• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Webbo

Nov 27, 2017
United Kingdom
I just wanted to double check on the 4K HDR support.

I own a Samsung KS7000, PS4 Pro and Xbox One S.

Am I correct in saying out of those 3 the only platform that supports 4K and HDR is the Xbox? I've read the Samsung TV app doesn't support 4K and the PS4 app doesn't support HDR? Thanks

Tetsujin

Unshakable Resolve
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Weird. Every Star Wars movie is in HDR (well apart from the older movies having fake HDR ofc)...except TFA. What's up with that...

Oct 29, 2017

Am I correct in saying out of those 3 the only platform that supports 4K and HDR is the Xbox? I've read the Samsung TV app doesn't support 4K and the PS4 app doesn't support HDR? Thanks

My RU7470 supports HDR and 4K on the Samsung app.

CloudWolf

Oct 26, 2017
People are going to tell you that it's better that way because they can discuss and hype themself up in social media/ on forums for every EP.

Put me in the #TeamBinge. Let me choose my own watching speed.
I am one of those people, I will always prefer weekly releases over the Netflix-style dumping of the full season, but for The Mandalorian at this point in time it makes no sense since all the episodes are already out and discussion has pretty much died down already. Why still spread the episodes out weekly when someone can go to any random torrent site and get all the episodes from there no problem?

King Kingo

Banned
Dec 3, 2019
So I started to watch Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes to see what the hype was about...

Damn, I didn't expect the show to be this good. this show is so criminally underrated. Fuck Jeph Loeb for replacing it.

Fishook

Dec 20, 2017
i suppose they are dropping The Mandalorian weekly as they don't want you to Binge watch the series in it's 7 day free period, as there only really exclusive it's pretty shit overall unless you have got kids, I can see me getting bored of Netflix in a weeks and I have only had a few days. I am really starting missing live sports.

Milkypooz

Oct 27, 2017

My Samsung Q9FN supports 4K and HDR (UK here)

Deleted member 7883

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I was looking for something new to binge while working during day 12 of the staycation. Gonna watch thru Clone Wars in its entirety this time... I first/last watched the show in 2015 when I binged thru the first 4.5 seasons. I didn't grow up with the show, but damn it's wild how good the CG holds up in season 1. Some of the animations look a little stiff and the lighting does make it a smidge dated, but wow. 12 years later and it still looks great. As someone who grew up with Jimmy Neutron and the Reboot VHS tapes my folks recorded, it's really cool seeing a 12 year old 3D animated show still look GOOD. Young Ahsoka looks freakin' weird tho.

edit: also the new 4:3 "remaster" of The Simpsons cannot come soon enough. Much to my chagrin, I'm too much of a snob to enjoy the overly-blurry, smeary, low resolution 16:9 versions of classic Simpsons that are already on Disney+ :(

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
People are going to tell you that it's better that way because they can discuss and hype themself up in social media/ on forums for every EP.

It is better, because of the very reason you mentioned.

But, for brand new series, not for series which are available for months already. This here is country specific license nonsense.

SPRidley

Oct 25, 2017

Put me in the #TeamBinge. Let me choose my own watching speed.

I wouldnt mond if everyone in the world were at the same level. But that shit was released in america months ago, worldwide release dates should be a must if they are going the release weekly thing.
Even more when we know those things are already dubbed in every language thanks to people that used vpn to use american disney plus from other parts of the world.

Donos

Nov 15, 2017
It is better, because of the very reason you mentioned.

But, for brand new series, not for series which are available for months already. This here is country specific license nonsense.
Well, to each their own. I'm specifically waiting watching the new Better Call Saul season till it has almost all EPs up. Sometimes one Ep is enough, sometimes i want to watch 4 in a row. Waiting a week takes me out of it and i watch/start something else. But i also don't have the desire to post/write about every EP, like others do.

Webbo

Nov 27, 2017
United Kingdom

Shudouken

Jun 19, 2019
Kinda disappointed in how up to date the EU/German selection is at this point.
Many series only have one season available (The new DuckTales, Marvel's Runaways) and the Mandalorian only has the first two chapters.
Maybe it's because of dubs. I wish I could watch content only released in English as well.

Edit: Also no "Phil of the Future" available here for some reason.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Thanks I've downloaded the app on my TV but it doesn't launch here until 2nd April so I'll check it out then.

Edit:

Is this just an issue for older Samsung models then?
Seems to be.
Did some googling and reddit has a few responses that as it's an older TV it's not as supported. They claim Disney said they're looking into it, but I wouldn't expect it to change. Which is bullshit considering Netflix, Amazon Prime, YouTube etc all support 4K.

Aniki

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
Oh wow they only have the first three seasons of Agents of Shield here in Germany. That's so disappointing and i can't even think of a reason why that is. I already saw the first 4 seasons when the show was on Netflix and i thought i could now continue where i left off but nope.

KoolAid

Oct 25, 2017
Here in Spain the TV audiences completely tanked all over yesterday, Disney+ is being a complete success over here, which makes sense considering our situation

Jun 1, 2018
I was looking for something new to binge while working during day 12 of the staycation. Gonna watch thru Clone Wars in its entirety this time... I first/last watched the show in 2015 when I binged thru the first 4.5 seasons. I didn't grow up with the show, but damn it's wild how good the CG holds up in season 1. Some of the animations look a little stiff and the lighting does make it a smidge dated, but wow. 12 years later and it still looks great. As someone who grew up with Jimmy Neutron and the Reboot VHS tapes my folks recorded, it's really cool seeing a 12 year old 3D animated show still look GOOD. Young Ahsoka looks freakin' weird tho.

edit: also the new 4:3 "remaster" of The Simpsons cannot come soon enough. Much to my chagrin, I'm too much of a snob to enjoy the overly-blurry, smeary, low resolution 16:9 versions of classic Simpsons that are already on Disney+ :(
did they say when they will fix the simpsons?

Oct 29, 2017
Anyone else with a Samsung LED which has HDR (not QLED) try Black Panther and let me know if it's watchable in the dark scenes? Specifically around the 9 min mark, it's so dark on my RU7470 that it's literally unwatchable during dark scenes as I can't make out a thing that's going on. And HDR can't be disabled on my model TV without going into a service mode which I'm not keen on.

Soap

Oct 27, 2017
Is there a recommended watch list for clone wars? I am really trying to get through the first season but some episodes suck so much.

Jul 4, 2018
yes, I understood what you meant after having wrote the post.

still, season 4 MIA.
I'm sure season 4 will be up at some point, it's likely just a mistake as I have season 4 here in NZ.

Maybe they hadn't finished a local dub or sub something like that is all I can really think would be holding it up, unless they made a mistake. You could always go into the request a title section of the website and request Kim Possible Season 4.

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
Okay so the Lion King remake is fucking dreadful. I say that as someone that quite liked the Beauty and the Beast and Jungle Book remakes. It's just off. It feels like such a weird interpretation. Like a childhood memory smeared with vaseline.

Jul 4, 2018
Is there a recommended watch list for clone wars? I am really trying to get through the first season but some episodes suck so much.
Disney+ had a list of 20 essential episodes listed just before season 7 went up

S1:E1 "Ambush"
"Yoda leads three clone troopers against a droid army."

S1:E5 "Rookies"
"Rookie clones must fend for themselves against an invasion."

S2:E5 "Landing at Port Rain"
"Anakin, Ahsoka, and Ki-Adi-Mundi seek to destroy a droid factory."

S2:E6 "Weapons Factory"
"Luminara and Anakin act as decoys to divert enemy super-tanks."

S2:E7 "Legacy of Terror"
"Obi-Wan and Anakin lead a search for Luminara."

S2:E8 "Brain Invaders"
"Ahsoka and Barriss must stop the unleashing of a deadly plague."

S2:E12 "The Mandalore Plot"
"Obi-Wan uncovers the truth about the "Mandalore Plot."

S2:E13 "Voyage of Temptation"
"Anakin discovers Obi-Wan and the Duchess' history together."

S3:E2 "ARC Troopers"
"Anakin Skywalker and Obi-Wan Kenobi hurry to defend Kamino."

S4:E21 "Brothers"
"Savage Oppress continues his quest to find Darth Maul."

S4:E22 "Revenge"
"Savage and Darth Maul unite to seek revenge on Obi-Wan."

S5:E6 "The Gathering"**
"Jedi younglings undergo a rite-of-passage."

S5:E1 "Revival"**
"Maul and Savage forcibly recruit pirates to their cause."

S5:E14 "Eminence"
"The Siths ally with the Death Watch that targets Obi-Wan Kenobi."

S5:E15 "Shades of Reason"
"The Sith and Death Watch launch an attack on Mandalore."

S5:E16 "The Lawless"
"Using Duchess Satine, Darth Maul lures Obi-Wan into a trap."

S5:E17 "Sabotage"
"Anakin and Ahsoka investigate a bombing at the Jedi temple."

S5:E18 "The Jedi Who Knew Too Much"
"Ahsoka finds herself running out of allies and alternatives."

S5:E19 "To Catch a Jedi"
"The fugitive Ahsoka escapes to Coruscant."

S5:E20 "The Wrong Jedi"
On trial for murder, Ahsoka is expelled from the Jedi Order."

Abaddon

Oct 25, 2017
Okay so the Lion King remake is fucking dreadful. I say that as someone that quite liked the Beauty and the Beast and Jungle Book remakes. It's just off. It feels like such a weird interpretation. Like a childhood memory smeared with vaseline.
I tried to watch it yesterday and I agree, was quite looking forward to it but the fact they went for the realistic style just makes the dialogue feel disconnected from what's happening on the screen, especially considering just how emotive the original was. Scars introduction scene with the mouse is a perfect example of this, it just felt lifeless compared.

Lionheart360

Oct 27, 2017
Ignore that Disney + viewing guide. It misses A LOT of important episodes. Follow something like this instead-

Essential Episodes

S1- Rookies

S2- Landing at Point Rain, Weapons Factory, Brain Invaders, Legacy of Terror, Brain Invaders, The Mandalor Plot, Voyage of Tempation, Duchess of Mandalore

S3- Clone Cadets, Arc Troopers, Nightsisters, Monster, Witches of the Mist

S4- Darkness on Umbara, Plan of Dissent, Carnage of Krell, The General, A Friend in Need, Massacre, Bounty, Brothers, Revenge

S5- Revenge, Eminence, Shades of Reason, The Lawless, Sabotage, Tje Jedi Who Knew Too Much, To Catch a Jedi, The Wrong Jedi

S6- The Unknown, Conspiracy, Fugitive, Orders, The Lost One, Voices, Destiny, Sacrifice

40 Episodes. These are the ones you need to watch for the story.

Now for honorable mentions (some of my favorite episodes)

S1- Ambush, Cloak of Darkness, Lair of Grievous, Jedi Crash, Defenders of Peace, The Hidden Enemy, Storm Over Ryloth, Innocents of Ryloth, Liberty on Ryloth

S2- Grevious Intrigue, The Deserter, Bounty Hunters

S3- Heroes on Both Sides, Overlords, Altar of Mortis, Ghosts of Mortis, The Citadel, Counter Attack, Citadel Rescue

S4- Kidnapped, Slaves of the Republic, Escape from Kadavo, Deception, Friends and Enemies, The Box, Crisis on Naboo

S5- A War on Two Fronts, Front Runners, The Soft War, Tipping Points

S6- An Old Friend, The Rise of Clovis, Crisis at the Heart

Jul 24, 2018
So, Disney Plus started now in Germany and we won't get Frozen 2 till the end of f'n July and Toy Story 4 also only comes in April.
Mandalorian also weekly despite being completely available in German for at least 3 months already via Disney + Netherlands.

The service sucks already, congratulations.

(Ok, more the stupid licensing deals, but still, the main thing I f'n hate about services like these)
Hey at least you guys have Disney+, we Danish neighbours needs to wait till summer altogether :(

Feb 24, 2018
In Disney+ where is the section for all the Fox stuff and movies? Like a place for all the stuff that don't fit into the five main sections?

Also is TaleSpin in the UK version, I couldn't find it.

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
Watched three men and a baby. What an incredibly 80's, corny movie. Lol. I enjoyed myself. Tom Selleck's outfits are incredible in the film.

Jegriva

Banned
Sep 23, 2019
Launched here in Italy: odd things:
  • Xmen Animated Series hasn't the italian language despite, well, having been broadcasted in italian
  • Ducktales OG has only 6 episodes of the third season
  • the ony 4K HDR animated classics are The Lion King, Beauty and the Beast and... The Black Cauldron.
did they say when they will fix the simpsons?
After they release the theatrical versions of the Star Wars original trilogy.

Status
Not open for further replies.