell

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Smiled hard when the Simpsons came up. Probably gonna have the first 12 seasons in constant rotation in my house

Mcfrank

Oct 28, 2017
Of course it's an insane value. That's the point. They want Disney+ operating at a massive scale immediately. They don't want to wait years for subscribers to come aboard. That price point exists to rack up as many subscribers as they can within the shortest time period possible.

Once they hit a number they're satisfied with, they'll start raising prices quickly.

How dare they!

Miyahon

Nov 8, 2017
Anyone know how they will do new releases on the service? Will you have to wait months after a movie is released on disc before it will show up on Disney+ ie similar to what they did with Netflix Disney movies?

BigMack

Oct 27, 2017
Wait.... they're gonna have The Simpsons on the Disney branded app? I thought that would be on Hulu. Some of the Itchy and Scratchy cartoons, among other things, really doesn't seem like it fits the Disney family friendly image.

GJ

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Anyone know how they will do new releases on the service? Will you have to wait months after a movie is released on disc before it will show up on Disney+ ie similar to what they did with Netflix Disney movies?
It'll be on the service within a year. I guess it depends on the movie, and they probably wanna get some physical sales in first.

BigMack

Oct 27, 2017
I would assume this service will take the place of when movies would normally show up on HBO, Starz, etc. Maybe even a little quicker