Status
Not open for further replies.

Johro

Nov 12, 2019
I can't say that I'm surprised since D+ has been marketed as family entertainment, but it looks like they'll never completely abandon Netflix/Hulu/Prime with no rated R content on the service.

I didn't see any announcements about this, but I thought they might have done an adult section for these features, but nope.

Deleted member 3812

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I can't say that I'm surprised since D+ has been marketed as family entertainment, but it looks like they'll never completely abandon Netflix/Hulu/Prime with no rated R content on the service.

I didn't see any announcements about this, but I thought they might have done an adult section for these features, but nope.

In articles I've read, Disney streaming plans has all family friendly/kid stuff going to Disney+, all adult stuff going exclusively to Hulu since Disney owns Hulu.

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle

Hulu needs more content in the future once things start to get pulled off of their. FX on Hulu is a good start. Searchlight is another. As is adult themed Disney and Fox movies.

Boogiepop

Oct 25, 2017
Man, I know it's incredibly niche by this point so they won't ever bother, but I wish they'd add the 3D versions of movies that have them, since I've been getting a bit into watching those on my VR headset.

But whatever, not the end of the world, and that minor issue aside, definitely finding plenty to watch!

Johro

Nov 12, 2019
In articles I've read, Disney streaming plans has all family friendly/kid stuff going to Disney+, all adult stuff going exclusively to Hulu since Disney owns Hulu.

Ah. Okay. I'm not too familiar with Hulu or been following anything to do with it since it's never been in Canada. I do see now, after a quick search, that it will be coming here. This makes more sense now.

Nemesis121

Nov 3, 2017
I got Disney+, Hulu, and ESPN+, i never had Hulu before disapointed to see adds gonna keep for one month then downgrade to just Disney+

Deleted member 3812

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Disney+ has a new George Lucas edit of Star Wars: A New Hope that's "an entirely different edit than the ones fans have seen before" according to The Verge:

Disney+ arrived with seven chapters of the Skywalker saga, but people have started to notice something strange about the first Star Wars film, A New Hope: it has an entirely different edit than the ones fans have seen before.

The change was "made by George made prior to the Disney acquisition," a Disney representative told The Verge. The new edit, which was first spotted by the Star Wars Visual Comparisons Twitter account, features an entirely new insert of the Rodian bounty hunter Greedo saying something while talking to Han Solo in the Mos Eisley cantina on Tatooine.

OP
OP
Spectromixer

Spectromixer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Oct 25, 2017
I never thought I'd officially be watching the Mighty Ducks cartoon again.

This app even has Avengers EMS and Tron Uprising (see this one!).

Skyejack

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 30, 2019
Without a Continue Watching bar, the app is kinda useless. It's funny that my Apple TV app remembers where I was in Disney shows but Disney's own app can't.

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Without a Continue Watching bar, the app is kinda useless. It's funny that my Apple TV app remembers where I was in Disney shows but Disney's own app can't.

There was definitely a continue watching bar last night before all the issues started happening because I clicked on A New Hope to see how it looked before going to bed. Not showing anymore though so maybe they disabled it for now while all the influx of people are using it.

nStruct

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Seattle, WA
There was definitely a continue watching bar last night before all the issues started happening because I clicked on A New Hope to see how it looked before going to bed. Not showing anymore though so maybe they disabled it for now while all the influx of people are using it.

I noticed this too. Continue watching feature was working last night, seems busted today.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
I also wish I can organize my Watchlist in some form. At least get it alphabetized. I feel like Disney did a lot to copy Netflix's UI, but not some of the actual features. Then again, alphabetization is a mess when browsing Movies or Series, as it is :/

JeTmAn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Lol at George still changing Star Wars even after he sold it.

Watching some blue cat movie now.

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
Dolby Vision content works if I restart my Fire tv, ugh.

Watching the Battle of Yavin and the color grading is all over the map, but the level of detail is excellent.

Captain of Outer Space

Come Sale Away With Me
Oct 28, 2017
The PS4 app is disappointing from the biggest media company in the world. Only having CC and no subtitles is terrible. The alphabetical sorting in the movie and show sections doesn't really work because a random assortment of content is titled "Disney _____" instead of the name everybody calls them. If you go far down those lists, it takes too much time to get to the top and it's faster to change sections and come back. The watch list is a mess like it is on Netflix, but at least Netflix's interface makes it easier for stuff you're likely to be interested in watching to surface to the top. Not having Marvel/Star Wars/Disney Animation/Pixar/Disney/Fox categories in the Shows/Movies sections is a big oversight and makes finding things harder with all of the stuff that's available, though the search does an okay job of helping surface some of that stuff. The way they do the Netflix thing of zooming out to suggest something new to watch when the credits role seems nice, but for Marvel stuff, it's easy to skip the mid/post credits scenes and skipping through video kind of stinks with no video preview. No options is also bad. It's a mess of an app and Disney should know better with all of the resources they have for this launch.

That said, I do like that they have extra stuff for a lot of the movies and shows that are in there. Hocus Pocus has a commentary version hidden in the extras that shows off concept art stuff, director commentary, and other neat stuff about the movie. They should surface that kind of stuff better.

Nemesis121

Nov 3, 2017
The app doesn't work on my TV, hope they fix it soon, my one day off just wanted to lay down and do nothing lol

Jboss

Oct 27, 2017
The Simpsons fuckup seems extra baffling to me since even FXNow/Simpsons World had the option to toggle between the "HD"/16:9 versions and the standard 4:3 versions. A real step backwards here.

Hopefully they fix it. It wasn't like I was going to give up my DVDs or my Plex server with rips from those discs, but for everyone else I wish for a speedy correction. Not making any huge bets on it, though.

Chitown B

Nov 15, 2017
The Simpsons fuckup seems extra baffling to me since even FXNow/Simpsons World had the option to toggle between the "HD"/16:9 versions and the standard 4:3 versions. A real step backwards here.

Hopefully they fix it. It wasn't like I was going to give up my DVDs or my Plex server with rips from those discs, but for everyone else I wish for a speedy correction. Not making any huge bets on it, though.

I got excited about streaming the seasons and finally watching the series from the start. Then crushed. I actually considered just purchasing discs to rip for Plex, that's how frustrated I am.

Jim

Oct 27, 2017
Wtf am I doing wrong? KS8000, start any star wars movie and HDR doesn't kick in. Don't even think it's in 4k.
I have no issues with 4K HDR on my KS8000 including older Star Wars titles. I do not use the crappy built in wifi though. I use a better wifi adapter to Ethernet which is a ton more reliable.

NealMcCauley

Oct 27, 2017
Taught my mom how to download and log into the app on my parents tv over the phone. Much less stressful than I thought it would be. Thank god android is similar across tv models.

Maximus

Oct 27, 2017
Weird I got two emails saying account details were changed, but when I went to check my account details, it's all the same...

Status
Not open for further replies.