• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

WarAdept

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
For someone who just started today and is wondering what to do with 16,000 gems, is there a best banner to pull on? I thought it might be the story draw or anniversary draw, but I wanted to ask first. Or I could just keep holding on to gems if that would be smarter. Thanks in advance for any advice.

Pull for your favourites/half price.

You need to shore up your options and half price banners will give you the best chance of that.

Be prepared to save up 3 months worth of premium currency for what you want only for the gatcha to shit on your dreams

Calliope

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Detroit, MI
I was sitting around waiting for a friend to show up for dinner, and thinking about how ridic Climhazzard is, and got bored....so I yolo'd a multidraw even though I hardly have any gems and well, it paid off.

kxWM5kh.jpg

Can't get a decent artifact to save my life but I do have a few nice EXs now. Not touching any other banners for the foreseeable future though. It's save from here on out, Vaan's EX has to make an appearance eventually.

For someone who just started today and is wondering what to do with 16,000 gems, is there a best banner to pull on? I thought it might be the story draw or anniversary draw, but I wanted to ask first. Or I could just keep holding on to gems if that would be smarter. Thanks in advance for any advice.

If there are any favorite characters on the current banners, I'd suggest a pull or two for those.

Also give the anniversary events a try once you level up a bit. You should be able to complete some of the lower level battles. You'll earn tokens that you can then exchange in the shop for weapons. You'll probably be able to earn enough for at least one 15cp of your choice and that'll help get you started too.

Last edited:

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
I was sitting around waiting for a friend to show up for dinner, and thinking about how ridic Climhazzard is, and got bored....and yolo'd a multidraw even though I hardly have any gems and well, it paid off.

kxWM5kh.jpg

Can't get a decent artifact to save my life but I do have a few nice EXs now. Not touching any other banners for the foreseeable future though. It's save from here on out, Vaan's EX has to make an appearance eventually.

Nice! That EX is so good. Beatrix has carried me through the recent content so she's a really great investment. I know what you mean about artifacts.... gosh i've been farming Beatrix co op and CAN'T GET ANY ORANGE DOUBLES with Continent's Finest **. I do have triple Continent's Finest ** but the other things on the artifacts really suck. It's soul draining but surprisingly addicting sometimes.

As for me.... saving everything I have now for Celes EX.... even skipping Prishe if I have to cause I'll only have enough tickets/gems for one maybe.

CountBlack

Oct 26, 2017
Almost done grinding Diabolos items. Level 100 stage wasn't too tough.

Beatrix' EX is really good but I feel like the whole banner has to be appealing for me to do a full pull now. The odds are too against me to spend 5K gems to get a Terra 15CP dupe lol

Credo

Oct 25, 2017
Pull for your favourites/half price.

You need to shore up your options and half price banners will give you the best chance of that.
If there are any favorite characters on the current banners, I'd suggest a pull or two for those.

Also give the anniversary events a try once you level up a bit. You should be able to complete some of the lower level battles. You'll earn tokens that you can then exchange in the shop for weapons. You'll probably be able to earn enough for at least one 15cp of your choice and that'll help get you started too.

Thank you both for your responses. I hope it's a bit more generous with the pull rates than some of the other games I've played, but I'm enjoying it so far so I'm going to keep at it regardless. It can't be as bad as Kingdom Hearts.

Does Era have a Discord for this?

friz898

Oct 27, 2017
Florida Panhandle
Thank you both for your responses. I hope it's a bit more generous with the pull rates than some of the other games I've played, but I'm enjoying it so far so I'm going to keep at it regardless. It can't be as bad as Kingdom Hearts.

Does Era have a Discord for this?

In my experience the last few months in comparison to FFRK. I feel like FFRK gives you more for your money, but I feel like its much easier to be F2P in Opera Omnia. I however have not reached the level of endgame with Opera Omnia that I am at in FFRK. So, I could be off of course. I haven't spent a dime in DFFOO.

I've spent (over a 3 year period) thousands on FFRK, or at least a Grand to be sure. Don't know, and don't want to know.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Compared to the other two gacha I play which are DX2 (SMT liberation) and Star Ocean Anamnesis, Opera Omnia has been the best gacha game by far and most friendly. Ex weapons are rare but at least you can pull them without premium currency. One of the things that really grinds my gears about SMT Liberation is the fact overpowered demons can only be pulled once (trial) and if you dont get them you miss out until next banner. The game also only follows a very strict gem pattern of pvp every week if you've done all the PVE stuff. It's horribly handled. Imagine if EX weapons weren't in the pool anymore after you pulled on their banner and you had to pay. It's terrible. On the other hand, Anamnesis has two gachas. To get the affinity weapon there are weapon banners and the 5 star units are on another banner. It's time consuming to MLB someone in that game. Gems are readily available every week but Opera Omnia has the largest source of F2P gems I have ever seen.

Sometimes featured demons are not even in the regular summoning pool and also the gacha exclusives cannot be fused.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
This game is way more F2P friendly than Brave Exvius, and I played both since their launch day.
I just wish there was a French localization but I can deal without it.

Madvin_a

Oct 25, 2017

1 guaranteed 5* on 10 pull, 10% 5* rate and game is pretty generous with currency too. Combined with some longevity (thanks to reworks/level caps being raised/etc) with anything you pull..makes it (mostly) F2P friendly.

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I decided to do one more pull on Beatrix's banner...and finally got her 35cp. And it was the guaranteed 5* on the draw too. Instantly, I MLB it.

Now I'll get Cait's 35cp through the weapon token shop once I have enough tokens, and then I think I'm good on pulling for a while. Really start saving some resources for when the big characters and their banners start to arrive.

WarAdept

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Really hard for me to continue going at the moment.

Getting the same vibes as Brave Exvius right now, just so much grind and meandering of items, fusions and whatnot. (which nowadays I only log in on occasion for log in items them log off).

Credo

Oct 25, 2017
I'm really enjoying this so far, but I'm only 2 days in, so that's to be expected. I'm hoping it doesn't turn into a slog like seemingly every mobile game, so I'm going to try to treat it like I do FFRK and just be content with mediocrity so that I don't drive myself crazy trying to be "elite."

Keym

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I'm really enjoying this so far, but I'm only 2 days in, so that's to be expected. I'm hoping it doesn't turn into a slog like seemingly every mobile game, so I'm going to try to treat it like I do FFRK and just be content with mediocrity so that I don't drive myself crazy trying to be "elite."
If you want to take it easy, just focus on the story missions, you don't have to be overpowered to beat them. It's the best part of the game as well.

Credo

Oct 25, 2017
It seems like every time a character with an EX turns up in the support section, it's a Beatrix, which I assume means her EX is one of the best. I've got 45,000 gems right now, so should I do at least a few pulls for Save The Queen before it goes away? Or is the pull rate horrible?

CountBlack

Oct 26, 2017
It seems like every time a character with an EX turns up in the support section, it's a Beatrix, which I assume means her EX is one of the best. I've got 45,000 gems right now, so should I do at least a few pulls for Save The Queen before it goes away? Or is the pull rate horrible?
the pull rate is horrible but don't let your dreams be dreams

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.

I'd say go for it! All characters are useful without their EX, but if you want to enjoy using Beatrix you'll want to pull her weapons anyway, so go for it!

Don't forget, her event ends in an hour, so make sure you clear as much as you can and grab her rewards! EX is fools gold to do the event high scores, have fun in multiplayer instead.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Oh also, little PSA.

Tokens from freshly expired events can still be used, you have to go to the token exchange in your side menu. They only stay open for a few days, so spend what you can!

Madvin_a

Oct 25, 2017

Global version got her first along with her character being very popular. If she's a favorite, pull away! Pull rates for EX's are low though. Also, unlock her if ya' haven't done so, will be a long while before there's another chance to get her.

Credo

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for the feedback. I unlocked her and cleared as much as I could in the event, which wasn't very much since I've only been playing for 3 days.

After I thought about it for a bit, I don't think I want to go broke chasing 1 item. I've done that in other gachas and it always goes poorly. I just did 1 pull and got Enhancer for Terra, so I'm going to be content with that I guess.

WarAdept

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Her EX is alright, but she's all about the Thunder Slash+, so her 35 is of utmost priority.

Bonus points if you have Garnets EX to not only imperi lightning, but enchant lightning to boost it even further.

which I'm so fucking salty that I don't have it after saving up for 2 months

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Cleared Aerith's Lost chapter hard mode with no problems at all. Garnet/Aerith/Beatrix absolutely destroyed this. I loved Aerith's Lost chapter scenes.... and Seifer wanting to protect her was kinda cute lol. What a hard ass though..... Next plan is to grind Garnet artifacts and clear Garnet's lost chapter + Reminiscence.

Credo

Oct 25, 2017
Is this game a few months behind Japan like FF Record Keeper is so that you can know what's coming? I'd like to be able to plan so that I don't blow all my gems on a character that's not great when something amazing is around the corner. Of course, the only way I can tell if someone is any good or not is by looking at this tier list, but I don't even know how updated it is.

WarAdept

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Is this game a few months behind Japan like FF Record Keeper is so that you can know what's coming? I'd like to be able to plan so that I don't blow all my gems on a character that's not great when something amazing is around the corner. Of course, the only way I can tell if someone is any good or not is by looking at this tier list, but I don't even know how updated it is.

Not going to happen

Global follows JP very loosely. Squeenix is very active in the reddit discord and they've thrown many, many curve balls that fucked the timeline. (and sometimes not for the better)

Pull for your favourites, but be aware that none of the metas that were prevailant in JP had much of an effect in GL due to them fast tracking stuff that was meant for 6 months down the line, rearranging character and banner releases and now with the introduction of global exclusive Beatrix, completely new content that JP doesn't have.

It's the fucking wild West. Always have 50k gems on hand.

Credo

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for letting me know. I'm at 40k now, so once I'm at 50k, I'll treat that as my new zero and make it the cutoff.

friz898

Oct 27, 2017
Florida Panhandle
So my beginners luck continues. Did 3 pulls and got Firion's EX. Also got 1 each of Leon 15 & 35.

Spent rest of my gems though. So I am out ..crazy luck though, have like 8 EX already.

Too bad stuff in this game is outdated as fast as a month. Where as my FFRK star equipment is good for 4-8 months if not longer.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Prepare to take a lot of HP damage in this EX

16e44527-0ef5-4bd3-b8kqjbb.png

Nothing impossible for the launch meta but if not careful, it can OS someone very easily. The 500 gems score is at 150k+
I MLB Leon because I was bored haha, 30 tickets and 10k gems for his 35 CP, also kinda regret not trying to get Cecil EX

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Did one pull and a couple of tickets on Leon's banner just because I have none of the three character's weapons, and thankfully got Firion's 35cp.

SantosStrife

Oct 27, 2017
Cleared Aerith's Lost chapter hard mode with no problems at all. Garnet/Aerith/Beatrix absolutely destroyed this. I loved Aerith's Lost chapter scenes.... and Seifer wanting to protect her was kinda cute lol. What a hard ass though..... Next plan is to grind Garnet artifacts and clear Garnet's lost chapter + Reminiscence.

I love these interactions, Seifer and Aerith cutscene is cute (when the kids are playing together as well is cute), but my favorite is Faris and Cloud about crossdress thing.

The thing I love most about Dissidia is the interactions between my favorite characters. This is fanservice done right.

BTW got lucky, three pulls and got all Firions weapons (including EX) and Leon's 35CP. I really like Leon's design.

Leon and Beatrix work great together!

CountBlack

Oct 26, 2017
Trying to do the reminiscence conflict ex is making me regret not pulling for Beatrix harder

165K after 400 restarts

Last edited:

Triangulate

Oct 27, 2017
This is the first gacha game to actually hook me. I enjoy FFRK and FE Heroes quite a bit but I've never binged them like I am with DFFOO over the past week. Really having a good time with this.

Did have a question though. I'm not being very efficient with my SP and free refills from rank ups because I'm not sure what I should be doing in World of Illusions. I've bound all the summons available but I haven't bothered to grind out mats to level them since so far the story content is easy enough that I finish the fights before the summons are even available. Leveling them doesn't seem to improve their passive so I haven't bothered yet.

Artifacts also seem like a confusing mess that I haven't gotten into yet.

Anything a beginner should be doing in World of Illusions? I'd like to be SP efficient but if it doesn't matter early game I won't worry about it.

Madvin_a

Oct 25, 2017
Did have a question though. I'm not being very efficient with my SP and free refills from rank ups because I'm not sure what I should be doing in World of Illusions. I've bound all the summons available but I haven't bothered to grind out mats to level them since so far the story content is easy enough that I finish the fights before the summons are even available. Leveling them doesn't seem to improve their passive so I haven't bothered yet.

They have two passives, one that is always active like Ifrit's attack bonus and one given during the actual summon. Leveling mainly increases their summon bonus along with giving an extra summon turn once they reach lvl 11.

Artifacts also seem like a confusing mess that I haven't gotten into yet.

Anything a beginner should be doing in World of Illusions? I'd like to be SP efficient but if it doesn't matter early game I won't worry about it.

Artifacts are pretty simple. Fuse a bunch of the same ones (such as 4 Terra ones) to reach full limit break (the gem/materia slot's are filled, also text changes when choosing them), then feed it a few more artifacts to max it's level. Pray and hope you get a good bonus afterwards. The bonus is an equipable cp passive, some are very good. But the current artifact grind is..pretty bad. Also eats up gil pretty quickly, so be warry of that. Gets much better in a future update though.

Probably early on, clear artifact WOI at least for gems, see how far you can get in a summon WOI. Then, if you can farm the boss levels with little trouble, then would try to get Ifrit, Chocobo, Sylph, to lvl 11. They tend to be staples of the Co-Op's and most general content.

Triangulate

Oct 27, 2017
They have two passives, one that is always active like Ifrit's attack bonus and one given during the actual summon. Leveling mainly increases their summon bonus along with giving an extra summon turn once they reach lvl 11.

Artifacts are pretty simple. Fuse a bunch of the same ones (such as 4 Terra ones) to reach full limit break (the gem/materia slot's are filled, also text changes when choosing them), then feed it a few more artifacts to max it's level. Pray and hope you get a good bonus afterwards. The bonus is an equipable cp passive, some are very good. But the current artifact grind is..pretty bad. Also eats up gil pretty quickly, so be warry of that. Gets much better in a future update though.

Probably early on, clear artifact WOI at least for gems, see how far you can get in a summon WOI. Then, if you can farm the boss levels with little trouble, then would try to get Ifrit, Chocobo, Sylph, to lvl 11. They tend to be staples of the Co-Op's and most general content.
Yeah, I was referring to the always active passive. I've had Ifrit equipped pretty much the whole time for that attack bonus; also probably why I never actually get to summon him since he's slow to charge up. Didn't know about the extra turn at L11 though so that's cool.

I did max one artifact for Garnet just to see how it worked and got +36 ATK from a 2* artifact. Not bad I guess and she had the spare CP anyway. It did take a bunch of low level artifacts to level it up though so that grind doesn't look fun at all.

Thanks for the tips.

Calliope

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Detroit, MI
Just started Leon's event. I don't know why but hearing a gunshot in a cut scene took me by surprise. I also want to pull on this banner. Or use some tickets. It's calling me. Must....resist.....

Also, I don't know if he's actually any good for Leon's event, haven't tried it yet, but I do have a pretty decent MLB Snow I can throw up as my friend support if that would help anyone. That dude has like 12K hp, he can take a hit.

WarAdept

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
The entire gimmick around this event is that the boss will one shot you if you get broken.

Hence why there's 3 synergy characters for this event that immediately regenerate brave upon using a HP skill.

...Or just don't get broken.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Adept can you guide me on the summon question? I am a lost soul. A helpless one.

Honestly, your best bet is trying to max out one of your summons (Ifrit's great, 20% ATK bonus at max HP, Brothers is 20% MAX BRV at 80%), so that you have a consistently useful bonus helping you out, then start thinking about more specific summons.

I recommend working through Ifrit's Trials until you get to the most expensive mission there, and use the double item book and potions to grab as many upgrading materials as you can in a half hour. With even one of those sessions you should be able to get that Ifrit to put in the work for you and improve your damage output pretty nicely!

Then, try to improve either chocobo or Sylph whenever you get the chance, since once they pass Lv. 11, they charge up super quick and give you a bunch of summon turns, making them helpful for reducing turn count in otherwise quick missions.

friz898

Oct 27, 2017
Florida Panhandle
Thanks you two!

Focusing on the Summons is right there on that list of things to do to catch up.

But at rank 386 now. Seeing as how I was at rank 8 in October, I am happy.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Thanks you two!

Focusing on the Summons is right there on that list of things to do to catch up.

But at rank 386 now. Seeing as how I was at rank 8 in October, I am happy.

Hot dang! I've only recently broke the 200 barrier, though I don't put much effort in maxing everyone's levels. I probably should though, potions are plentiful and powerful co-op partners are not.

WarAdept

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Hot dang! I've only recently broke the 200 barrier, though I don't put much effort in maxing everyone's levels. I probably should though, potions are plentiful and powerful co-op partners are not.

100 gems per 10 levels, no matter which characters is a lot of gems.

Current max rank is 471, so if you're only rank 200, that's 27100 gems hiding behind character levelling.