• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CreepingFear

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Besides watching the The Mandalorian, I can't wait to see which app and browser give the best quality. As we know with Netflix, some are better than others. Supposedly, Apple TV's Netflix app provides the best quality.

Agent Unknown

Oct 26, 2017
Can't wait, gonna start with the Mandalorian then a mix of some cartoons like classic Mickey and Donald shorts and Ducktales 2017 (have missed most of the DT reboot since I don't have cable) then will go from there.

Last edited:

blondkayvon

Oct 26, 2017
Went through the trouble of switching my Xbox account to the Netherlands, only to discover that content is extremely light for the preview. Was trying to get some Veteran's Day binging in!

Horns

Dec 7, 2018
Have a feeling there will be some hiccups with it when it launches. So many people I know signed up for it. My kids are already asking when they can start watching it.

BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni
Gonna start binge watching Star Wars movies with my family ;)

Followed by pirates of the Caribbean

Excited for Noelle , love Christmas movies - same with muppets Christmas - hopefully will be 4K in the US

Yasuke

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Force Awakens is in 4k/DV!? Fuck yeah! And Rogue One! Neither of these were previously available in 4k.

Also, the original Pirates of the Caribbean trilogy in 4k. None of those were previously available in 4k either. Should look amazing.

I'm gonna enjoy revisiting so many old favorites just for the touch ups lol.

I need to get my hands on The Last Jedi in 4K sometime in the next month though. Gonna do a rewatch of the series ahead of episode IX

Oct 31, 2017
Yup, I thought there was a report that Disney + was going to be an add on possibility for Hulu.

But it does help for all the people that wanted the bundle who had Ad free Hulu or wanted Ad free Hulu

They probably want to do that (app in app), but they just want to make sure launch goes up smoothly and people have a good experience. Full integration will probably come later. I also think they would have to redesign Hulu's UI to be more in line with Disney+ and ESPN+.

Kyrios

Oct 27, 2017
Gonna start binge watching Star Wars movies with my family ;)

Followed by pirates of the Caribbean

Excited for Noelle , love Christmas movies - same with muppets Christmas - hopefully will be 4K in the US

Oh man you just reminded me about a Muppets Christmas Carol. Can't wait to watch that again.

BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni
Have a feeling there will be some hiccups with it when it launches. So many people I know signed up for it. My kids are already asking when they can start watching it.

Every time a new service launches or something big happens , there will be issues

Can never prepare enough - look at Steam for an example 😂

Dave_6

Oct 25, 2017
I'll be glad when I can finally download the app on my LG B6. Until then I'm apprehensive that it will be available on day one on that platform. I know the PS4 will have it but it probably won't do DV/HDR like the Netflix app.

TK-421

Nov 30, 2017
Death Star
Will the app be available on the KS8000?

From the official site

What Samsung Smart TVs can I use with Disney+?

Disney+ supports Samsung TVs from 2016 or later (with HD video support), that use the Tizen operating system. For the best experience, we recommend a high-speed Internet connection and a Smart TV running the most recent version of its operating system.

Samsung TVs using the Orsay OS are not supported and use of the built-in web browser is not supported on any Samsung TV. UHD video quality on Samsung TVs is not currently supported.

Last edited:

Kaelan

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Maryland

Laevateinn

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago
I registered using a randomly generated password and had an issue with my browser and lost all my saved passwords. Is there a way to do forgotten password yet? I can't find it.

TK-421

Nov 30, 2017
Death Star
I registered using a randomly generated password and had an issue with my browser and lost all my saved passwords. Is there a way to do forgotten password yet? I can't find it.

Not sure if it will be different for other apps, but I went through the sign in process on Xbox.

It just asks for the email address you used to sign up, sends a code to your email that you type in, and then you're authenticated. No password needed.

Duane

Unshakable Resolve
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017

Deleted member 135

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So will I be able to just add this as an add-on to Hulu from my Hulu's Account Management screen or will I have to sign up independently and like link the accounts or something?

Deleted member 5334

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not gonna work since it most likely will require an American credit card.

Depends? They accept Paypal, though I realize that's not an automatic indicator. Still... Given they seem to be using a unified (or as far as I can see) platform for International streaming, I can't imagine them restricting that.

I suppose someone can try and confirm if it accepts non-supported regional cards.

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Pumped for The Mandalorian. Also looking forward to watching some of the Pixar movies I've never gotten around to. Ratatouille and Wall-E in particular.

Crimsonskies

Alt account
Banned
Nov 1, 2019

I tried that with a different service but they go by address and your country of origin which is registered in the paypal system as well.

My Paypal has a registered Norwegian adress and my payment will be declined.

I can't change my country unless I get an American credit card which would be quite the task and too much to access disney plus so I guess I will be dodging spoilers until march.

DemonCarnotaur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
NYC
What time do we think the content will go live on the app? I'm in the US and there is some content on the Xbox app (more than yesterday) but overall, it's only a handful of titles.

I'm kinda hopeful the content will go live before the wide release of the app, I wanna watch some SW prequels today haha

Status
Not open for further replies.