Status
Not open for further replies.

menacer

Dec 15, 2018
It seemed to work perfectly fine on the PS4 app and the site (aside from a few hiccups here and there). Having access to so much Star Wars and Simpsons is really making me feel like a kid in a candy store and I don't know where to start.

Deleted member 3812

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It seemed to work perfectly fine on the PS4 app and the site (aside from a few hiccups here and there). Having access to so much Star Wars and Simpsons is really making me feel like a kid in a candy store and I don't know where to start.

I wanted to watch some of the earliest Simpsons episodes on Disney+ today, can't because Disney+ won't let me login.

maximumzero

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans, LA
Poked around the app this morning on my AppleTV.

Looks like it's good stuff, but I was only able to add maybe a half-dozen shows to my watchlist before that stopped functioning.

Glad I managed to nab the Oswald Profile Icon though, as far as I can tell it doesn't seem to be available anymore, though that may just be a side effect of things being busted.

PlayBee

One Winged Slayer
Nov 8, 2017
It was working fine this morning but now I get Service Unavailable on my LG C6.

Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
I don't personally care about them at all, but a friend's request led me to search and it looks like only a handful of the Wonderful World of Disney movies that aired on ABC in the 90s and early 2000s are on there. wonder why

oracledragon

Oct 27, 2017
Problems aside, is this bingable? Could I sub for a month, watch all of Mandalorian, then unsub? Or is it a weekly deal?

Also does it allow downloads, or streaming only?

Mortemis

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I haven't gotten this yet, but the amount of crying on twitter about it being down is annoying. Saw one guy say how can disney not be able to supply "something intangible like digital goods". Like the internet and digital goods run on magic.

Deleted member 3812

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Disney+ is letting me login now but it won't work, got an error saying "Sorry something went wrong. Please try again later." with only an "OK" button, click OK and it's blank pages clicking on "Originals", "Movies", and "Series" at the top.

ArkkAngel007

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Things were good earlier in the day, but having quite a few issues now (PS4 app) now that the service is starting to be hit by sudden traffic. It's expected for there to be some Day 1 snafus, so hopefully things are cleaned up quick. No surprise that there are people wanting to spin things up into an outrage.

Btw, I hope they add more icons. From the quick look and choosing for the kiddo and I, representation was pretty bad in Marvel and Star Wars. The former had just Wasp for women, while the latter had only Asohka (maybe Sabine too?) and much of it was bent toward the Empire/FO. No PoC options for Star Wars either iirc.

The Argus

Oct 28, 2017
Chose the perfect day to get a cold. LG App is working well (shame you can't use the motion control), 4K Dolby Vision is beautiful, and I've had no crashes outside of not being able to change my profile pic. Running off the Verizon offer, pretty great so far.

JeTmAn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Things were good earlier in the day, but having quite a few issues now (PS4 app) now that the service is starting to be hit by sudden traffic. It's expected for there to be some Day 1 snafus, so hopefully things are cleaned up quick. No surprise that there are people wanting to spin things up into an outrage.

Btw, I hope they add more icons. From the quick look and choosing for the kiddo and I, representation was pretty bad in Marvel and Star Wars. The former had just Wasp for women, while the latter had only Asohka (maybe Sabine too?) and much of it was bent toward the Empire/FO. No PoC options for Star Wars either iirc.

No Leia in Star Wars, which my wife wanted for hers. Had to settle for Merida. Kid is Elsa.

You can guess who I picked.....^

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Since the Mandalorian thread now has spoiler in it, how was the first episode in a spoiler-free way?

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Glad I managed to nab the Oswald Profile Icon though, as far as I can tell it doesn't seem to be available anymore, though that may just be a side effect of things being busted.
Yeah, it's probably just a service issue. I haven't been able to change my icon at all yet; the page that's supposed to display them all is just blank.

Deleted member 1086

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Boise Area, Idaho
WHAT?! That is one of the all time great episodes.
Matt Groening, James L Brooks, and Al Jean made the conscious decision earlier this year after the HBO documentary on Michael Jackson to pull the episode from future distribution, so it no longer appears for purchase on digital platforms, no longer appears on streaming, and no longer appears in television syndication.

DrewFu

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Apr 19, 2018
Matt Groening, James L Brooks, and Al Jean made the conscious decision earlier this year after the HBO documentary on Michael Jackson to pull the episode from future distribution, so it no longer appears for purchase on digital platforms, no longer appears on streaming, and no longer appears in television syndication.
I don't like the decision at all. It was one of the all time classic episodes.

Strangelove_77

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How's Marvel's Hero Project? I'm a big MCU nerd so it's the only original thing I want to see right now.

JeTmAn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I'm pretty sure they updated the DVD release to remove it from subsequent pressings. The price of copies of that season went way up on Ebay right after.

ZiggyPalffyLA

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Los Angeles, California
Everything I read before launch said this wouldn't be available on LG OS so imagine my surprise this morning when I turned on my TV and got a notification that it was available! Now I can cancel my Apple TV 4K order!

Dec

Prophet of Truth
Oct 26, 2017
You can easily make an argument who owns a computer/laptop nowadays. I have 4 tvs and 2 iPads and never watch anything using a browser. I watch through the TV streaming apps, DVR, or iPad apps.

we livin' some very different entertainment lives

I haven't held a remote control in 10 years

In any case, the netflix windows app streams in high quality and prime video is also high quality on PC. I just mentioned the quality was mediocre, didn't expect to have people defend it in this way.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
Everything is busted. Servers issues be damned for a billion dollar company. Next time, have a bigger beta...

Real question regarding this: is there a real why they test these things in tiny markets, instead of then rolling it out or making a beta for a mass amount of users? I'm thinking of how game betas test for a huge influx of people at once, whereas here it seems they just wanted to test the app for bugs, moreso?

MattB

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So doesn't seem to be a logical reason that I can't download this yet.... Looking on forums people with the same phone and beta are able to download it...

JeTmAn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That's not how it works, Netflix has 100+ million subs but they've been operating for over a decade, they have very accurate usage stats and can match their resources accordingly, which is the complete opposite for a new service that is seeing a surge in usage from literally nothing.

Cloud is a lot harder than it seems.

Admittedly I have very little cloud experience, but I do know what an orchestrator is, and I just thought with the infrastructure available to giants like AWS, if you use one of those providers they have the capacity for quick scaling.

The Argus

Oct 28, 2017
Everything I read before launch said this wouldn't be available on LG OS so imagine my surprise this morning when I turned on my TV and got a notification that it was available! Now I can cancel my Apple TV 4K order!

Yeah the agreement happened like last week with LG, Samsung, and Amazon. App is pretty great, just no motion control. Looks gorgeous on my B7.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
What the heck??? Disney doesn't have access to the uncropped Simpsons episodes???
They probably do, but these already exist so it was probably much easier to just take these files which are already tagged and what not. Also, as these screens show, the cropped versions received a pretty decent cleaning up. That said, I and most people would rather have the fuzzier full frame episodes.

JeTmAn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
they are doing it all in-house

Well there it is. Do it yourself and you're gonna have some issues. Actually this service is remarkably well-done if they rolled their own stuff for everything, the app design and implementation on a plethora of devices. Even for a giant corporation, that ain't easy to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.