• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 4, 2018
Onward is coming to Disney+ for Australia and New Zealand on the 24th of April. Was meant to be a theatrical release but now will skip cinemas entirely.

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
I'm looking forward to Onward releasing this week on D+ in the US. Canada wasn't mentioned in the press release so hopefully we don't have to wait.

Xun

Oct 25, 2017
London
Hopefully it'll be on the UK service at a similar time, although it wouldn't surprise me if Sky gets it first...

Jan 10, 2018
Does anyone know if there are known issues with D+ on the Amazon 4k firestick? I have a 4k non-HDR TV and whenever I try and play any HDR content it has a red/pink tint on the whole picture. It does this whichever resolution the firestick is set to, and with the dynamic range settings set to Adaptive. All the normal 4k and HD content on D+ works fine, and I never get the issue with any content on Netflix or Prime Video.

I have my PS4 on the same TV and it will play any of the D+ HDR content without the tint, but it's not a PS4 pro so it's not in 4K.

Readler

Oct 6, 2018
I'm using Disney+ on my PS4 with the app - just to be sure, is it streaming in 4K? Because compared to Netflix' 4K it looks...less 4K if that makes sense. The Mandalorian looked good, but 1080p good.

IHaveIce

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Just checked what disney plus teleases are in april here in Germany and it just seems to be the weekly stuff...

They have a lot of older stuff missing in Germany and the orders of episodes on a lot of series are messed up... Do they fix those things or upload older stuff in other regions?

liquidtmd

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
I'm using Disney+ on my PS4 with the app - just to be sure, is it streaming in 4K? Because compared to Netflix' 4K it looks...less 4K if that makes sense. The Mandalorian looked good, but 1080p good.

Are you comparing it to 'current' Netflix 4K output, in context of the active bitrate downgrades from Disney, Netflix et al

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
Why did no one tell me that the Lady and the Tramp remake is really okay and dare I say "good"?

Of course it should be discussed if it is actually needed in the first place, but for a Disney live action remake the people behind it seemed to actually give a damn.
Cinematography is quite alright, they actually used real dogs in a lot of places which makes all the difference and they updates the themes slightly from "ladies man settles down" to "loyalty has been betrayed but grumpy guy learns to trust and love again" - it's not the most original arc but when it's told well, I have a soft spot for it.

It also isn't a movie with a lot of action or grand set pieces - it's a nice little story that Disney already told in the 50s and told it well. Played out in an idealized version of New Orleans.
yeah as someone who doesn't care for the live action remake versions, gotta say lady and the tramp is probably the best one, if not one of the better ones. i really dug it. the dogs were great picks too. also redoes some problematic shit from the original like the Siamese cat scene. cozy film

Launchpad

Oct 26, 2017
yeah as someone who doesn't care for the live action remake versions, gotta say lady and the tramp is probably the best one, if not one of the better ones. i really dug it. the dogs were great picks too. also redoes some problematic shit from the original like the Siamese cat scene. cozy film
Did you like Jungle Book? It's the only one I've seen which is arguably better than the original. I really like the new stuff they added too and the King Louie scene is incredible. I've seen almost all of the others and they just feel soulless to me, Cinderella was quite good I recall though.

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
Did you like Jungle Book? It's the only one I've seen which is arguably better than the original. I really like the new stuff they added too and the King Louie scene is incredible. I've seen almost all of the others and they just feel soulless to me, Cinderella was quite good I recall though.
Lol i didn't care for the jungle book re make at allll. probably cause i'm a big fan of the original though.

King Kingo

Banned
Dec 3, 2019
Lol i didn't care for the jungle book re make at allll. probably cause i'm a big fan of the original though.

Funny you say that, I actually prefer Jon Favreau's Live-Action remake of The Jungle Book over the animated movie because it's more authentic to India. Which is all the more ironic because I was bored out of my mind by The Lion King remake.

Soap

Oct 27, 2017
I cancelled this. It's not that I think the service is bad or even bad value for money, it's just that I've watched everything I want already and there is very little original content worth a damn right now. Maybe in a few months I will try again.

TronLight

Jun 17, 2018
Is Disney+ limited on the resolution on Firefox? I can get Amazon Prime to 1080p, but Disney+ looks 480p at best. Any fixes?

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
Probably answered elsewhere, but how often does new content get added?
In UK it will need to come to Digital purchase then Bluray/DVD. The reason we haven't got Frozen 2 is literally today come out on Bluray./DVD.
I wonder how long until we can forego that little waiting game. It's weird, my opinion on physical/digital is completely opposite from films to video games.

Basically I want to watch Onward at home now.

Last edited:

Loud Wrong

Feb 24, 2020
I cancelled this. It's not that I think the service is bad or even bad value for money, it's just that I've watched everything I want already and there is very little original content worth a damn right now. Maybe in a few months I will try again.
I did this as well. Their original content is just so lackluster right now. The service isn't bad, but it also isn't very good.

Auros01

Avenger
Nov 17, 2017
Stargirl was pretty good. I don't know anything about the book but the movie had really good music and the story was pretty uplifting without being too cheesy. Disney+ continues to deliver for me in terms of original movies (Togo and Timmy Failure were great).

Also started Shop Class this week. I'm not really into reality TV or competitions but this one is decent. I like that most of the focus is on the actual projects and not drama or disagreements. I think I'll keep watching.

Been watching I Didn't Do It on the side. Definitely a Disney Channel-type show but it's hit it's stride for me about 4 episodes in. The comedic timing is pretty good. The main cast play off each other really well.

hobblygobbly

Oct 25, 2017
NORDFRIESLAND, DEUTSCHLAND
it's so fucking stupid that we wait a year for disney+ in europe yet it doesn't even launch with all episodes available for stuff like The Mandalorian and Jeff Goldblum's show, plus everyone is at home with the virus crisis, makes zero sense.

Katana_Strikes

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
That Mickey Mouse cartoon is pretty good.

Couldn't find One of Our Dinosaurs is Missing on there. It's an oldie that I loved as a kid. Strange that it's not available.

Aeon712

May 1, 2018
Did they ever add the ability to see what devices are logged in or if changing the password logs other accounts out?

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Just realized we still don't have Wander over Yonder do we? Bunch of other Disney cartoons like motor city missing too

Linkified

Dec 24, 2017
it's so fucking stupid that we wait a year for disney+ in europe yet it doesn't even launch with all episodes available for stuff like The Mandalorian and Jeff Goldblum's show, plus everyone is at home with the virus crisis, makes zero sense.

All of Jeff Goldblums show is already on the service in the UK though ...

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Welp, forgot to cancel the Disney+ trial so guess I'm part of the club for a year now. Will have to actually open the app and explore the catalogue tonight. Still, happy I can continue with The Mandalorian.

What’s Coming to Disney Plus in April 2020
OP
OP
Spectromixer

Spectromixer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
X-Men avatar added!!!!

cKfJQQ0.png

Spectromixer Did you post the April content?

variety.com

What’s Coming to Disney+ in April 2024

'Taylor Swift | The Eras Tour (Taylor’s Version' will stream on Disney+ starting March 15, featuring 'Cardigan' and four additional acoustic songs.

Someone may have posted a link. The most important thing is National Treasure at the end of the month, right?

What's Coming to Disney Plus in April 2020

April 1

Doctor Dolittle

April 3

The Boy Who Talked to Badgers

Dolphin Reef

Elephant

Onward

Penguins

Pluto's Party

The Straight Story

A Tale of Two Critters

All in a Nutshell

Don's Fountain of Youth

Donald's Dog Laundry

Double Dribble

Dragon Around

Elmer Elephant

How to Play Football

Lambert the Sheepish Lion

On Ice

Out of Scale

Sea Scouts

The New Neighbor

The Small One

Be Our Chef — Episode 102 — "Diagnosis: Delicious"

Disney Family Sundays — Episode 122 — "Minnie Mouse: Apron"

Disney's Fairy Tale Wedding — Episode 208 — "Marry ME"

Fish Hooks — Seasons 1, 2 and 3

One Day At Disney — Episode 118 — "Patti Murin: Frozen Musical, Broadway"

Shop Class — Episode 106 — "Downhill Derby"

Sonny with a Chance — Seasons 1, 2 and 3

Star Wars: The Clone Wars — Episode 707 — "Dangerous Debt"

April 10

Be Our Chef — Episode 103 — "Hidden Within"

A Celebration of the Music from Coco

Disney Family Sundays — Episode 119 — "Minnie Mouse: Kite"

Life Below Zero

One Day At Disney — Episode 119 — "Francheska Roman: Candy Maker"

Paradise Island — Season 1

Playtime with Puppy Dog Pals — Season 1

Running Wild with Bear Grylls — Season 5

Shop Class — Episode 107 — "Ready for Launch"

Star Wars: The Clone Wars — Episode 708 — "Together Again"

Tut's Treasures: Hidden Secrets — Season 1

April 12

PJ Masks — Season 3

April 17

Pluto's Purchase

Be Our Chef — Episode 104 — "Curiouser and Curiouser"

Brain Games — Season 8

Disney Family Sundays — Episode 124 — "Finding Nemo: Terrarium"

The Incredible Dr. Pol – Season 16

Let's Stick Together Mickey and the Roadster Racers: Nutty Tales — Season 1 and 2

One Day At Disney — Episode 120 — "Steve Sligh: Gold Oak Ranch Manager"

Shop Class — Episode 108 — "Build Your Own Adventure"

Star Wars: The Clone Wars — Episode 709 — "Old Friends Not Forgotten"

April 19

Just Roll with It —Season 1

April 20

Secrets of the Zoo: Tampa — Season 1

April 22

Fury Files

Jane Goodall: The Hope

April 23

Disney Rapunzel's Tangled Adventure — Season 3