• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017
432dc008-42eb-47a6-8577-50bb040a4dc8
JXkN56V.jpg

Nomura artwork for Noctis

Valcrist

Tic-Tac-Toe Champion
Oct 25, 2017
As of now this is the first game in the FF series I'm not buying at launch since... well, I didn't buy FFXI. So I guess since XI? It feels really weird to me. I'm so used to just grabbing them all right away!

TreIII

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, MD
Terra/Tina with green hair alts was something I'd hope be ready before release. All the other alts/palette swaps look great, too!

stn

Oct 28, 2017
When is this supposed to release? Not an FF guy at all but I had good times with Dissidia 012.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
When is this supposed to release? Not an FF guy at all but I had good times with Dissidia 012.
Same but this feel like it is nothing comparable to the first 2 games.
No leveling, no crafting, no customizations, no unique battle quote depending on the opponent, no more overworld nor grib based solo campaign, focus on 3 vs 3, limited moveset since you don't learn new skills.
Everything that made those games awesome was thrown out of the window.

OP
OP
Caim

Caim

Oct 25, 2017
Same but this feel like it is nothing comparable to the first 2 games.
No leveling, no crafting, no customizations, no unique battle quote depending on the opponent, no more overworld nor grib based solo campaign, focus on 3 vs 3, limited moveset since you don't learn new skills.
Everything that made those games awesome was thrown out of the window.

You still level up, but you only learn new HP attacks, and the rest is voice lines, costumes, and colors.

There are also weapons, but that is purely cosmetic.

Still very different from the PSP games though.

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
*Reads "alternate character costumes" and gets excited.

*Looks for the superior Punished Noctis outfit.

Argh! They were SO close! But it's only younger Noctis with the king outfit. Sigh...maybe some day.

Also Cecil and Golbez better be freaking getting their After Years looks too if Kain has his. I want King Cecil and Unmasked Golbez.

Music was pretty cool but the APOCALYPSIS NOCTIS remix sounds off to me.

Nice we have Nomura art for Noctis!

Last edited:

Noctis

Oct 25, 2017
New York City
My boy. Why wouldn't Noctis be in KH3? Nomura is gonna put Noctis in there some way.
During a poll that was conducted Noctis came out #1, Nomura implied that the story was written already so there wasn't space to include requested characters for KH3. The poll seem to gather which characters people want to see for future entries.

https://www.khinsider.com/news/Nomura-s-comments-on-Famitsu-KH15-anniversary-survey-results-9059

1. FFXV protagonist, Noctis (236 votes)
  2. FFXIII protagonist, Lightning (201 votes)
  3. FFIX protagonist, Zidane (81 votes)
  4. Chocobos (30 votes)
  5. FFV protagonist, Bartz (22 votes)

ED Cantu

Oct 28, 2017
Ugh I really want this game but at the same time I still don't like the 3 vs. 3 players matches (it looks too confusing), hopefully they will later reconsider and add a 1 vs. 1 mode or something.

Noctis looks great and fun to play, maybe I'll play with him if/when i buy the game, also seeing new artwork for Noctis made by Nomura is awesome.

AnansiThePersona

Started a revolution but the mic was unplugged
Oct 27, 2017
Has Yuna been confirmed yet?

EDIT: I also totally didn't know the Lost Time Zone from FF8 was the same as the flower field Rinoa was in in the opening cutscene.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Really bummed that his alt is Baby King Noctis, but his gameplay looks awesome. If I end up picking it up going to try maining him.

Edit: Really like the FF15 remixes. The Dissidia remixes have been hit or miss, but I think most of these are fine.

Nov 3, 2017
God I can't wait for this

Just really hope the netcode is solid. Gundam Versus was unplayable for me since I'm saddled with bullshit Australian Internet

Wazzy

Oct 25, 2017
At first I was about to say they are so damn lazy with the VIII stage just being the time compression void but then it switches to the feather field and now I'm so excited. That alternate white colouring for the SeeD uniform looks great too.

Now just give me a Squall alternate costume that is his original VIII look please and thank you.

Dice

Oct 25, 2017
Canada

Definitely prefer his final outfit, it's more contemporary and matches the earth-like fantasy XV had going. This is basically the usual SuperCool Zipup Gear™ that Nomura draws half the time. ;/

Anyways, great Dissidia news, but I do hope we can move onto the second wave of non-leads. :)

Gemeanie

Oct 27, 2017
SEA
I feel bad for Nomura having to draw not-his-son-anymore but then best Noctis is Old Noctis.

After TK7 reveal this doesn't hype me up as much , perhaps because I'm still not feeling the 3v3 flying battle

Socivol

Oct 25, 2017
That artwork of Noctis looks so off compared to how he looked in his own game which is odd since it's drawn by his original creator. Did they update his design after Nomura left the project?