• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ponzies

Oct 28, 2017
Tips seem like a huge part of the pay for restaurant and grocery store deliveries in the US. I know tipping in Europe is not like the US so how do deliveries work in Europe? Do they just charge much higher service fees?

Chris.

Oct 27, 2017
Restaurant deliveries sometimes people tip but in most cases it's a "keep the change" which is next to nothing and not like 30% or whatever but not always. It's probably 50/50 or even less with just eat etc. Very rarely would this amount to more than £2 and more often than not less than £1

Grocery deliveries pretty much never , but I'm sure there'll be the odd weird person who does

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
In the UK you pay online for the time slot but there's no tipping.

Same for restaurants, tipping doesn't happen.

Only time I personally tip is at the barber.

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"They're already getting paid to work" is our attitude. Staff don't expect it either.

But if you're at a fancy restaurant it's just basic manners to tip, or at least I think so.

Never tip when we go shopping lol.

Zukuu

Oct 30, 2017
Nope. It's their job and there is no real "extra quality service". So unless you live on the 6th story without a lift "keep the change" is usually the best you get.
There is barely any cash involved anymore anyway. I pay for 99.99% of shit directly via paypal or debit card in stores.

Tabby

Oct 25, 2017
It depends on the delivery service. Places like UberEats and Deliveroo charge around £2-4 for deliveries so while they give you the option to tip, I don't think many people use it.

But delivery drivers who work for a singular takeaway and not for a company like JustEat or Deliveroo, often get tips. It's never anything crazy like you'd see in America though, just like £0-3.