TheMink

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Connecticut
I got extraordinarily lucky on Arciela, first 20 tickets got the LD. I think I'm going to use gems on Ceo as well, if only because pulling with tickets for a full kit will take an eternity. I will probably ticket P Cecils first banner because I still haven't used my burst tokens so I may try and save gems to use the tokens on P Cecil. It's so awkward I wish you could just horde burst tokens then use it when you need to instead of the first 80 days 😂

ohkay

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Would pulling for arciela right now to stock up on healers for transcendence be a good idea? 🤔

CountBlack

Oct 26, 2017
Got lucky on Arciela and got her LD on my 2nd ticket. I feel like its justice for spending like 500 tickets on OK/Hope/Vincent/Jack and not getting jackshit

Oct 25, 2017
So is the level 200 Lufenia?

I got decently far and then these orbs showed up and a few dozen turns later my team exploded.

Neat.

So those of us (uhh me) with growing rosters when Pecil comes around...given that I effectively need his entire kit aside from his 15cp, the idea is to:

Pull on his "main" banner to get as much of his kit, and dupes as possible but NOT his BT.
Pull on another banner for more characters and try to pity the BT on that banner.

Of course in order to earn the most amount of pity coins, the ideal situation would be to what, ticket his kit and gem his BT?

Never thought I'd play a gacha where there are so many avenues and currency to get what you need lol

Naar

Oct 29, 2017

I got decently far and then these orbs showed up and a few dozen turns later my team exploded.

Neat.

So those of us (uhh me) with growing rosters when Pecil comes around...given that I effectively need his entire kit aside from his 15cp, the idea is to:

Pull on his "main" banner to get as much of his kit, and dupes as possible but NOT his BT.
Pull on another banner for more characters and try to pity the BT on that banner.

Of course in order to earn the most amount of pity coins, the ideal situation would be to what, ticket his kit and gem his BT?

Never thought I'd play a gacha where there are so many avenues and currency to get what you need lol

200 is lufenia, yes

The general idea is if you plan to pull on all banners is to get his LD on the initial banner and then go for the BT in the upcoming banners featured with other units

So for example for cecil you would ideally do this

Pull his LD (and full kit in initial banner) and then stop
Try to get cecil BT on Keiss or Trancendence Banners

This way you can spread your resources on 2 banners and get more bang for your buck

I personally will go for his BT on either Keiss or Trancendence banners since I have nothing for Keiss

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.

Neat.

Since you're trying the lufenia's now I'll elaborate on their main mechanic... the Orbs.

Long story short, either at the start of the fight, or for a period of time between certain hp values, Lufenia bosses will have special orbs show up above their health. These will count down with a number either every turn taken, or in some other situation depending on the requirements shown when you check the monster in fight or before the fight.

When they hit zero, they destroy your party with no way to prevent it, so you don't want that.

However, if you meet the requirements they ask for, such as dealing a certain element's damage, or remove buffs, or whatever it says, you can slow it down by stopping the count or even add a bunch of ticks to it, again depending on the requirements.

Lufenias are not only hard because they jack up the tough mechanics, but watching out for and dealing with the orb is very important. I would highly recommend bringing a character the lufenia fight specifically requires for the firsr few you do, as you will likely have them from pulling on their banner, and they'll be best equipped to counter the orb.

Later, you can get away with using calls, friend summons and other Shennanigans to overcome these mechanics without pulling or using the headliner for their fight!

So yeah, make sure your team is fully maxed out and you can counter the mechanics, bring a good support friend to help make the difference in the fight, and believe in yourself! If you can't handle it now, don't worry, just try to do more chaos content and other stuff first and try some of the earlier Lufenias through the Lost Chapters thar started featuring them, if you can handle their orb conditions.

Otherwise, not a huge deal if you can't do them for a while, take your time and you'll be ready eventually!

Oct 25, 2017
200 is lufenia, yes

The general idea is if you plan to pull on all banners is to get his LD on the initial banner and then go for the BT in the upcoming banners featured with other units

So for example for cecil you would ideally do this

Pull his LD (and full kit in initial banner) and then stop
Try to get cecil BT on Keiss or Trancendence Banners

This way you can spread your resources on 2 banners and get more bang for your buck

I personally will go for his BT on either Keiss or Trancendence banners since I have nothing for Keiss

Does the spread of tickets versus gems matter all that much? I'm hoping Ceodore doesn't completely murder my supply but I'm going all in on him, need his cleans and more DPS.

And as for the other banners, Keiss seems the winner though I wonder if Kamlanut whatever is worth a look.
Since you're trying the lufenia's now I'll elaborate on their main mechanic... the Orbs.

Long story short, either at the start of the fight, or for a period of time between certain hp values, Lufenia bosses will have special orbs show up above their health. These will count down with a number either every turn taken, or in some other situation depending on the requirements shown when you check the monster in fight or before the fight.

When they hit zero, they destroy your party with no way to prevent it, so you don't want that.

However, if you meet the requirements they ask for, such as dealing a certain element's damage, or remove buffs, or whatever it says, you can slow it down by stopping the count or even add a bunch of ticks to it, again depending on the requirements.

Lufenias are not only hard because they jack up the tough mechanics, but watching out for and dealing with the orb is very important. I would highly recommend bringing a character the lufenia fight specifically requires for the firsr few you do, as you will likely have them from pulling on their banner, and they'll be best equipped to counter the orb.

Later, you can get away with using calls, friend summons and other Shennanigans to overcome these mechanics without pulling or using the headliner for their fight!

So yeah, make sure your team is fully maxed out and you can counter the mechanics, bring a good support friend to help make the difference in the fight, and believe in yourself! If you can't handle it now, don't worry, just try to do more chaos content and other stuff first and try some of the earlier Lufenias through the Lost Chapters thar started featuring them, if you can handle their orb conditions.

Otherwise, not a huge deal if you can't do them for a while, take your time and you'll be ready eventually!

I was wonderring!!! Thanks for the explanation!

Well it seems what I need to focus on is filling in my gaps in utility!

I don't have any cleanse at the moment, part of the reason I want Ceo so badly lol
I don't have what seems to be termed as an "Actual" healer.
Don't have a debuffer in the vein of Kefka or Arciela.
Very little melee damage, OK being my unit of note in that regard.

A process in work...

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Does the spread of tickets versus gems matter all that much? I'm hoping Ceodore doesn't completely murder my supply but I'm going all in on him, need his cleans and more DPS.

And as for the other banners, Keiss seems the winner though I wonder if Kamlanut whatever is worth a look.

I was wonderring!!! Thanks for the explanation!

Well it seems what I need to focus on is filling in my gaps in utility!

I don't have any cleanse at the moment, part of the reason I want Ceo so badly lol
I don't have what seems to be termed as an "Actual" healer.
Don't have a debuffer in the vein of Kefka or Arciela.
Very little melee damage, OK being my unit of note in that regard.

A process in work...
Thankfully Arciela is an "Actual healer" since her S1 Acension is a 40% heal and her EX also does a smaller 20% heal. She's not only a great speed debuffer, but she also dispells all enemy buffs with one of her skills too.

Arciela covers a lot of ground as a support, which is the polar opposite of Keiss who covers the same ground so hard that he enables immense bullshit through his presence alone, which is what makes them both so good : D

Ticket them both if possible, and gem the BT or LD on Cecil's banner so you can hopefully max out his weapons in the process. If you stop at LD or LD pity, consider saving 125,000 gems for Emperor half a month after, and try to farm those Summon Boards or clear those Story/Lost chapters while watching a fun movie or something on the side so you can ticket the crap out of these lovely characters.

Once you got those two supports, and probably also Ceodore for his helpful stuff, they'll really be useful for a long ass time!

Edit: oh and to answer your first question more directly, gems matter to use as much as you are willing to save up a certain amount for MUST have characters. Generally you'll wanna rely on tickets to do most of your pulls but it's totally fine to do gem pulls occasionally too, so long as you recognize just how many your "floor" has to be for like the next two months.

I'm sounding specific, but it's as simple as having a plan (pity Emperor BT) and sticking to it (don't go lower then maybe 75,000 gems for an LD pity before he comes out)

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Thankfully Arciela is an "Actual healer" since her S1 Acension is a 40% heal and her EX also does a smaller 20% heal. She's not only a great speed debuffer, but she also dispells all enemy buffs with one of her skills too.

Arciela covers a lot of ground as a support, which is the polar opposite of Keiss who covers the same ground so hard that he enables immense bullshit through his presence alone, which is what makes them both so good : D

Ticket them both if possible, and gem the BT or LD on Cecil's banner so you can hopefully max out his weapons in the process. If you stop at LD or LD pity, consider saving 125,000 gems for Emperor half a month after, and try to farm those Summon Boards or clear those Story/Lost chapters while watching a fun movie or something on the side so you can ticket the crap out of these lovely characters.

Once you got those two supports, and probably also Ceodore for his helpful stuff, they'll really be useful for a long ass time!

Crap lol I didn't factor in going after Arciela lol I guess the "problem" is I would need to ticket her whole kit right? Hell, more than just her kit, MLB most of it lol

Yeah I'm hoping I have a touch of luck with Cecil seeing as I have to then pull the Emperors entire friggin kit half a month a way and not doing so...is not an option!

Naar

Oct 29, 2017
I just redid arci lufenia and replaced Gau with Rude so I had baltheir, rude, ramza and did it in 10 less turns than before. I have no idea why I went to gau on my initial try lol. I think it's because I used gau in the previous fight and he was on my mind.

Still can't believe Arci dispel is bad to use in her own lufenia :(

I just thought of another composition that might work. Reno, Beatrix, Krile :D gonna go test that out

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Next fight, Arciela will be synergy but the bosses are going to have HP attack disable immunity, poor girl can't catch aa break.
I also remember those knights having debuff immunity at some point in the fight while Gabranth was synergy, as well.

TheMink

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Connecticut
I just redid arci lufenia and replaced Gau with Rude so I had baltheir, rude, ramza and did it in 10 less turns than before. I have no idea why I went to gau on my initial try lol. I think it's because I used gau in the previous fight and he was on my mind.

Still can't believe Arci dispel is bad to use in her own lufenia :(

I just thought of another composition that might work. Reno, Beatrix, Krile :D gonna go test that out
LOL I was confused by that choice I wasn't going to say anything. 😂

NemesisTheory

One Winged Slayer
Jun 15, 2019
Netherlands
Considering I haven't even finished Act 1, yes, an absolute eternity lol Least we have time!

So when do people spend EX tokens? Like if you get absolutely everything BUT the Ex at some point?

Yeah that's what I've been doing. For instance I picked up Gau's LD and had his 15 & 35 cp maxed for a while so I'm gonna hit those chocoboards and just grab his EX.

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah that's what I've been doing. For instance I picked up Gau's LD and had his 15 & 35 cp maxed for a while so I'm gonna hit those chocoboards and just grab his EX.

If only I had them when I was pulling for Ulti! Have around 20 of them now so we'll see how Ceo/Keiss/Pecil go.

Like many things in this game I guess its never black and white. For me who still needs dupes of 15/35 weapons just nuking an EX with tokens limits the potential of MLBing other weapons and/or more powerstones.

NemesisTheory

One Winged Slayer
Jun 15, 2019
Netherlands
Like many things in this game I guess its never black and white. For me who still needs dupes of 15/35 weapons just nuking an EX with tokens limits the potential of MLBing other weapons and/or more powerstones.

Once you put a few months into this game the whole powerstone thing becomes a lot easier to manage. You have to be really picky for now but I've got about ~120 stored at the moment and I know for certain others here have much, much more. So after a while you won't have to worry about duping 15 or 35's anymore. One will be enough and at that point you might have a bunch of power tokens left over too incase you miss it entirely during the banner. :)

Just don't forget to sell the 15/35/LD's to get 4 of the powerstones back. I'm sure you know this already but to be sure, you can safely sell an EX+ weapon if you have that characters' BT since that weapon has better stats and higher CP.

Jux

Oct 27, 2017
Paris
A little more than a year playing for me. 400+ power stones.
It can also be a measure of how lucky/unlucky you are ><

Septimus Prime

EA
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I'm at just about a year of playing now (time flies!), and I have about 300 power stones. I used to complain about not having any all the time, too.

Oct 25, 2017
You bitches ; ;

I do a god damn rain dance every time I have four! Also a measure of how much one pulls I suppose which we all know I have absolutely no neurosis about >.>
Once you put a few months into this game the whole powerstone thing becomes a lot easier to manage. You have to be really picky for now but I've got about ~120 stored at the moment and I know for certain others here have much, much more. So after a while you won't have to worry about duping 15 or 35's anymore. One will be enough and at that point you might have a bunch of power tokens left over too incase you miss it entirely during the banner. :)

Just don't forget to sell the 15/35/LD's to get 4 of the powerstones back. I'm sure you know this already but to be sure, you can safely sell an EX+ weapon if you have that characters' BT since that weapon has better stats and higher CP.

This day cannot come soon enough!!

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
And I'm back at 0 ticket again, couldn't get Arciela's LD. Now I need Divine Ramuh to stock up.
I was always planning to use gems for Ceodore and Cecil anyway.

TheMink

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Connecticut
You guys made me check and I have 665 power stones. What do I win ?:D

You should have said something lol. I legit have no idea why I did that lmao

You know I always assume you know something I don't 😂

My thinking with OK Hope and Balthier was that I was planning on delaying hard at 50% but you want to mitigate damage a little before then. I tried zero* healing or mitigation with OK Ramza and Balthier with only calls and it was a little bit too tight. Doable but pointless.
Hope is surprisingly good I was not expecting to use him on 3 Lufenias. He is very very good with OK because of the double imperil and the free AAs.

Oct 25, 2017
The "Should you pull" videos for Ceodore are starting to come out...its almost time!!

Also, Faris' design in this game is friggin amazing!

Last edited:

Septimus Prime

EA
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Medusas down.

screenshot_20210306-2uhjnv.png

Now for those mantises.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Next Lufenia orb condition is reverse of the last one, it's remove a debuff from your party to increase the count.

TheMink

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Connecticut
Hmmmm. I dont have those specific LD calls but my OK and Hope are identical. What are the orbs for the medusas?

Orb is a non factor if you have OK, its Ice damage. The hard part is keeping your bravery topped off. Gau is good because he can get you out of sticky situation. If you get broken by Gaze you get petrified which is the same as dying.

So you essentially need a unit to help you not get broken. I could do a run with Arci for you, that might be decent.

Naar

Oct 29, 2017
Ceo's looking sexy. Too bad he is out during the period where I don't plan to pull. Unless his free pull gets me his LD, I won't go for him.

I'm pulling on the next 4 banners though

Naar

Oct 29, 2017
Orb is a non factor if you have OK, its Ice damage. The hard part is keeping your bravery topped off. Gau is good because he can get you out of sticky situation. If you get broken by Gaze you get petrified which is the same as dying.

But he has Aphmau which has debuff immunity >.>

Oct 25, 2017

Interesting.

Ceo's looking sexy. Too bad he is out during the period where I don't plan to pull. Unless his free pull gets me his LD, I won't go for him.

Any specific reason youre not pulling? Its the holy thing huh?

FIRST OF ALL XD

Naar

Oct 29, 2017
Any specific reason youre not pulling? Its the holy thing huh?

No

I just space out my pulls. Last year I went like 3 months without pulling new LD units. I have a very large roster and as long as I update it every now and then it will get me by content just fine

EDIT: its because of the holy thing.....no its not i just wanted to mess with minky <3

Septimus Prime

EA
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I think Arciela would be really good for the Medusas, actually. They aren't immune to HP Disable, so that stops them from doing anything, and her LD is no slouch in terms of damage, either. I don't know that Hope would be her best pairing there, though, but his LD should help her out, at least.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
tenor.gif

But seriously, I'm very happy we're all having a good time, and thar Aphmau was a great ivestment for her powerful niche.

I'm certain we've all learned an important lesson... that I have the best videogame advice, and I am essentially a sage of great renown : P

Seriously though, best of luck with it, I know if you try your best and make use of EVERY avalible advantage (friend unit that has BT, making good use of all your skills, time your moves and short buffs so you get the most out of them, hold down on a skill to see where that character's turn will end up after using it), you'll nail it for sure!

Just in case though, probably a good idea to make sure the three characters you'll use have all or most of their summon boards, just in case : P

TheMink

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Connecticut
Yeah, I think Arciela would be really good for the Medusas, actually. They aren't immune to HP Disable, so that stops them from doing anything, and her LD is no slouch in terms of damage, either. I don't know that Hope would be her best pairing there, though, but his LD should help her out, at least.
I'm doing it right now and it takes a massive dump on that fight. OK Hope and Arciela for that fight is insane.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017

The problem is that Squall rework + Paladin Cecil combo is going to overshadow almost everything in 2 weeks (and then bosses will start getting immune to Holy haha)
If I miraculously get OK's BT before Ceodore's LD, I'm stopping there.

TheMink

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Connecticut
They were locked into Gaze for the entire fight and were never able to move.
67-A3-C1-C6-208-C-4-D40-BCA4-C0-FFE27-FA4-DC.png

I still had all 5 of both Arcielas abilities because of the free AA. Bassically I could have done another couple million damage before they would have been able to move.