• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

KeyBladerXIII

Dec 5, 2017
There's some characters that can pull off a racer jumpsuit (Goofy, Beast), and some that really can't (Jack).

Sarobi

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Disney: We have great ideas to utilize our IP's.
Also Disney: We're only looking to spend about a nickel on the whole thing.

spyroflame0487

One Winged Slayer
Nov 3, 2017
There's some characters that can pull off a racer jumpsuit (Goofy, Beast), and some that really can't (Jack).

It does however give us the question for the ages; how did Mike squeeze into this race suit?

latest

Symphony

Oct 27, 2017
The beta test played decently (although still far off the likes of Crash Team Racing, it was a bit lacking in depth), the issue was that it made so little use of the Disney IP that you could remove it and nothing would change. In particular every driver being stuck in bland racing overalls with pretty generic looking vehicles, it made the gacha element seem pointless because there was no interesting cosmetics in there to tempt anyone. As boring as it seems to actually play, Dreamlight Valley has the right idea in terms of fanservice.

BDrummer1606

Oct 27, 2017
I'm super excited for this. I've gotten so tired of playing Mario kart 8 for 10 years.

The closed beta was a lot of fun. The tracks and music were a definite highlight (Be our Guest looked awesome)

RGamer2009

Oct 28, 2017
I was looking this up yesterday wondering what happened to it. Great that we finally have a date for it, even if it is just Early Access.

Played the Beta last year, the game felt good, the tracks were quite fun, and the music was fire. Can't wait to see what they add to this moving forward. Im in. Hope Local Multi is online and not laggy, as that will make or break this game for me.

Scrappy-Fan92

Jan 14, 2021
It just occurred to me that the newest IP (in the film/TV space) to have playable characters is Pirates of the Caribbean. It makes me wonder if this game and Dreamlight Valley had to divvy up the non-Mickey Mouse Universe franchises to avoid redundancies, but that sounds more out-there than normal for Disney.

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
Damn, about time. The next to silence on the game since the beta was crazy. Glad it's finally releasing.

Ruck

Oct 25, 2017
Was pretty fun in the beta although the MTX stuff seemed like it could be pretty rough depending on how generous they are.

RM8

Oct 28, 2017
JP
I'm really looking forward to this, but I better brace for extreme F2P monetization.

Graven

Oct 30, 2018
Really enjoyed what i played back then.

My only complaint gameplaywise is that it feels a little slow when you are not turboing, i get that the game revolves around keep that turbo going, but, i still think they should up the base speed to some extent.

As long as they keep the MTX for purely cosmetic, im okay.

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017

Zafir

Oct 25, 2017
I played the beta before on PC and it seemed pretty fun. The monetisation seemed pretty dreadful though unless they changed it(which I doubt). The typical shard type structure taken from mobile games, where you need to get x amount of shards to get the full item/racer/kart but shards gotten are random. In many ways worse than normal gacha since at least that you only need to pull the char once, lol.

TheGummyBear

Jan 6, 2018
United Kingdom
This game's soundtrack is wild

View: https://youtu.be/jnh-G10WB3s

When I first heard that second track for Mount Olympus I was like:

twerking-thanos.gif

Soundtrack friggin SLAPS, but I'm cool waiting til it launches the freeway before jumping in.

View: https://youtu.be/368wV0dOzaM?list=PLCL1_L6k6aAraBygOAzlKikzEy-BQH6Jf

helluva-boss-helluva.gif

I dont know what I expected from a F2P Disney kart racer, but I certainly didn't expect a soundtrack slapping this much.

Hope they get around to putting this soundtrack up on Spotify so I can add it to my rotation.