Oct 27, 2017
Absolutely. Some of the anti-consumer practices deserve the response the market gives

True. This is why i want Fifa FUT and its gambling practices to fail and bring EA down with its colossal fail. Hoping it will happen like it happened in Belgium, but it's extremely unlikely. Honestly i feel videgames market would be better without EA.

Hoo-doo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
When developers test the waters with clear predatory tactics and/or microtransactions or lootboxes, I sometimes feel a sense of justice when I see the community push back. That doesn't mean I want games to fail and companies to go bankrupt, but I enjoy when companies get a clear message on what the community thinks about their decisions in terms of monetisation. Sometimes gamers are way too damn gullible and can't see the forest for the trees when it comes to anti-consumer bullshit when it's a franchise they happen to love.

bane833

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Of course. Seeing microtransaction filled GaaS crap burn to the ground is always a pleasure.

Deleted member 49535

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 10, 2018
No, absolutely not.

People need to stop feeling elation when a game succeeds, IMO. Its the more damaging reaction. Like, as a consumer, the only thing we really need to concern ourselves with is if the game is enjoyable or not. Theres a thread in ERA right now, "Are you worried about Sekiro" but not a single person is talking about being worried that the game might not be enjoyable. Every damn person is talking about worrying that the marketing budget is too low, or the lack of PVP might hurt sales, or its not the right time to launch a new IP

Holy lord, yall are not junior executives at From Software, what do you give a ding dong diddly crap about any of that? Lets just worry about it being enjoyable first and foremost.
Are you new to gaming? People treat gaming companies as if they were sports teams. If they make money I win, if they don't I lose.

A bit more on-topic, I used to feel this whenever a franchise went in a direction I disliked, hoping it would change the minds of the developers behind it and go back to what it was. But that almost never happens, usually the franchise will simply die, so nothing to feel good about it.

Listai

50¢ - "This guy are sick"
Oct 27, 2017
I'll admit I kind of smirked when lawbreakers ate shit.

... Then all of those hard working devs lost their jobs (and Bleszinski lied about how much he paid after the studio folded)

Last edited:

Deleted member 23381

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
All the time, not because I particularly care about the specific games, it's just fun to watch products crash and burn.