Vanillalite

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Are the days of worrying about IPv4 and strict NATs a thing of the past? Do we know if both will actually us IPv6 for downloads, chat, and multiplayer? Will IPv6 only work if everyone else has it enabled?

Do we know where we are at with all of this currently with the new gen starting?

Oct 27, 2017
Xbox One has always supported IPv6. Not sure about PS. Most routers have it disabled by default and have to be manually turned on in the router software.

sedael

Oct 16, 2020
Idk about PlayStation (although I assume its fine as well) but Xbox has happily used IPv6 since the launch of Xbox One. My Series X is on IPv6 right now

srylain

Jun 15, 2018
Xbox Live even uses Teredo which is some IPv4 to IPv6 tunneling service, AFAIK games like Gears uses it to send text chat data while regular game data doesn't use it.

OP
OP
Vanillalite

Vanillalite

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Xbox Live even uses Teredo which is some IPv4 to IPv6 tunneling service, AFAIK games like Gears uses it to send text chat data while regular game data doesn't use it.

Yeah it was really on a game by game basis despite the option being there last gen. Plus a lot of the info around the Teredo setup was all over the place with a shit ton of FUD to wade through to find the truth.

Captain EZ8

Oct 30, 2017
I have IPv6 enable on my router and IPv6 shows up on the PS5 connection status.
sMrvcgU.jpg