Turing

Banned
Aug 21, 2018
Sounds like Elon may know something we don't tbh. He listed some oddly specific details. Only time will tell.

Armaros

Oct 25, 2017
Sounds like Elon may know something we don't tbh. He listed some oddly specific details. Only time will tell.

If he knows something and isn't going directly to the authorities, then he is a piece of shit for putting his own public image above victims of a disgusting crime.

But the chance of that being true is almost zero. Especially since he has had months.

cubanb

Oct 27, 2017
It's the opposite of specific... It's stereotyping to the extreme and it is disrespectful to the country as whole. I live near one of the biggest human trafficking hubs in the US, but I have no child brides.....

duckroll

Oct 25, 2017
Singapore
Yeah, like he knew about how he was taking Tesla private, right. Only time will tell. Hurrr hurrrrrrrrrrrrr.

But the chance of that being true is almost zero. Especially since he has had months.
It's not even that. He's basically shit talking the guy saying he was banned from the site and wasn't very important, when actual people on the team are saying otherwise. Musk is firing blanks here. Just like he does on Twitter all the time.

Turing

Banned
Aug 21, 2018
-_____________-

You don't think a person with an ego as big as his would miss the opportunity to give reporters evidence of the diver's alleged pedophilia? Why did he "apologize" back then in the first place if he had evidence?
Who knows. Maybe he hired some private investigator and is playing the long game. Or it's possible his attorneys told him to hold off for the lawsuit, a suit to which he welcomes apparently.

Akira86

Oct 25, 2017
musk is the kind to have hired a detective to get some dirt. he's too self centered to try to bring the guy to the police, but he definitely would have a Pinkerton type go snoop around some dude's history.

Oct 27, 2017
Who knows. Maybe he hired some private investigator and is playing the long game. Or it's possible his attorneys told him to hold off for the lawsuit, a suit to which he welcomes apparently.

If we're gonna rely on conjecture, perhaps you can explain why you didn't rape and kill a small child 5 years ago in Boise. Go!

Turing

Banned
Aug 21, 2018
User Banned (Permanent): Peddling conspiracy theories. Junior account.
It's the opposite of specific... It's stereotyping to the extreme and it is disrespectful to the country as whole. I live near one of the biggest human trafficking hubs in the US, but I have no child brides.....
He knew the years the diver lived there, when he moved to various islands, and the age of the alleged minor. Either he got that specific info from someone or that's a pretty wild—and, yes, oddly specific—guess. And, he's welcoming the lawsuit, knowing good and well such info will come to light.

duckroll

Oct 25, 2017
Singapore
He knew the years the diver lived there, when he moved to various islands, and the age of the alleged minor. Either he got that specific info from someone or that's a pretty wild—and, yes, oddly specific—guess. And, he's welcoming the lawsuit, knowing good and well such info will come to light.
He also said that the guy was banned from the dive site and that no one on the team wanted to talk to him. Which at least 3 major team members have refuted as completely baseless.

Antrax

Oct 25, 2017
"If the odds are probably in your favor, you should make as many decisions as possible within the bounds of what is executable," Mr. Musk said in emails to the Journal. "This is like being the house in Vegas.

No, Elon, it's like being one of those people in Vegas who swears they have a system.

In A New Email, Elon Musk Accused A Cave Rescuer Of Being A "Child Rapist" And Said He "Hopes" There's A Lawsuit
https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/ryanmac/elon-musk-thai-cave-rescuer-accusations-buzzfeed-email

Stable genius.

This is insane. For years (like, early Aughts, I wished some rich person would just use their capital to blast past fossil fuel companies to push cleaner energy. But holy fuck, do I feel like I used a monkey's paw on this one.

"Listen, I just want to ask some questions and maybe suggest he's right about all of this, because, why would he do these things if he wasn't sure about it?" /s

Also, for those that are going to see the words "off the record" or "on background" in the emails:

People think "off the record" is a magic phrase that kicks in like "parley" in the PotC franchise. Why would literally anyone ever be quoted on anything if they could just start statements with "off the record" and bar their publication?

Deleted member 14459

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

He also had 'very specific' details about the guy being banned from the cave site, which have been shown false.., sounds like he is fed less by Pinkerton and more by Qanon

FUME5

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

hh-us-lc-muskrat-facts-general

danm999

Oct 29, 2017
Sydney

If you'd ever seen a sitcom in your life you might be a bit less impressed with the serial liars making incredibly specific lies to fool smooth brains.

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
"Find the evidence for my baseless claim, you fucking lazy media dunces" has got to be the weirdest take for a guy who is a scientific genius. Musk knows that's not how presenting or falsifying a hypothesis works.

This diver is going to win millions.

Antrax

Oct 25, 2017
I always think of this scene in The Office:

Yeah, that's a good one.

Or for the one-sided bit, I just finished the third season of Yu-Gi-Oh for the first time, and it's literally how the bad guys use their magic.

They play a card called the Seal of Orichalcos, which makes it so the loser of the duel loses their soul. But there's no 2-way agreement lol. It's just:
Bad Guy: "I play...."
Good Guys: "Not the goddamn Seal of Ori...."
Bad Guy: "the Seal of Orichalcos!"

Resurgam

Jun 23, 2018
What is it with silicon valley that has filled it with so many socially maladjusted assholes? Musk has all the social skills of a cinder block. He's going to lose millions because somebody didn't kiss his ass and enable his Tony Stark delusions.

Aang's_Bae

Apr 23, 2018
What is it with silicon valley that has filled it with so many socially maladjusted assholes? Musk has all the social skills of a cinder block. He's going to lose millions because somebody didn't kiss his ass and enable his Tony Stark delusions.
They're still same old nerds they were in high school but with their own money and other creepy nerds calling them messiah.

New Fang

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This is a fascinating look into how some people react when their ego takes a very public hit.

Turing

Banned
Aug 21, 2018
Very, very odd that Turing hasn't replied again since this information has come to light. I almost wonder if it means he has something to hide?
Because it's a waste of time. I suggested that Elon may know more information than us and I provided reasons why, and I'm saying that as a lawyer myself and how I would advise him. All i've gotten in return is strawmens and ad hominem attacks. No actual discussion about the merits, which is all I was trying to raise.

Dingens

Circumventing ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I've seen people getting warned and banned for way less on this board. Why is this"musk must know something" crap tolerated?

Turing

Banned
Aug 21, 2018
I've seen people getting warned and banned for way less on this board. Why is this"musk must know something" crap tolerated?
Where did I say he "must know something"? I said he may, and that only time would tell, as with all lawsuits, because of his behavior in the Buzzfeed article just posted--namely, him asking Buzzfeed to look into the diver on their own with their Thailand contacts, giving some specifics about the diver's history in Thailand, the age of the alleged minor, and him saying he hopes for a lawsuit in which the facts would come to light. Is it really that unreasonable in light of all that to ponder whether Elon hired an investigator, or to say that time will tell when more facts come out? Others posted counter-evidence about how the story alleging the diver was shunned by the others was false. That's fine. That's the point of a discussion. Maybe Elon's ego really is that big and he's doubling down with nothing; maybe he knows something we don't. That's all I said.

Last edited:

Hesemonni

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Very, very odd that Turing hasn't replied again since this information has come to light. I almost wonder if it means he has something to hide?
His lawyer probably told him to ignore and just document whatever is thrown at him. No use fighting outside the court and in worst case give other party something to hit them with.

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Musk's lawyers, Tesla's board members and Grimes must all shudder/cringe at the self-destructive shitbag that they're connected with. It's like a less significant/dangerous version of Trump with his staff who know that their boss is a mess and a fool, but can't really do anything to reign in the self-destruction.

Imperfected

Nov 9, 2017
Does Musk even have a case? Even if he can conjure up evidence after-the-fact, it should be trivial to prove that he was not in possession of the information at the time he made the statement, and if he was he was behaving irresponsibly by not providing that information to the appropriate authorities. There's no real situation outside of a bad mustache where you can publicly call someone a "pedo" who hasn't been charged with the crime and not be guilty of libel.

yepyepyep

Oct 25, 2017
Because it's a waste of time. I suggested that Elon may know more information than us and I provided reasons why, and I'm saying that as a lawyer myself and how I would advise him. All i've gotten in return is strawmens and ad hominem attacks. No actual discussion about the merits, which is all I was trying to raise.

To be fair, the other posters were just implying you may be a child rapist. Only time will tell.

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
I still remember criticising Musky in the first Thai kids rescue thread and getting dogpiled on, yeesh. All quiet on the defense force front now. He's always been a douche, all the way back in his Paypal days where he got kicked out (for being a douche). Dude's ego is ripping him apart.

Deleted member 9838

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Some of yall questioning why he is doubling down and that he must have some credible evidence as if normal rules of conflict apply to him..... he's a billionaire.....