• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Addie

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
DFW
Free Lenna BT and Noct FR, so I fished for her FR with tickets on Noct's banner. Got his BT quickly, along with 2 more FRs and Lenna's FR in about 80 tickers.

Just bonkers good luck here. I'm FF5-complete except for Dorgann's BT, which I almost want to just token.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
That's a longass maintenance, still 2h30 left iirc (and I blame EC)
And I just wanted to quickly do my mission quests, haha.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
I had to pity Jihl Nabaat's BT last week but it was so worth it. Woman is a complete monster! I'm also enjoying her role in the story. Looks like they might do something with her instead of shaft her like they did in FFXIII. It's probably one of the most stupid moments ever in FF because her death just happens when she was getting good. Also, her design is complete fire and she should have been the main villain.

I also did get Weiss's BT but not his FR. His BT was on a free pull though. Didn't have enough tickets for his FR so I dont know when I can get it again.

As for me... I am thinking of going for Kelger as anyone says he's really amazing but I dont really like any upcoming character. Honestly cant complain as I have everything I wanted atm. I can also token another BT so I'm thinking Kelger or Lenna.

Now that Ever Crisis is out I wont be surprised if we get a first soldier character in here or young Sephiroth, lol.

I gotta say i'm really enjoying season 4 story of DFFOO though. The callbacks and love they put into some of these cutscenes is amazing and I know it's mostly always been like that but now that they constantly mention how this is taking place after every FF game it's pretty cool cause even if not canon I love how every character is connecting with eachother and it is making me imagine scenarios. The story just has gotten a ton better ever since season 3 ended. I didn't really think act 3 was anything special until near the end so i'm happy about that. Intersecting Wills especially are REALLY GOOD.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Josh said on stream there will be something exciting announced on the 28th of September on the DFFOO twitter. My guess is the game is merging with JPN. I'm not getting my hopes up for Rikku as he said nobody guessed what this is yet.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah there have been a lot of people saying that and honestly I wouldn't mind, 8/9 months difference is way too huge when you already know what will happen lmao, I just hope the transition will be smooth and not like WotV, since we would be missing tons of the limited ressources.
I'm already crying for EP as we get FR 50 way too early.

Still could be something else like maybe the first ever collab?

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
When you got 10k EP, a new character drop with FE50 meaning you need like 30k pts to max him, it is pain T-T
Though I did read some event will have 50k EP to buy in them, I need it !!

Edit : well, first free 10+1 ticket, game knows I'm struggling for ressources.

img_1735m0d42.png

Btw I was wrong, it's 38k EP to max a new character.

Last edited:

Naar

Oct 29, 2017
Shame I have to do multiple posts in a row because the thread is dead, but new news so here it is.
Xezat is finally coming, the Warriors of Dawn are all together now !

That happened to me a few times in the past lol. I have no interest in posting about my pull luck or whatever.

I am more interested in talking about how to play the game. But the game is so easy now and powercrept, that a challenge is a very rare thing, which makes talking about the game less relevant

And then of course you have stuff that is over tuned so bad, it makes you wanna rage.

That being said, I am very impressed with Selhteus. He is extremely powerful and his gold debuff is amazing and works well with trap teams

CountBlack

Oct 26, 2017
I still play daily but don't have much to talk about in here lol.

I got Selhteus' FR but don't know much about the character so I might only token the BT if he needs it

Naar

Oct 29, 2017
I still play daily but don't have much to talk about in here lol.

I got Selhteus' FR but don't know much about the character so I might only token the BT if he needs it

His BT is amazing. It gives a gold debuff that paralyzes enemies for 8 turns and an HP poison that is 1% of the bosses total HP

It also gives him an HP+ with 11 dumps that has full aoe damage

all this and he is supposed to be a support LOL

Naar

Oct 29, 2017
I hope it will be something nice, but I doubt it will be a gl first unit or something like that.

It felt like it was supposed to be an announcement of an announcement

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium

Calliope

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Detroit, MI
I still play daily too and check this thread, but I mostly yap about this game (and other FF gachas) in the FF discord. I'll likely stick with this until end of service but I've definitely soured on some aspects of this game (and wouldn't recommend it to anyone tbh).

It's still fun and charming at times though. Kelgar is such a cutie, I've been having a lot of fun with him lately.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Omg he's doing the Louisoix sealing spell as BT finish (on Shinryu no less), how many characters just die in their BT like Sherlotta.
Also I kinda expected some FF XIV, FFBE just got Alphinaud as well. It takes ages but eventually we get there. Bodes well for FF XVI lmao

I have all casters job maxed in XIV so I'll pull for sure, also to show support to the rare XIV units updates.

Last edited:

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
I think a merge is all but confirmed at this point?

Im so disappointed it's not Lyse… she needs all the love <3 and considering Papalymo is dead in FFXIV a long time ago I'm not very excited but he's a good Lala and I'll always remember him. That being said… the bt theme and effect go together so incredibly it warms my heart.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Looks like DFFOO only update "done" characters that won't get more update in XIV, hence JP already got Yda and now it's Papa's turn.
Guess Zenos had a chance now lol
It will be weird when it's Alphinaud's turn and he still get that book for FR/BT, even more when the job got many reworks.

Last edited:

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Just noticed that this is the 2nd FR that features Vivi again. Now with characters doubling up it will create a mess and potentially leave characters without a partner. This is a really odd choice if you ask me. I am now curious if Lyse will partner with Tifa in the future haha

Naar

Oct 29, 2017
This is so cool!

A new unit same time as GL and JP! Now it makes sense why they were speeding up us getting FE 50

I think this is a test, and if the feedback is good they will do more dual releases until maybe a merge happens!

I am mostly wondering how the power level is considering they have Re-Shinryu in JP and we don't. Will it be balanced or absolutely broken???

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
I REALLY wanted Enna Kros's BT despite not ever playing World of Final Fantasy cause her Intersecting Wills was so good. I did like 6-7 multi and nothing... threw 30 tickets and bam got the BT just like that. Looking forward to doing the story chapters and maybe checking out S'eltheus's stuff this weekend. Enna Kros is a really interesting character and considering she's a god it's pretty cool that she can save the crystalized Materia and Spiritus... I'm intrigued of what will happen next.

Also it's great to see you excited about Xezat, Kourio. Haha even though FFV is not one I like it is always cool to see people liking their own characters. I say that and ticketpulled for Kelger.... and tokened his BT. Not going to lie he made Leviathan Spiritus way easier for me so glad he had a place in the roster. That fight must be a nightmare without him.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Ooooh yeah, 600M HP boss, that 1B HP cap is going to be crossed somewhat soon it looks like.
Thank god for the bonus HP damage retain.
But then you think about the future of this game and how the hell the devs are going to make level 100/next weapon tier work, Force Time basically put them in a corner and the answer is only more and more restrictions.

Naar

Oct 29, 2017
Ooooh yeah, 600M HP boss, that 1B HP cap is going to be crossed somewhat soon it looks like.
Thank god for the bonus HP damage retain.
But then you think about the future of this game and how the hell the devs are going to make level 100/next weapon tier work, Force Time basically put them in a corner and the answer is only more and more restrictions.

Sadly it won't. The next boss increase is 900m (sephiroth fight again), but that is around the time Yda comes out (3 months from now) and by then you have a bunch of units that can reach 1B damage

I know this because I have been looking up boss HP to see if they ever increase it, but it's mostly still the same outside a few fights.

Hell Xezat boss is like 400m hp 😥

Athleon

Oct 28, 2017
idk why they don't do more HP gates, conditional or not. It's pretty much the only mechanic that succeeded in making bosses harder to kill without ballooning HP. And now that retain is a thing it won't be as frustrating as before.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
So 2 new BT drops today, good luck...
I can't skip Fusoya sadly, haha. Just finished 6.5 in FF XIV and that was the end of the FF IV arc.
Oh yeah and EP cost, damn I'll have to trade hunt coins T-T

Edit : fucking hell with the double weapons banner, why do I keep getting fucked by them.
Double LD? Only dupes, Double FR? Dupes dupes dupes.
Double BT? Yeah I got 2 BT with tickets, both Aerith, game pls stop…

Yeah I'm not FE'ing Aerith, I'm out of EP, just had to spend 500 hunt tokens to max Fusoya and Papa and they draining FAST
Might have to skip several upcoming characters because I can't max them.

Edit 2 : Papa just did 3M damage with Umbral Ice, what?! 12 HP dumps !
And Fusoya BT theme is Zeromus's and XIV just gave us this amazing remix.
I'm sorry but Y'shtola talking about the moon and drawing power from Light and Darkness after XIV's 6.5 is just very funny.

Last edited:

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
I got everything for Selth'teus somehow and pulled his FR more than 6 times with tickets so I said screw it and went for the BT. Got it at near pity which sucks but is better than full pity. On the plus side, I was able to get a BT book with the 300 G tokens. FE 50 is incredibly expensive so should I focus on Selth'teus for FE 50 or someone else? I also maxed the twins FR on this banner so that is also really cool.

I might go for Papalymo after I get my resources back up again but he's not one of my favourite characters so i'm not sure. I already have so much selfish dps characters too like Astos and Jihl... do I really need more of that? Is he really worth the upgrade? I feel like Selth'teus was the best choice here.

I'm praying that Lyse gets a BT and FR in JPN soon. She's so behind.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
I might go for Papalymo after I get my resources back up again but he's not one of my favourite characters so i'm not sure. I already have so much selfish dps characters too like Astos and Jihl... do I really need more of that? Is he really worth the upgrade? I feel like Selth'teus was the best choice here.

I'm praying that Lyse gets a BT and FR in JPN soon. She's so behind.
Honestly if you get Selth'teus then yeah you can skip Papa, he's a bit more support oriented but you already have the long paralyze niche.

Naar

Oct 29, 2017
I decided I will not go for papalymo. I appreciate that they released a unit in JP and GL at the same time, but there is no difference between his GL and JP version (that can both be a good or bad thing depending on your perspective)

He does do good damage and his BT effect is a good one. But I really wanted to save my BT books (I now have 5 thankfully) I will pull the next GL/JP unit now that my resources are back up again

I don't know who I will pull for next

Addie

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
DFW
I don't even know who to use BT tokens on. Sehl'teus? I don't even think I'd use him, honestly.

Any event I can solo with Kelger, I usually just do that.

Pierogi Mage

One Winged Slayer
Dec 7, 2017
I spent all my tickets trying to get papalymos FR since i just want to token his BT, but instead i ended up with 4 aerith BT dupes(2 in the same ticket multi even) and now i have enough BT tokens for 2 weapons. Gahhhh

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Oh that was the very last 6 Warriors Quest apparently? JP still not has a 9th area, so RIP the dream of completing a 5th weapon lmao.
Unless they started to put Ultima cores elsewhere ?

Naar

Oct 29, 2017
Oh that was the very last 6 Warriors Quest apparently? JP still not has a 9th area, so RIP the dream of completing a 5th weapon lmao.
Unless they started to put Ultima cores elsewhere ?

I believe its in memorial battles now. I forgot if they gave extra crystal room points or cores, but they do give something extra

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Pulled Kadaj's Burst and FR on the freebie pulls. I assume he's worth building? I dont really like him but at this point i'm just greening any new pulls.

Wouldn't be surprised if the next big story boss is Neo Exdeath in a upcoming chapter. Now that all Dawn warriors are together i'm sure they will do that. I'm still waiting for a God Kefka Shinryu.

Naar

Oct 29, 2017
I am really tempted to max Deuce. I always pull the FR for summon units, but she has a nice phat HP cap up as well. The only reason I am debating getting her BT is because she is best used with magic units. She can still be a good support overall, just better with an all magic team

Also on Monday I will get my first crystal ability! 😁So excited!

Now just have to worry about going for blue, red, or yellow next

Pulled Kadaj's Burst and FR on the freebie pulls. I assume he's worth building? I dont really like him but at this point i'm just greening any new pulls.

Wouldn't be surprised if the next big story boss is Neo Exdeath in a upcoming chapter. Now that all Dawn warriors are together i'm sure they will do that. I'm still waiting for a God Kefka Shinryu.

Of course he is good. Almost any updated unit will be a great unit besides someone like Rikku. I did a 500m phase with him and he does a great job of neutering enemies stats and has a ton of follow ups.

And you are in luck because god kefka either came out or is coming out next. The memorial battles are basically the main villians of each series. We start getting them next month I think? JP is already on #4 I believe

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
I am really tempted to max Deuce. I always pull the FR for summon units, but she has a nice phat HP cap up as well. The only reason I am debating getting her BT is because she is best used with magic units. She can still be a good support overall, just better with an all magic team

Also on Monday I will get my first crystal ability! 😁So excited!

Now just have to worry about going for blue, red, or yellow next

Of course he is good. Almost any updated unit will be a great unit besides someone like Rikku. I did a 500m phase with him and he does a great job of neutering enemies stats and has a ton of follow ups.

And you are in luck because god kefka either came out or is coming out next. The memorial battles are basically the main villians of each series. We start getting them next month I think? JP is already on #4 I believe

Just you wait... Rikku will surpass even Astos in damage with her burst! Maybe her burst effect will mix trio of 999,999 damage various times! I guess i'm going to green Kadaj now though. I am really hyped for a God Kefka fight then! Hopefully it isn't the same fight as the ridiculously weak one we got at the end of season 3.

Naar

Oct 29, 2017
Just you wait... Rikku will surpass even Astos in damage with her burst! Maybe her burst effect will mix trio of 999,999 damage various times! I guess i'm going to green Kadaj now though. I am really hyped for a God Kefka fight then! Hopefully it isn't the same fight as the ridiculously weak one we got at the end of season 3.

I believe the first memorial battle, which is Safer Sephiroth, is 1.1 billion HP. So no, they are not ridiculously weak lol.

Same for every other memorial battle...they take on the "god" or "final" form of the bosses from their respective games. So when we do the FF 2 memorial battle, we will fight God Emperor and not regular emperor.

I also think they have similar mechanics to boss rush, where you can bring multiple parties to do the clear

Naar

Oct 29, 2017
I finished green crystal and it looks like I will do red next.

I have the most units for it + I have kelgar in case I need to solo something. At least having the new crystal ability will make upcoming fights much easier now. And by the time I finish red, I should have more yellow/white/black units.

Because at this rate, it looks like my next color will be blue

But yea the crystal ability does I think 18m at max FR and is free turn and instant use. This will for sure make all upcoming fights, and especially crystal fights much easier.

I think crystal fights are the hardest in the game right now because of the restriction + double the HP

Naar

Oct 29, 2017
Well speak of the devil and he pops up.

Kefka memorial battle just released today in JP and he has over 1 billion HP

And we should be getting our 1st memorial battle announced today during stream

Last edited:

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
I said I would skip a few upcoming units to save on ressources but honestly, the past 2 weeks and the upcoming ones, I'm just not interested in any new banners.
Knowing on JP they still are about our current power level, 9 months later than us, and still no sign of level 100, feel like the short term will be kinda boring, I hope the memorial fights will deliver.

Think I'm just done with the FR era, haha.

Last edited: