DJMax_Respect_cover.png

Genre : Rhythm Action Game
Platform : PlayStation 4
Developer : Rocky Studio in co-operation with DJMAX Sound Lab Team
Publisher : Neowiz Games
Price : HK$498, RM209, USD$49.99/EU

Release Date : Asia & Korea 28 July 2017, Japan 9 Nov 2017. NA 6 March 2018
VOFHkbm.png

Featuring 146 songs at launch, 106 songs from Portable 1 + Portable 2 and 40 new RESPECT songs!
giphy.gif

Featured Artist includes Bexter, ND Lee, zts, Paul Bazooka, Supbaby, Nauts, makou, NieN and more!
Composer Lineup Trailer : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4gvcoHdKvM&t=65s
New Songs List : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DJMax_Respect#Respect_New_Release
h3_listen.png

vowWexB.png

wHJGg5T.png

Arcade : Standard Single Player

UXzmoJ1.png

Free Style : Standard Free Style playable mode and introducing two players local battle mode for the first time in series

PA6kQ30.png

Mission : Require players to clear a song or set of songs with certain conditions.

cBGkdBn.png

Online : Play online with players from around the world.

sHi9dn3.png

Ranking : Compete your play score with players from around the world

BqnLGyK.png

Collection : Massive collecting elements in collection mode, featuring unlocking guides, gallery and play time.

giphy.gif

Remastered M/V with high resolution

giphy.gif

mniosoC.png

Q : Era Community?
A : PS4 Community name - DJMAX Respect Global Community, created by DJ_Tomato
Discord -
Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.
Q : Digital early purchase bonus?
A : Free dynamic theme with sound effect but no music.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DFjC4HuUAAAa-dN.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DFjC5eTUAAAhA4m.jpg
Q : Available in NA/EU?
A : Coming this March!
Update: Looks like it's coming to the west soon with the game playable in PSX.
Q : Japan though?
A: Available this fall.
Q : Switch? PC?
A : Only announced for PS4, no information beyond that.
Q : I'm new to this series, can I start with this?
A : Yes! This is a reboot/compilation game that will deliver every previous entry in one package (with DLC). But this is an extremely challenging game.
Q : DLC release date?
A : We don't know :(
Q : English version?
A : Yes! English version!
Q:Public Spreadsheet to share unlocks :
A : http://bit.ly/DJMAXRESPECTUNLOCKS

FAQ Section will be updated when people start asking them.
pNfLIJV.png

All songs from past DJMAX will be released as downloadable content.

• DJMAX Clazziquai Edition
  • DJMAX Portable Black Square
  • DJMAX Technika
  • DJMAX Technika 2
  • DJMAX Technika 3
  • DJMAX Portable 3
  • DJMAX Technika Tune
  • DJMAX Ray
  • DJMAX Technika Q

Themes available only for digital early purchase (asia):
DFjC5eTUAAAhA4m.jpg

DFjC4HuUAAAa-dN.jpg

First DLC - Trilogy:

DIsxXNu.png

Guilty Gear cross over DLC:

Second DLC - Clazziquai:

DO-79AIVQAATit5.jpg

Future Collaboration:
15fd33e6aed48bbdc.png

Third DLC - Technika:

7yF6laI.png

Last edited:

wapplew

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Everybody want Djmax time
The groovy funky time
Why don't you join now

Need to work that new layout Matt, copy paste look bad on mobile.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
First image under Music seems to be broken.

Anyways, yay, glad to see this OT came over......now if only the game did the same...

KRaZyAmmo

Oct 25, 2017
Hey! I know I'm not part of this OT community. Just wanted let you know there's a DJMAX Respect x Guilty Gear dlc that may be coming.

Last edited:

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Can't wait for the second DLC. I've already sunk a good 100 hours into this game and have barely scratched the surface of it. Did finally get that damn 999,999 hit combo though. Need to go back and do a few more of the easier trophies. Mission mode can get lost though, some of those are pure evil.

Dangerblade

Oct 25, 2017
Need new songs. Already! December DLC can't come soon enough.

Am I crazy for hoping they turn XB mode into a thing at some point?

Deleted member 8197

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Do we know that the Metro project stuff is dropping in December or is that an educated guess?

I looked at my stats last night, turns out I've put a loooot of time into this game so far (with only moderate improvement) :S

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Finally I could enter ResetEra, I was lurking the OT in the older fórum, but I couldn't buy Respect yet.

But now I have it, and god is way better than I expected. I could finally make use of the Logitech headphones that I have and it makes a world of difference, thanks to those I could get lots of S Rank. Also, I love when I just follow the rhythm of the music and get the right notes, is one of those games that feels right to play

JEKKI

Oct 27, 2017
really want this game but I noticed the Korean version is sold out on Play Asia :(

I really wanted that one coz all my old DJMAX PSP games were from Korea so now it feels weird getting another version.

Any differences between Korean / Asian / and JPN versions? I already have a JPN PSN account since I needed it to buy Battle Garegga, so would Japanese be the way to go since I already have access to the DLC market?

also there's a special edition which comes with the soundtrack!!

Deleted member 8197

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Someone will correct me if I'm wrong but I think the only difference is that the Asian version has English language whereas the Japanese version doesn't.

I think that the main reason why most of us went for the Asian version is because it launched at the end of July, whereas the Japanese version wasn't coming until November.

Roubjon

Oct 25, 2017
The Japanese version comes with 2 exclusive Guilty Gear songs and some Guilty Gear Items. As far as we know that's the only difference.

Oct 27, 2017
Nice OT! Has there been a date yet for when clazziquai dlc might drop? Is it a sure thing it would be available in all region shops that sell the base game? I'd been thinking I would wait until everything was out before deciding between the Asia or Japan versions in case licensing delays, etc. But it looks so good.

JEKKI

Oct 27, 2017
ugh; well snoozers are losers... japanese special edition sold out on play-asia :(

guess it wasn't meant to be

Glas

Oct 30, 2017
whew missed all the drama on gaf

im back

also

There's currently a Halloween event on PSN until October 31th, where you can get a 8% discount voucher for Asian PSN (10% off if you have PS+), this works perfectly with HK and SG regions

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grikLccokqs

Follow the video, and save the code for when new DJMAX Respect DLC get's released or for Trilogy dlc if you haven't got already

Codes will be sent by November 17th and will be valid from 21th november to 28th november

sibarraz

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I hope to have news on the guilty gear collaboration songs avaliability on the rest of the world

Dil777

Oct 30, 2017
Was never able to register on the other forum but have been a fan of the DJ Max series for years - created a HKG account just so I could play Respect! Still on 4 button at the moment.

Any news on if/when there will content from Technika Tune coming? would be great to see the Kara stuff come over

Dangerblade

Oct 25, 2017
Licenced tracks are a bit of an unknown situation at the minute so no Kara, Clazziquai, Cooly's Hot Box, Garion etc confirmed either way

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Eagerly awaiting the next DLC!
Same here. Any concrete news on the release date yet?

That said, I'm still working through the trophy list on the game so I've got plenty of content to get through. Working through as many 6B songs as I can Max Combo, up to 411? songs max combo'ed so far, probably can get that number up a bit further but doubt I'll reach 500 before the next DLC drops. Hopefully the DLC will have new missions as well, as I had a much easier time clearing the first 5-6 missions in the DLC pack than I have with most main game missions. Really need to give them another try though, as I have improved skills wise since starting the game.

Deleted member 8197

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
For the 500 Max Combo trophy: If you haven't played much 8B mode and have the Trilogy dlc it actually has some of the easiest standard charts, you should easily pick up a few more there.

The DLC actually seems to have some fairly soft 10 star difficulty charts too - helped push me over the line for the Testing Your Skill trophy.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
For the 500 Max Combo trophy: If you haven't played much 8B mode and have the Trilogy dlc it actually has some of the easiest standard charts, you should easily pick up a few more there.

The DLC actually seems to have some fairly soft 10 star difficulty charts too - helped push me over the line for the Testing Your Skill trophy.

Good to know about the 10 star difficulty charts. Also worth noting it has some easy charts to hit the 5000 hit combo trophy on as well. Well, easy compared to the base game anyway!

Deleted member 8197

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Patch notes just went up on Facebook. Favourites list is a nice touch:

1.08 Patch Information

The 1.08 patch with various bug fixes has been released.
exactly! Please use the patch after proceeding.

▶ 1.08 Patch History
1. Add the Favorites tab from the Songs list
- You can add / delete songs on the Favorites tab with the R3 button.

2. Added FREE STYLE combo cumulative maintenance function
- When the setting is OFF, all songs start from 0 combo.
- Combo is accumulated only when the setting is ON.

3. Add speed-save function
- The speed setting is saved for each pattern.

4. For The IKARUS, BGA of STOP has been changed.

5. Add Guilty Gear Collaboration Data
- Data has been updated to enable online mode with Japanese users.
- Adding that data is irrelevant to the addition of Guilty Gear songs.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Ugh, at this rate, I might have to give in & import the game considering there's been no damn word of any US version.

Should I get the Japanese version since I already have a JPN PSN account, or get the Korean or Hong Kong version for the English version? Or just continue to wait for the eventual (hopefully) US version? I'm not in any rush to get this, but I've been aching for a new DJMAX game that isn't the 2 PSP games we got, one being super glitchy & the other being grindy as bloody hell.

sibarraz

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I feel that this changelog pretty much confirms that only japan will get the guilty gear songs

Roubjon

Oct 25, 2017
These QOL features are awesome. Saving the speed of a song and a favorites tab are two things I really wanted. Now all they have to do is have the game save which song I was last on in Freestyle mode and start there when I come back. I'm so sick of hearing 2Nite every single time I boot up the game lol.

Jiraiza

Oct 25, 2017
Ugh, at this rate, I might have to give in & import the game considering there's been no damn word of any US version.

Should I get the Japanese version since I already have a JPN PSN account, or get the Korean or Hong Kong version for the English version? Or just continue to wait for the eventual (hopefully) US version? I'm not in any rush to get this, but I've been aching for a new DJMAX game that isn't the 2 PSP games we got, one being super glitchy & the other being grindy as bloody hell.

You could always just download Technika Q on the phone to hold you over.

Oct 29, 2017
These QOL features are awesome. Saving the speed of a song and a favorites tab are two things I really wanted. Now all they have to do is have the game save which song I was last on in Freestyle mode and start there when I come back. I'm so sick of hearing 2Nite every single time I boot up the game lol.

Yah this is amazing! And agreed at the last part too LOL! Oh I can hear it in my head right now thanks a lot!