• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Jiraiya

Oct 27, 2017
It's a deflection at best. If it makes people feel better to cast this as a "lesser of two evils" situation so that they can absolve any guilt about being hyped for potential MCU crossovers, that's cool I guess. But the "lesser of two evils" is still not good.

Y'all keep saying it's no good and can't offer any alternative. Because there isn't any. Going after people who express joy because of superhero business is weird. We didn't do this and I'm not sure how we could've stopped the owners from selling their properties.

BriGuy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Wonder how long it will take them to turn a profit on that investment. Phrased another way, I wonder how much more everything from Hulu to a trip to Disney World is going to cost soon.

Delusibeta

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Wasn't splitting off Fox Sports and Fox News always the plan? Can't see how this requirement of selling off these regional sports networks would be much different, especially if said networks were already Fox Sports branded.

hibikase

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I thought it was already established from day one that Disney wouldn't buy Fox News and Fox Sports?

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
It's finally official!

simpsonsdisney.jpg

los-simpson-disney-fox.jpg

Imperfected

Nov 9, 2017
Christ almighty I cannot roll my eyes any harder
Even in Cyberpunk fiction, the big scary mega corps are like military/security/science-research/biomedical types; never mass entertainment guys

That's mostly because most cyberpunk was written in the 80's, when manufacturing giants (and the Japanese) still seemed fit to dominate the world.

Modern transhumanist stuff (or cyberpunk that's actually tried to remain "current", like Shadowrun) actually does tend to have terrifying media and telecomm giants.

Aftermath

Oct 27, 2017
Well 11 X-Men films by Fox was not bad, those don't get taken away you can still watch those

Now it's Disnacorps turn to add them to the MCU

How long exactly until this deal is officially official and they can finally say they own the rights to X-Men and FF?

ZattMurdock

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Earth 616
Why swift over the Warner deal?

No, Brian is saying that the Disney/21CF deal will be approved fast, opposite to AT&T/TW. I'm seeing movements from the Comcast front saying that they are seeking approval from the DOJ as well:

The problem is that like the SEC informed us and Fox shareholders yesterday, Goldman Sachs analyzed Disney - Fox / Comcast hostile bid and see antitrust hurdles that they don't see with Disney - Fox. The idea I'm getting is that Comcast is leaving this kicking and screaming, but Disney got this. I don't think people understand, the DOJ would rightfully oppose CMCSA because AT&T / TW deal is significantly different than CMCSA trying to take over 21CF: it'd be a vertical AND horizontal merger and the reasonings why that would be problematic with the DOJ are well expressed in the SEC.

Basically, get fucked Comcast. And people thinking that Comcast can now bid for Sony don't understand that this would be problematic as well, for the same reasoning: vertical and horizontal merger, unlike either Disney/21CF (horizontal) or AT&T/TW (vertical).

Aftermath

Oct 27, 2017
Christ almighty I cannot roll my eyes any harder
Even in Cyberpunk fiction, the big scary mega corps are like military/security/science-research/biomedical types; never mass entertainment guys

Like Atari in Bladerunner I guess where you'd just see the big mouse ears as advertisements, not actually threatening people.

Nirolak

Oct 25, 2017
Well 11 X-Men films by Fox was not bad, those don't get taken away you can still watch those

Now it's Disnacorps turn to add them to the MCU

How long exactly until this deal is officially official and they can finally say they own the rights to X-Men and FF?
They want to get it done by this time next year.

Netherscourge

Oct 25, 2017
Deadpool vs. Iron Man

I don't even need a battle. I just want them to sit at a table together and talk about sex and robots.

SmokingBun

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Spidey x Deadpool crossover will win you over

I can just imagine Ryan stroking Tom's face and being all, "Shh little bird! Mommy will protect you!"
And Tom is all, "I need an adult."

Deadpool vs. Iron Man

I don't even need a battle. I just want them to sit at a table together and talk about sex and robots.

A running joke could be Deadpool breaking into other heroes houses and doing a cameo

Chaos Legion

The Wise Ones
Oct 30, 2017
Basically, get fucked Comcast. And people thinking that Comcast can now bid for Sony don't understand that this would be problematic as well, for the same reasoning: vertical and horizontal merger, unlike either Disney/21CF (horizontal) or AT&T/TW (vertical).
...they bought Dreamworks.

They could buy Sony with little regulatory issues. Sony has no broadcasting networks (domestic), no regional sport networks (domestic) or anything that would constitute anti-trust violations if added to NBCUniversal

WastemanLoso

Apr 16, 2018
D.C
No, Brian is saying that the Disney/21CF deal will be approved fast, opposite to AT&T/TW. I'm seeing movements from the Comcast front saying that they are seeking approval from the DOJ as well:

The problem is that like the SEC informed us and Fox shareholders yesterday, Goldman Sachs analyzed Disney - Fox / Comcast hostile bid and see antitrust hurdles that they don't see with Disney - Fox. The idea I'm getting is that Comcast is leaving this kicking and screaming, but Disney got this. I don't think people understand, the DOJ would rightfully oppose CMCSA because AT&T / TW deal is significantly different than CMCSA trying to take over 21CF: it'd be a vertical AND horizontal merger and the reasonings why that would be problematic with the DOJ are well expressed in the SEC.

Can the DOJ appeal Comcast offer?

VeryHighlander

The Fallen
May 9, 2018
Seems like people are still under the assumption Disney is paying $71B for mcu assets.

Corporations shouldn't be allowed to reach this point