Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 31133

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
UK here. Just signed up.

Must say, very impressed with the content so far considering the price. The stream quality is also excellent. Looking forward to see what Disney can add in the future.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
So, Disney Plus started now in Germany and we won't get Frozen 2 till the end of f'n July and Toy Story 4 also only comes in April.
Mandalorian also weekly despite being completely available in German for at least 3 months already via Disney + Netherlands.

The service sucks already, congratulations.

(Ok, more the stupid licensing deals, but still, the main thing I f'n hate about services like these)

Steiner_Zi

Oct 28, 2017
Anyone watching the Mandalorian for the first time? First 2 episodes were decent, really high production values, but I'm not feeling any connection with the main character so far or his motivations or where the story is going. Hopefully it picks up a bit going forward.

nampad

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

mcfizzle

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Last edited:

Lee Morris

Oct 28, 2017
Ducktails 87 series 1 is missing Sphinx for the memories and Launchpad's cival war. Plus the ordering is messed up, as the first 5 episodes as 37 - 41. Also in the new numbering episodes 2 and 3 are missing (I presume this is to do with the 2 episodes listed above.

liquidtmd

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Downloaded the app on my UK LG TV and it's generally ok but when trying to scroll through shows like Simpsons, Clone Wars, X-Men etc that have a lot of episodes it's basically unusable as the response time to button presses is so long. Not the end of the world as I can obviously use the console apps but hoping the app gets a fairly quick update.

Same here (UK LG TV User)

Hope for a quick resolution. It's good otherwise

Oct 30, 2017
Love it so far, but I definitely think you can see the reduced bitrate, especially 4k content.
Excited for Pirates of the Carribean in 4kHDR, and the Black Cauldron! and all kinds of stuff.
May wait to watch 4K content for a bit until the bandwidth limit goes away. Could be months though, I guess.

IHaveIce

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
While I still am happy with many things on tthe service I still have to say I am annoyed how licensing deals make the German Disney plus worse than other countries.

I expected Toy Story 4 and Frozen 2.

And at least some of the other shows.
Thing is Disney Plus Germany doesn't even seem to have a twitter account so you could ask questions like other countries do.

From thinking this could replace my amazon or netflix subscription to being thougjt about if I will keep it for longer than 6 months

Monkey D.

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
How often are they updating the movie and TV shows catalogue ?

I want spiderman the animated series in Germany :(

CortexVortex

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Sometimes it stutters a bit (PS4 Pro) but overall I quite enjoy it so far. Watched Mandalorian, Clone Wars Season 1 and Maleficent yesterday and my watchlist is already pretty full.

StallionDan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Can't believe after launching the service so late they've not even dropped all Mandalorian episodes at once. Still want to drip feed them.

A lot of the 'family' movies US has are also absent, with mainly kids stuff available.

Not appealing to me, to be honest.

CloudWolf

Oct 26, 2017
Bizarre that they still chose to drop The Mandalorian weekly. I can't fathom the reason why they're doing that.

Soap

Oct 27, 2017
Bizarre that they still chose to drop The Mandalorian weekly. I can't fathom the reason why they're doing that.
It's the only original they have that will keep people subscribed rather than just watching what they want and cancelling. It is still stupid though since it undermines one of the main advances of a streaming service like this (reducing piracy).

disgraciau

Oct 27, 2017
Ibiza, Balearic Islands, Spain
Here in Spain arrived yesterday.

It's ok, but I don't understand why tv series like Ducktales 1987 are incomplete. And about Clone Wars.... there's a movie and a final season. What happens with the rest of the series? Also.... wasn't there another series created by Tartakovsky?

Xin_Eohp

Apr 28, 2018
The service have been delayed for France because of the coronavirus, I really wonder why we're the only european country being affected.

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
So I've potentially made a mistake.
I bought a Roku premier thing in anticipation of Disney plus, but I'm in Germany and it might be the case that the app isn't actually supported here? It's still not shown up on the device or website and I have no idea if it's because it isn't officially supported in the region or if I'm just in a rush and it will appear in a day or 2(I clearly did not do enough research when buying it).

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Fuck me, Christopher Robin also only available from April 15 on. For what exactly have we waited 3 months? Get your shit together Disney.

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Panasonic doesn't have it on their store front yet, but at least it's on the PS4 Pro to use, watched A Goofy Movie last night to rock out to some Powerline.

TheZjman

Banned
Nov 22, 2018
Really chuffed with this so far in UK. Sucks that there is no frozen 2 or spider man far from home but i understand the monopoly sky has on these things.

Watched the first two eps of Mandalorian and i love it so much. So good. Quality through the roof - the marvel shows are going to be so great.

SPRidley

Oct 25, 2017
Spain here, just testedit last night.
Incredibly surprised how much obscurre stuf that was relatively impossible to find in my country can be found here, in good quality and with castillian spanish dub. I dont know where the fuck thia guus were hidden this stuff but here it is lol

Watched the imagineering story with a friend that was mostly why i wanted to try disbey plus. Great, great stuff. Dubbed, super high quality footage and some i havent even seen. Tons of interviews withe the last guard of old imagineering that have already retired.

Was the first theme park documentary for my friend and she was captiavted. She loves disneyland paris but never knew how much work went into them.

Also love that a lot of movies have the bluray extras. I really recommend everyone to watch the longer extras from Snowhite, does are some of the best extras ive ever seen in a bluray.

Not a fan though that they cant release some of the movies already released in america, covid should take priorities to fucking contracts before them.

One question BTW, is the release of episode each week? I really want to continues with the imagineering story.

Xun

Oct 25, 2017
London
Spain here, just testedit last night.
Incredibly surprised how much obscurre stuf that was relatively impossible to find in my country can be found here, in good quality and with castillian spanish dub. I dont know where the fuck thia guus were hidden this stuff but here it is lol

Watched the imagineering story with a friend that was mostly why i wanted to try disbey plus. Great, great stuff. Dubbed, super high quality footage and some i havent even seen. Tons of interviews withe the last guard of old imagineering that have already retired.

Was the first theme park documentary for my friend and she was captiavted. She loves disneyland paris but never knew how much work went into them.

Also love that a lot of movies have the bluray extras. I really recommend everyone to watch the longer extras from Snowhite, does are some of the best extras ive ever seen in a bluray.

Not a fan though that they cant release some of the movies already released in america, covid should take priorities to fucking contracts before them.

One question BTW, is the release of episode each week? I really want to continues with the imagineering story.
The Imagineering Story is great, eh?

I just wish we had all episodes to watch in Europe...

Lee Morris

Oct 28, 2017
Really chuffed with this so far in UK. Sucks that there is no frozen 2 or spider man far from home but i understand the monopoly sky has on these things.

Watched the first two eps of Mandalorian and i love it so much. So good. Quality through the roof - the marvel shows are going to be so great.
You aren't going to get Far From Home on Disney+, it's a Sony Pictures film.

Monkey D.

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Germany here... no Gargoyles has me sad :(
Gargoyles is in but the first episode has broken background music in the German dub. Second episode was fine when I was watching and xmen the animated series is only in English . Even missing German subs.

The have alot of work to do. I thought something like Disney would be more professional

IHaveIce

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Xmen only being in English is also stupid, the german dub was on netflix like 2 years ago or something.

What the hell is disney doing

Donos

Nov 15, 2017
People are going to tell you that it's better that way because they can discuss and hype themself up in social media/ on forums for every EP.

Put me in the #TeamBinge. Let me choose my own watching speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.