• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Naiad

Aug 27, 2020
Thank you for taking the time and strength to share your story.

You are an inspiration in selflessness.

Thank you for sharing this.

Naiad you are an incredible presence on this forum. Thanks for sharing your story, sending you lots of hugs and my love.

Thank you all for taking the time to read it honestly. I kind of went back and forth if whether or not it was relevant to share. I have my own moments where I can be like "Fuck men sometimes", but I know based on my own experiences and husband that it's not necessarily "all men" like the View paints it out to be. I wanted to show that there are some women out there who by all means have been fucked over by toxic masculinity and the media and can come out okay because of finding someone that doesn't believe in it. That there are men like my husband who exist and there are relationships where it's not a men vs women struggle going on. There's more to a relationship than just reproduction, it can be a lifeline for some.

SoneaB

Oct 18, 2020
UK
Men are fun to sleep with but I don't think I could live with one. I certainly don't need one. I doubt most people feel the same, but I understand the sentiment. I'm not a people person though and haven't bothered with all that faff in longer than some of you have been alive.

Last edited:

fifthblight

Apr 8, 2024
i will say that 90% of the older divorced and/or widowed women i've ever spoken to basically said that they're done with dating because their lives are much simpler without a husband around who may expect her to run his life as well as her own. the widows have an added layer of "he was the love of my life and i feel like i'd be replacing him if i remarried," but the general consensus was "i have so much more free time and peace of mind when i only have to look after my own affairs!"

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
i will say that 90% of the older divorced and/or widowed women i've ever spoken to basically said that they're done with dating because their lives are much simpler without a husband around who may expect her to run his life as well as her own. the widows have an added layer of "he was the love of my life and i feel like i'd be replacing him if i remarried," but the general consensus was "i have so much more free time and peace of mind when i only have to look after my own affairs!"
I know someone who says "Anyone who had a husband like mine wouldn't ever get another", take that as you will

Oct 28, 2017
Germany
I don't know these clowns, but you could tell the second one from the right was the only one not vibing with this dumb segment (like, right from the start, look at 0:10). She obviously didn't like her husband being called a servant or gay for talking about his feelings. As for the others, I don't envy their husbands and sons at all.

Turin

Oct 27, 2017
As someone raised by a single dad(who had a somewhat atypical disposition) and conversely has been taking care of said dad since his stroke for more than half my adult years by myself, it's been fascinating to observe these kinds of conversations and other similar ones.

On one hand, gradually learning about the long miserable arc of women's struggle for liberation to have full autonomy/agency of their own person since like the advent of agriculture has been both humbling and horrifying. I don't really judge most of the belligerent attitudes women express that a lot of men will get up in arms about, especially considering said men can often be so non-instrospective/investigative about how they're conditioned and rigidly molded by generations spanning constructs.

On the other hand, I've become more and more exasperated and apathetic towards the common mentalities exhibited in this binary dominated world. But that's the one we're stuck in 🤷‍♂️

PAFenix

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 21, 2019
Pretty sure an old buddy of mine watches these people. He claims it's "for the lulz" but based on other things he's said, I'm now giving a massive side-eye.

clearacell

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
User Banned (2 Weeks): Misogynistic rhetoric across multiple posts
I hope they have sons that they can sit down and tell they are just useless drags on society.

Anyways, if I've learned anything from white feminism is that white women aren't looking for equality, they are looking for their turn to be the oppressors. If there were no men, white women would be right there waiting to be the jerks of society

Conditional-Pancakes

The GIFs of Us
Jun 25, 2020
the wilderness
I hope they have sons that they can sit down and tell they are just useless drags on society.

Anyways, if I've learned anything from white feminism is that white women aren't looking for equality, they are looking for their turn to be the oppressors. If there were no men, white women would be right there waiting to be the jerks of society

I'm sorry, but what the fuck is this post?

I get you're reacting to the bullshit in the video, but come on. It looks like deep inside all you really want to do is dunk on the concept of feminism.

Naiad

Aug 27, 2020

Just when I thought the video was the worst new post.

clearacell

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm sorry, but what the fuck is this post?

I get you're reacting to the bullshit in the video, but come on. It looks like deep inside all you really want to do is dunk on the concept of feminism.

No, I'm all for equality. I'm all for collaboration amongst everyone. What I'm not about is the "men are trash/useless" rhetoric that is just about as unproductive as men saying women are trash.

I'm specifying "white feminists" as opposed to "intersectional" because the latter can see we people are oppressed but just in different ways, therefore they are in a greater position to collaborate to grow as a society, as opposed to other types that are seeking revenge for their own oppression.

echoshifting

very salt heavy
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The Negative Zone
No, I'm all for equality. I'm all for collaboration amongst everyone. What I'm not about is the "men are trash/useless" rhetoric that is just about as unproductive as men saying women are trash.

I'm specifying "white feminists" as opposed to "intersectional" because the latter can see we people are oppressed but just in different ways, therefore they are in a greater position to collaborate to grow as a society, as opposed to other types that are seeking revenge for their own oppression.

This is a wildly distorted, misogynistic interpretation of reality. White feminism has its problems but to present white feminist women as revenge-seeking, would-be oppressors is deeply fucked.

Status
Not open for further replies.