• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Credo

Oct 25, 2017
Has anyone had a problem with missions not updating? On mine, it said, "Complete event quest "Reminiscence: Conflict Pt. 2" 4/5. So I beat it. Came back there and it was still at 4/5. Then I force shutdown the game and came back, and it was still 4/5. Not sure what's going on.

WarAdept

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Has anyone had a problem with missions not updating? On mine, it said, "Complete event quest "Reminiscence: Conflict Pt. 2" 4/5. So I beat it. Came back there and it was still at 4/5. Then I force shutdown the game and came back, and it was still 4/5. Not sure what's going on.

Are you sure you did all the mission requirements for that level?

Score target hit, no KOs etc

Madvin_a

Oct 25, 2017

This confused me too when I started the game. 5/5 is clear (the stage), meet or beat the target score, and the three missions. Can be done one or multiple runs as needed.

Credo

Oct 25, 2017
Are you sure you did all the mission requirements for that level?

Score target hit, no KOs etc

This confused me too when I started the game. 5/5 is clear (the stage), meet or beat the target score, and the three missions. Can be done one or multiple runs as needed.

Edit: Never mind. I see what you're saying now. There's no chance I'll ever beat it in 35 turns because of the Marlboro wasting my turns and having to try to clear out the 2 Brothers after that, so I guess I should abandon it.

Triangulate

Oct 27, 2017
Someone confirm my reasoning is sound on not pulling on Garnet's banner anymore.

I have her 35cp and her 15cp is at 1LB. Chasing her EX is a bad idea and I can just use power stones to MLB her 15cp. I don't have Cloud's 35cp but he's kind of on the bench right now, I don't care about Zell and I already got lucky on Garnet's 35cp in 8 tickets so I should just call it quits on this banner I think. That's my reasoning anyway..

friz898

Oct 27, 2017
Florida Panhandle
Someone confirm my reasoning is sound on not pulling on Garnet's banner anymore.

I have her 35cp and her 15cp is at 1LB. Chasing her EX is a bad idea and I can just use power stones to MLB her 15cp. I don't have Cloud's 35cp but he's kind of on the bench right now, I don't care about Zell and I already got lucky on Garnet's 35cp in 8 tickets so I should just call it quits on this banner I think. That's my reasoning anyway..

I'm no help, but I want to find out more about this imperil that Garnet EX has for my Beatrix EX. Sounds like a deadly combo if I ever get Garnet to 60 Crystal level.

Triangulate

Oct 27, 2017
I'm no help, but I want to find out more about this imperil that Garnet EX has for my Beatrix EX. Sounds like a deadly combo if I ever get Garnet to 60 Crystal level.
Lightning imperil for Beatrix is exactly why I'm using Garnet and it's pretty great. Where I'm at now is trying to justify awakening her since I don't have her EX and haven't MLB'd her 15cp yet and can't even afford getting her to str60 yet (not enough high stones).

I can get her Waterglint Extension passive to help with wave clear since right now she's basically only debuffing for Beatrix and doing AOE brave shaving with Deluge/Superbolt. MLBing her 15cp would just make Waterglint better with the brave regen.

I also just really like Garnet since I love FF9.

WarAdept

Oct 25, 2017
Australia

Garnets EX gives EnLightning/EnWater to the party. Not Imperil.

Beatrix by default already has a lightning attack. (Thunder Slash).

Having an EnElement with the appropriate elemental skill increases brave damage by 20%.

Garnet also has imperil lightning and water on her base kit, further increasing Beatrix damage if the enemy by default is neutral to lightning.

Basically Garnet sets up Beatrix to do absurd amounts of damage while providing AoE damage/brv battery herself. It's a perfect combo when combined with someone like Selphie or Cait Sith.

EDIT: case in point, Auron LC EX. The target score for the highest rewards is 150000. This was my first attempt.

And I don't have Beatrix's 35CP or Garnets EX.

f8SzGZg.jpg

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
I can confirm that's the combo I have been using. It is so ridiculously good... I got 208k score on the last Garnet LC hard mission when I think the score to get everything was only 130k. I destroyed it. Garnet/Selphie/Beatrix all with ex/mlb except Selphie since she doesnt have an ex yet in GL.

Credo

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks to all of you for writing so much about Garnet just now. You got me all hyped up, so I used a draw ticket and got her EX!

Credo

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I feel like I don't really deserve it since I don't have the characters or gear to take full advantage of it yet. Don't hate me too much =\

Triangulate

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, I feel like I don't really deserve it since I don't have the characters or gear to take full advantage of it yet. Don't hate me too much =\
So as a possible karma payoff for kick starting the Garnet discussion I just used a ticket and got.. trash. No 1/200 miracle for me.

Grats though, Garnet is pretty great.

friz898

Oct 27, 2017
Florida Panhandle
I watched this vid.

Goodness, I need to learn how to play this game better, I do NOT get 40k hits or whatever.

My highest hit thus far is either a Cait Sith overflow that I think did -28-30k one time, and Cloud's EX hitting for something like 28k (usually low to mid 20k)

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Man, I'm still sorta kicking myself for not checking the game out again when Bahamut was available, hoping his permanent inclusion is sooner then later!

By the way, with that tidbit, is it even worth attempting to get 20,000 on any of the Reminiscence quests before they are gone, or is 17,000~ better to worry about? Speaking from having Beatrix and Garnet with everything maxed out, maxed out Cait Sith, and both Ifrit and Brothers maxed as well. I imagine Brothers is the lynchpin to my chances, but without Bahamut I can't blitz the final round on any of those suckers outside of the first one.

WarAdept

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Man, I'm still sorta kicking myself for not checking the game out again when Bahamut was available, hoping his permanent inclusion is sooner then later!

By the way, with that tidbit, is it even worth attempting to get 20,000 on any of the Reminiscence quests before they are gone, or is 17,000~ better to worry about? Speaking from having Beatrix and Garnet with everything maxed out, maxed out Cait Sith, and both Ifrit and Brothers maxed as well. I imagine Brothers is the lynchpin to my chances, but without Bahamut I can't blitz the final round on any of those suckers outside of the first one.

How many resources are you willing to sacrifice for 500 gems (or whatever the mission prize is)?

If the equivelant of 500 gems or more is required for you to hit that target, then it is not worth it at all.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
How many resources are you willing to sacrifice for 500 gems (or whatever the mission prize is)?

If the equivelant of 500 gems or more is required for you to hit that target, then it is not worth it at all.

Oh no, you misunderstand, I already have a good amount of maxed characters (by the grace of Lady Luck, thankfully), I'm just wondering if I should be wasting any time trying to get the max score in those events with what I have, and if I should, if there are any friends that will assist in that effectively.

As an added detail, I do not have Selphie, never got her or her weapons back when she was on banner, only started my account back up a few months ago and got up to speed relatively quickly.

I do have Faris, Y'shtola, Vaan, Fujin, Terra, Laguna and Warrior of Light, all maxed out, and Edgar, Ramza, Squall and Cloud with all weapons except EX, and mostly not maxed out, but can be.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Oh man, I am seriously looking forward to having Bad Guy lost chapters start showing up!

Like, so many of them have unique mechanics or really good awakenings, like how Kefka starts with unique HP attack lockdown, and get's an EX that breaks out huge debuffs, or how Seymour links to his first ability from his second if he has enough brave when attacking, meaning if he get's enchanted and hit's imperil with a character like Fujin or Garnet, he get's TWO practically full Brv+Hp attacks!

Any Villain debut's you guys looking forward to?

friz898

Oct 27, 2017
Florida Panhandle
I am at 78 characters now, and rank 403 or 406 or 4-oh-something...

How many total characters is there? I know Adept said there was max rank of 475 (and now probably a bit higher)

Calliope

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Detroit, MI
Looking forward to the update. Hope they do something nice with the dailies. Going back to 5 bronze weapon materials or whatever is going to feel so diminished.
I am at 78 characters now, and rank 403 or 406 or 4-oh-something...

How many total characters is there? I know Adept said there was max rank of 475 (and now probably a bit higher)
There are 84 characters in global right now. Dissidia Database has a nice page for the roster and you can toggle over to JP to get an idea of who's coming next.

Calliope

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Detroit, MI
Didn't SE also release a timeline for new additions throughout the year?
As far as I know they are only releasing monthly calendars. We should be getting March's sometime after the maintenance update tonight.

There is also a timeline that fans put together based on Japan's schedule, but it's not 100% accurate. It's good to reference if you want to try to plan ahead though.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Oh man, I am seriously looking forward to having Bad Guy lost chapters start showing up!

Like, so many of them have unique mechanics or really good awakenings, like how Kefka starts with unique HP attack lockdown, and get's an EX that breaks out huge debuffs, or how Seymour links to his first ability from his second if he has enough brave when attacking, meaning if he get's enchanted and hit's imperil with a character like Fujin or Garnet, he get's TWO practically full Brv+Hp attacks!

Any Villain debut's you guys looking forward to?

I personally hope Caius becomes playable!!! But for now I think I am most excited about Ultimecia but she's super far away. I think Ardyn would be pretty amazing too given that mass murderers like Kefka can join so why not Ardyn lol.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Looks like Basch is finally being added to JP

About dang time! Almost can't believe the whole gang is gonna be here! Fran is already in JP, so it'll be interesting to see how Basch plays with the other representatives!

Also, I've been playing with Fujin in co-op recently, and she's actually a ton of fun to play! I kinda wish she got a little more Oomph to her kit, but as she is, her speed up, invisible max brave boost and INSTANT WIND IMPERIL AND MASS PARTY ENCHANT makes her absolutely amazing in a non-elemental party! If they end up giving the Disciplinary Squad EX weapons, I wonder what she'd get...

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Really exciting about Basch.

He's been one of my most wanted characters for a while now.

Machina though...

tenor.gif

Last edited:

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Layle awakening in 2 days, launch meta intensifies. (Also include Wakka / Papalymo / Yda / Yuri / Setzer)
Vaan EX is also featured.

Last edited:

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
what???? Yda EX was so recent in JP.....
They only showed Vaan since I hopped mid-stream but I heard people talking about Yda EX, so I dunno.

Here's a list missing the last news coming shortly https://www.reddit.com/r/DissidiaFFOO/comments/av51vr/twitch_stream_2262019/

Permanent changes starting Feb. 27 UTC
Updated Daily Login Bonuses
Day 3 (Gem x100 ->Gem x400)
Day 5 (Gem x300 -> Draw Ticket x1)
Day 8 (Draw Ticket x1 -> Power Token x3)
Updated Cycle Quests
Kactuars permanently added as a chance encounter
The Kupocard Mini returning
The Kupocard Mini 2 is being introduced
Limited-Time FFXII Conflicted Hero starting on Feb. 28 UTC
Vaan Costume
Later this month another costume
Looks like Ace
Starting Feb. 28th UTC
Crystal awakenings (Round 6)
Setzer, Wakka, Yda, Papalymo, Layle, Yuri
Video showed Vaan EX
Heretic Quests:
Power & Magic's Chasm
Solo-only quests at first
Co-op quest added later
Permanently Returning Content
Celes starting Mar.4 UTC
Kain starting on Mar. 18 UTC
Pandemonium trials starting on Mar. 11 UTC
Act 2, Ch. 1 Starting Mar. 14 UTC

Edit : now it makes sense it's not Yda since the awakening banners don't include the new level 60 EXs

Last edited:

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Oh my word..... NO WAY

They are adding Lyse??? AS A NEW CHARACTER?

Wow, I didnt expect that.

MAJOR SPOILERS FOR FFXIV below

She's Yda.... Yda is actually her dead sister. Lyse is really Yda.

Wish she had her red dress though.

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Now I'm a little less worried about not getting future EX weapons that I want.

I'll definitely make sure I save enough for whenever Yuna's EX arrives.

Last edited:

friz898

Oct 27, 2017
Florida Panhandle
That's terrific news.

Combo breaker for one quick second for 2 noob questions.

1. Once a character is released (Beatrix for example) does her artifacts get added to the normal Radiant Red Crystal Artifact? Or does that not happen until occasional announced additions like "now in Radiant Artifact Mission, Beatrix, and _____ and ____ are included!"...

2. Second question, and I should google it some before asking, but what does all the different backgrounds mean? Is there a quick guide somewhere, or is there only like 2-3 different ones?

For example, I know that often times for an event or whatever, they'll get double exp and it shows with x2, I know that some also get Synergy, and you see it in their stats, and I think I did read that there is a purple outline for that. What is like the other differences, like if a character has a permanent purple background? Or is that just how they were colored and it means nothing?

Madvin_a

Oct 25, 2017
1. Once a character is released (Beatrix for example) does her artifacts get added to the normal Radiant Red Crystal Artifact? Or does that not happen until occasional announced additions like "now in Radiant Artifact Mission, Beatrix, and _____ and ____ are included!"...

Has to be an update before they drop there. Maybe after the next maintenance...

2. Second question, and I should google it some before asking, but what does all the different backgrounds mean? Is there a quick guide somewhere, or is there only like 2-3 different ones? .

TBH, other than the border glow for synergy boost, no clue.

friz898

Oct 27, 2017
Florida Panhandle
Well darn, I have a few characters with 0 artifacts, my biggest mistake though was not making it a priority to get Beatrix's during her event. I have MLB EX and MLB Armor....and no artifacts, bleh.

Also characters I have 0 for include: Kefka, Zack, Selphie, Alisaie, Papalymo, and Noctis.

I also need more (to at least have 3) for Relm (2), Lenna (2), Gilgamesh (1), and Leon (1) (and I'll go get that before event over). I've been working on other things in the game like Summons, Levels, Crystal Levels, and Hard More on Lost Chapters....instead of farming events. I usually clear event one time, and am done, so I've paid for it.

Calliope

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Detroit, MI
Wow, good stuff coming. Super surprised they added the mercy system so soon but that's really awesome.

And Vaan EX finally!!!! Yay! My EX luck will probably dry up now but still yay!!

Thanks for the recap here.
2. Second question, and I should google it some before asking, but what does all the different backgrounds mean? Is there a quick guide somewhere, or is there only like 2-3 different ones?

Are you referring to background color in the character portraits?

If it's purple, it means that character has one affinity piece equipped, either a weapon or armor piece. If their background is gold, it means they are quipped with both affinity pieces, obviously weapon and armor. If the background is white, they have no affinity items equipped.

Last edited:

friz898

Oct 27, 2017
Florida Panhandle
Wow, good stuff coming. Super surprised they added the mercy system so soon but that's really awesome.

And Vaan EX finally!!!! Yay! My EX luck with probably dry up now but still yay!!

Thanks for the recap here.

Are you referring to background color in the character portraits?

If it's purple, it means that character has one synergy piece equipped, either a weapon or armor piece. If their background is gold, it means they are quipped with both synergy pieces, obviously weapon and armor. If the background is white, they have no synergy items equipped.

Thank you! That's exactly what I was referring to.

oh and ya, I didn't even think to thank Kouriozan until Calli did, but yes thank you for the recap here.