Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Man I'm getting so sick of Star Wars. So much of it's fan base and the discussion around the franchise has just become utterly exhausting.

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
imagine being a tier 2 fan

you're clearly better than the pleb tier 1s who put up with shit like the ark of the covenant in Galaxy's Edge

yet you haven't reached the hallowed grounds of tier 3, and it may forever be out of reach

CKOHLER

Oct 25, 2017
I hate Star Wars but I love this about the franchise. They make these giant retcons to explain away the most meaningless things.

Like, they go into all this detail to explain away why Darth Vader looks like a guy bumbling around in a cheap costume and even have part numbers for specific contraptions on the costume but they never bothered to give Yoda's species a name. The priorities of this universe.

Reminds me of this (more tongue-in-cheek, but still...)

Slime

Oct 25, 2017
What about the human beings from planet Earth doing the complaining? Where do they fall into the Star Wars canon

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker |TIER 3 FAN SPOILER THREAD| Post TLJ Dissertations for TROS Discussion Approval

J-Skee

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
I mean... if that's case, they should be complaining that there shouldn't be a theme park at all & the Millennium Falcon shouldn't be parked on a planet called Earth.

Chibs

Nov 5, 2017
Belgium
Can you imagine going to Disneyworld, visit Galaxy's Edge, go up to one of the shopkeepers and complain to remove the Ark of the Covenant?

NO FUN ALLOWED!

Also, aren't there more references to Indiana Jones spread throughout Star Wars? And vice versa? I actually liked it, they're both Lucasfilm properties anyways, let them have some fun with it.

Droidian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Dec 28, 2017
Stupidest people ever whoever protested this.
As a star wars fan I thought that was one of the coolest things to see at Galaxys edge especially as a tribute to Lucas and Spielberg who've worked together in the past.

The only reason I'm not too upset is that unless you're 6ft tall or more you could hardly notice it.

hydro94530

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Bay Area
Are those two pictures from Temple of Doom and Raiders real? If so that's dope because I never knew that! And yeah makes these fans look even more stupid.

Oct 25, 2017
Isn't it funny how "tier 3 fans" know so little about what it is they seem to fanboy over? Indiana Jones references have existed in Star Wars for a long long time.
Yeah, and it's such a nothing reference to flip out about. It'd be like people complaining about the Millennium Falcon or R2 reference in the Star Trek films.

n00bs7ay3r

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Aug 21, 2018
Disney didn't ruin Star Wars, Star Wars "fans" ruined Star Wars.
Disney doesn't have to listen to those "fans". Disney constantly reacting to fan complaints in order to make Star Wars the least offensive thing it can be ruined Star Wars. See next week when they retcon everything people complained about in the Last Jedi.

Burly

Oct 25, 2017
I feel for the poor Galaxy's Edge attendant who had to explain to their boss that some weirdo just came up to them and complained that a box shouldn't be there because it's not respecting the lore or whatever.

CKOHLER

Oct 25, 2017
Hj5S7Rd.jpg

Geek

Nov 8, 2017
i9nftkc.png

I'm skeptical of the reasoning in the OP but mainly just want to post more evidence that Star Wars definitely happens in the Indiana Jones universe

Oct 27, 2017
Back into the warehouse it goes
serveimage

Apparently now we know who Dok Ondar sold it to: "Top Men"

i9nftkc.png

I'm skeptical of the reasoning in the OP but mainly just want to post more evidence that Star Wars definitely happens in the Indiana Jones universe

And if those references are digitally removed from this movie, will these fans then go see the movie?

I feel like we're witnessing the death of the Easter Egg. Still, I saw a new movie this weekend that had the Wilhelm Scream in it, so all is not lost...yet.

mikeamizzle

Oct 25, 2017
This pisses me off.

The Easter eggs like that are what parks 'fans' really appreciate typically.

Some people just really don't get it. Like complaining that Buzz is under that orange cone in Cars Land.

I hate to be like this, but is it a Star Wars effect?

OP
OP
Ryan.

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
i9nftkc.png

I'm going to be a tier 3 fan with the "actually" type post and say that the crystal skull is actually referencing an old legends book about Han Solo:
han%2Blost.jpg

But I get your point

El Bombastico

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
As these the same morons that moaned about the restaurants putting the actual food names on the menu so people with allergies and stuff actually knew what they were eating? I get that Galaxy's Edge is supposed to be immersive but its still a fucking theme part, dudes...

Oct 27, 2017
Tier 4 fans be like "this place is still bullshit until high quality Star Wars cosplaying is required to enter, and you get literally arrested by stormtroopers for breaking character in any way."

Tier 5 be like "those aren't real lightsabers fuck you Savi you thieving charlatan bitch."

Geek

Nov 8, 2017
I'm going to be a tier 3 fan with the "actually" type post and say that the crystal skull is actually referencing an old legends book about Han Solo:
han%2Blost.jpg

But I get your point
I'm talking about the Raiders of the Lost Ark idol on Dryden's table there, but that's cool about the crystal skull

Fadaar

Nov 14, 2017
USA
Here I thought TLJ might be the worst bit of decision making in the Disney Star Wars era, but I think this might take the cake

Lord Error

Oct 27, 2017
Tier 3 Blade Runner fan here. Yesterday I've learned that one of the buildings in Blade Runner is actually a crash-landed Millennium Falcon. I demand either a plausible in-universe explanation for this, or a removal of said building from any home releases of the movie. Please notify me of the mailing address where I can send my BluRay copies of the movie to be replaced when the corrected ones are issued.

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
I bet those "tier 3 fans" would also complain if they sold E.T. dolls at Galaxy's Edge