Do you guys like getting Classically Abby advertisements on YouTube?

• Yes because I’m a masochist

Votes: 12 2.8%
  • No, fuck the Shapiros

Votes: 267 62.8%
  • Let’s say, hypothetically, that I did, in fact, get my wife wet

Votes: 146 34.4%

• Total voters

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pretty sure she just pays for ads. She also has a fashion blog filled with Amazon affiliate links

BJ515Q9.png

GkJpaHA.png

PWzZyn2.jpg

Jakisthe

Oct 25, 2017
Why on earth would someone still be getting ads on youtube? I guess if you have to be on mobile? I mean, heck, I even have that addon that skips over sponcon.

THube

Oct 27, 2017
I started getting ads for right-wing stuff on YT after watching a minecraft video one afternoon lmao (after never having really watched any before). Cool work, guys.

V has come to

Dec 4, 2019
i can't imagine watching youtube without adblock (or paying for YT premium for that matter). i did see her at on YT mobile once but i hardly watch YT on anything other than my computer

Deleted member 4346

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yes, YouTube pushed the hell out of "Classically Abby" and yes she sucks. I used to think, "well she's not a public figure, just because she's Ben Shapiro's sister she doesn't deserve to be mocked", but then I saw this:

No, she's cut from the same cloth as her brother. Comparing coming out as a conservative to coming out gay or trans? FOH.

Sanka

Banned
Feb 17, 2019
First time I heard about this guy having a sister. That's weird. She is probably as much of a shithead as her brother, so I regret being aware of her now.

OP
OP
pleaseinsertdisctwo
Oct 31, 2017
Presumably the same way they're handled everywhere else on the internet? It tracks your behavior across the site and on different sites (with tracking cookies), creates a "profile" that attempts to determine yours interest and demographics based on those interests, correlates that with other people with similar profiles, and through some use of weighting serves you ads they think might be relevant to you.

Asking if I know specifically how Youtube works is like asking "Hey, do you have access to the source code of this company?". Of course I don't, but ad targeting isn't a huge mystery. The specifics and tweaking are unique to different ad networks, but on a high level they all work pretty much exactly as I described.

Again, I'm not accusing you of being a conservative, I'm saying whatever you're watching or whatever demographic it believes you're in seems to resonate with her content unfortunately
I'm a gay atheist liberal male. There's hardly any bone in my body that even slightly resembles "conservative." How about you just accept that you're not exactly sure how it works? Your post is insulting not only because you're suggesting that people getting her ads are not only "similar" in a way to conservatives, but are lying about it to ourselves and others. Lol. How about just stop trying to be a smart ass

Jakisthe

Oct 25, 2017
Some of you need to be more honest about what you're actually browsing. Anytime there's one of these threads about targeted ads I find myself not getting any of those. When I see ads it's pretty clear why I'm seeing them
Google builds profiles on what *gets engagement*, not simply what someone wants to see. Someone who leans very left might get these ads because the algorithm has demonstrated that people who are big into breadtube and the like are more likely to watch response videos about them - so the source is the content - pause to read the comments, hate comment themselves, hate watch, etc etc. It very much is *not* simply about "something you would enjoy seeing", it's "something you'd have a harder time ignoring".

Oct 27, 2017
I'm a gay atheist liberal male. There's hardly any bone in my body that even slightly resembles "conservative." How about you just accept that you're not exactly sure how it works? Your post is insulting not only because you're suggesting that people getting her ads are not only "similar" in a way to conservatives, but are lying about it to ourselves and others. Lol. How about just stop trying to be a smart ass
I don't think you really understood what I wrote, but you clearly think I'm implying you're a conservative and I dont care enough to explain again how I'm not

Google builds profiles on what *gets engagement*, not simply what someone wants to see. Someone who leans very left might get these ads because the algorithm has demonstrated that people who are big into breadtube and the like are more likely to watch response videos about them - so the source is the content - pause to read the comments, hate comment themselves, hate watch, etc etc. It very much is *not* simply about "something you would enjoy seeing", it's "something you'd have a harder time ignoring".
Yeah, but I don't know why you're using that quote when I never specifically said the recommendations are for think it think you'll "like". They ultimately want engagement. That takes the form of actually watching them, clicking on them, commenting, sharing, etc.

The irony is that I seldom see there ads/content probably because the few times I do I flat out ignore them or block them. OP, on the other hand, despite not being someone who actually wants to see them, has now shared one of her videos thus validating the algorithm's decision to show them to him in the first place (and will probably cause similar content to be shown slightly more) 🤷🏽‍♂️

Edit: Correction, a picture, not a broken video like I assumed for some reason

Last edited:
OP
OP
pleaseinsertdisctwo
Oct 31, 2017
I don't think you really understood what I wrote, but you clearly think I'm implying you're a conservative and I dont care enough to explain again how I'm not

Yeah, but I don't know why you're using that quote when I never specifically said the recommendations are for think it think you'll "like". They ultimately want engagement. That takes the form of actually watching them, clicking on them, commenting, sharing, etc.

The irony is that I seldom see there ads/content probably because the few times I do I flat out ignore them or block them. OP, on the other hand, despite not being someone who actually wants to see them, has now shared one of her videos thus validating the algorithm's decision to show them to him in the first place (and will probably cause similar content to be shown slightly more) 🤷🏽‍♂️
What even was the point of your original post? "Some of you need to be more honest" is how you started off. Which is ridiculous. Why would anyone complaining about this not be honest about the content they consume?

P.S. show me where in this thread I put up a link to a video of hers.

Powdered Egg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Would never have heard of her but for this thread. The parents raised a bunch of racist grifters huh lol.

Nov 14, 2017
Strong start to the thread with that OP/poll combo.

You have to feel for Shapiro. He knows he's never going to experience that growth spurt, so instead he has prepared his mind to be theoretically capable of experiencing a period of rapid development in the future.

Jakisthe

Oct 25, 2017

I refer to that quote because - and maybe I read it wrong - you seem to suggest that people are being untoward about what they're searching and browsing. I wanted to reply like I did to give further credence to the idea that someone might get a lot of these ads and not themselves be a chud. Otherwise, I'm not sure what you meant that people are not being honest about what they're actually browsing, but that could be on me.

OP
OP
pleaseinsertdisctwo
Oct 31, 2017

You have to feel for Shapiro. He knows he's never going to experience that growth spurt, so instead he has prepared his mind to be theoretically capable of experiencing a period of rapid development in the future.

Yeah he's a sad sack of shit. He's that guy with a car with the obnoxiously loud engine to make up for his tiny dick, but in a far more toxic and dangerous form.

reKon

Oct 25, 2017
www.resetera.com

I keep getting ads for Classical Abby on YouTube and it won't stop...

If you don't know who is, "Classically Abby" is Ben Shapiro's sister. I have no desire to ever watch this content and I'd rather not see her face show up in my feed. Apparently Google doesn't give a fuck about my ad preferences? Why do they try to make look like you have the choice to not ever...

At some point they finally disappeared, but it was like this for many many weeks I think...

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017

You don't just... grow muscles as part of a growth spurt. Shapiro should have consulted with his doctor wife for research on this.

Sybil

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I used to get her ads all the time, but now I get trashy gacha ads... one evil for another

Anyway, Abby's existence is hilarious given how "buh liberal arts degrees are literally useless" Ben is. His sister has a bloody masters in opera.

(1:39 is the money note)

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
I used to get her ads all the time, but now I get trashy gacha ads... one evil for another

Anyway, Abby's existence is hilarious given how "buh liberal arts degrees are literally useless" Ben is. His sister has a bloody masters in opera.

Is she tall👀

mentok15

Dec 20, 2017
Australia
No. maybe as I don't watch that much political stuff on YouTube, or that I'm Australian and the algorithm is location sensitive.

Oct 27, 2017
Jesus, what a rabbit hole.

Im now aware of the existence of the, uh, khazar region from around 900

Edit: it's some other piece of history that antisemites have some weird unsupported warped theory about

Turin

Oct 27, 2017
I've only seen people make jokes about her on twitter. Glad that's been my only exposure to her. She seems like a ridiculous person.

Only ads I get on YouTube these days are for deodorant, which are just slightly less obnoxious than the manly soap ads.

toastyToast

Oct 26, 2017
Thankfully I haven't been recommended anything from this sphere of people including her dumb ass brother

The issue is if you're not logged in and watch a random video your recommendations are all right wing grifter types and fox news panels

Why the hell does that happen?

CanUKlehead

Oct 30, 2017
Holy shit I've been on <unnamed YT alternative that has some benefits of the paid YT> for like a month and I totally forgot ads even existed.

Even on proper YT, I usually browse Incognito, so no, I haven't got her ads.

Space Gomez

Oct 28, 2017

If you think this is awful, you should hear the episode Behind the Bastards did on this book.

Edit: Oh my god they've done multiple episodes about this one book

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
Bruh how are you not using VANCED ? forget premium just use vanced lmao jeez

naib

Oct 25, 2017
ATX

That forced vibrato shit makes me want to put a screw driver in my ear.

Luckily she doesn't show up in my feed and I'm not gonna fuck it up now

Carbon

Deploying the stealth Cruise Missile
Oct 27, 2017
Bruh how are you not using VANCED ? forget premium just use vanced lmao jeez
Vanced is life.

And I always just assumed channels like Classically Abby were getting bankrolled by some wealthy donor (possibly tied to Shapiro) wanting to push a conservative agenda on YouTube. Where else would someone like this get hundreds of thousands in advertising dollars?