• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Producers when they pretend he's not famous in order to pay him less:
5Y3Mrqg.gif

nitewulf

Nov 29, 2017
For an actor of his caliber, they also give him very one note roles sometimes. I've always felt he was under appreciated.

Hollywood Duo

Oct 25, 2017
He's Black and not American, double whammy on pay discrimination. His performance in Blood Diamond was incredibly powerful.

Fandorin

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
What the fuck. Dude has been a great actor for so many years - the Viola Davis mention there really hurts too.

Davidion

Charitable King
Oct 27, 2017
He's absolutely a guy who you always wonder why is not getting bigger and better roles.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
He's actually American but agreed on the rest
Because he took citizenship in 2007

He moved to America at 26 and didn't speak English, that's not what studios (or hell most of the country) would consider American

I wanted him to be T'Challa's dad really bad. Ten years ago, I wanted him to be Panther. He gets done dirty. I suspect it's because he's African and studious don't know what to do with that.
I've mentioned this before but I've always wanted to see an African writer's run of Black Panther, last I checked there hadn't been one

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Folks definitely have a warped perception of how much money actors make based on the ~20 or so super bankable folks of any given period. Someone like Hounsou (established supporting actor you can rely on, but not a name that will secure more money if you sign him to a project) is probably making mid to high five figures (hopefully cracked six for Shazam 2).

Y'all know Eric Roberts? He will do your project for 3k a day.

Feb 16, 2023
I think he probably needs to change his agent. Hollywood imo is driven by the agents - he's certainly not the one asking for money.

The fact that so many years in, he feels this way wherelse Don Cheadle made bank as war machine and Anthony Mackie is the new Captain America. I read some article a bit back about how wealthy Don Cheadle (40 million USD) is now from his reoccuring role in the MCU... shame that Terrence Howard walked away and had a fit. He would have been wealthy by now. Curiously Anthony Mackie is only worth 8 million USD?

That said, I literally watched him act like a goofy wizard in shazaam2. But that's that movie being a wacky kids superhero movie. But its a very indistinct role and a side character.

I did some googling and his net worth is 12 million USD. More than Anthony Mackie. But I'm guessing Anthony is going to get a massive paybump now that he's Captain America and set to appear in multiple MCU movies.

googling networth sure is interesting:

Don Cheadle 40 Million
Daniel Kaluuya 15 million USD
Djimon Hounsou 12 million USD
Anthony Mackie 8 Million USD
Terrence Howard 5 million USD
Jonathon Majors 2 million USD ?!? (also set to take a massive pay bump, I think MCU + Creed3 overperforming)

IggyChooChoo

Oct 25, 2017
googling networth sure is interesting:

Don Cheadle 40 Million
Daniel Kaluuya 15 million USD
Djimon Hounsou 12 million USD
Anthony Mackie 8 Million USD
Terrence Howard 5 million USD
Jonathon Majors 2 million USD ?!? (also set to take a massive pay bump, I think MCU + Creed3 overperforming)
FWIW, I wouldn't place much stock in those net worth estimates. They exist to attract traffic, not because there's real data behind it.

harleyvwarren

Oct 31, 2022
Illinois
I most remember from Push alongside Chris Evans. Not a particularly memorable villain, but that accent, and that face is memorable. Also, liked him in the first Shazam.

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
He's one of those actors whose presence in something immediately makes me more interested in it.
Pay him. Pay that man his money.

Disco

Oct 25, 2017
Dude is a badass. I've loved him since Gladiator. Damn shame he's not getting paid what he's worth and I don't see that changing any time soon either.

Deleted member 17210

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
User Banned (2 Weeks): Dismissive Commentary; Dismissive Point of Comparison
Multi-millionnaire feels cheated while millions of people on Earth struggle to eat and pay rent.

Oct 28, 2017
One day he will be free of this...but not yet. Not yet.

If he's not getting a fair shake at things...I got no shot.