• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Mogg

Jul 4, 2023
Whenever I see a spider or a centipede in my house I leave it alone. I see those rarely and I almost never see any other type of bug. I'll tolerate them because I assume the alternative is much worse.

Stencil

Oct 30, 2017
USA
I just leave the spiders be, unless my partner sees it. If I can catch a centipede, it's going to die. If it gets away, so be it. Unless my partner sees it.

Ashes of Dreams

Fallen Guardian of Unshakable Resolve
May 22, 2020
I can't think of a bug that freaks me out more (please do not post freaky bugs in response, I can't handle them, not joking)

Bengraven

Powered by Friendshipā„¢
Oct 26, 2017
Florida
Between this and the alligator thread, I think some of y'all need to at least subscribe to Casual Geographic.

DrFunk

Oct 25, 2017
House centipedes are nature's Terminix, but the bad thing is if you see them, you already have an infestation:

pointe-pest.com

What's Causing Your House Centipede Infestation

Blink and you'll miss them. These quick little bugs always seem to evade detection. Here's a few reason why you might have a house centipede infestation.

Nov 4, 2017
but doctor, centipedes are bugs
BUTTDOCTOR?!?!

Here in Australia it's pretty common practice to not kill daddy long legs or huntsman spiders, as they are said to control pests or more dangerous spiders like cockroaches, silverfish and redbacks. If there's a big 6+ inch huntsman in my house, I'll relocate him outside, but I'll let the little ones chill. I presume the same would apply to centipedes?

dejay

Nov 5, 2017
I had the same problem.

Long story short, I swallowed a cow to catch the goat.

Oct 30, 2017
this is like "tidying" the clothes in the corner of your room by covering them up with more clothes so you can't see the original pile.

Kitsunebaby

Oct 27, 2017
Annapolis, Maryland
Our house centipedes mostly just stay in the garage. I wish they'd come inside and eat all the spiders.

The rest of the bugs inside don't bother me much. The silverfish are kinda creepy looking but they don't actually scare me.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
Of course. What, you guys don't have guard spiders, lap spiders, hunting spiders etc?
i think they cross bred them with cats or sommit to make peterbalds

Peterbald-Full-Body.jpg

ReginaldXIV

It's Pronounced "Aerith"
Nov 4, 2017
Minnesota
I hate centipedes. All those legs rushing in your direction. Rather have a spider that chills in the corner of the room all day than a centipede popping out of the vents.

OP
OP

ponzies

Oct 28, 2017
Our house centipedes mostly just stay in the garage. I wish they'd come inside and eat all the spiders.

The rest of the bugs inside don't bother me much. The silverfish are kinda creepy looking but they don't actually scare me.
I'm more concerned about termites and bed bugs. We travel a lot so you never know when you could bring some back.

9wilds

Jan 1, 2022
You guys are fucking crazy. Having giant ass centipedes crawling in your home and you think "oh cool it's eating other bugs." Yo it is a freaking nasty bug. The fuck?

My house backs up to thick woods. I just let the lizards and frogs do their thing. OUTSIDE.

onyx

Dec 25, 2017
I read a children's book similar to this and pretty soon you'll end up with an elephant in your house.

kowhite

May 14, 2019
If I put centipedes in my houseā€¦it means I'll definitely have bugs. And don't give me that technically centipedes aren't insects. It's a creepy crawler kill it with fire.

SneerfulOwl

Nov 4, 2017
House centipedes aren't like ordinary centipedes. They aren't venomous and they basically eat 99% of pests. Pretty harmless to humans. But they do look like spawns from the depths of hell though