Will you/Have You replayed Last of us 2 because of its quality?

• Yes

Votes: 922 50.2%
  • No

Votes: 914 49.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BoxManLocke

Oct 25, 2017
France
Finishing up Grounded right now. Tense as fuck, a couple of difficulty spikes obviously but not nearly as frustrated as I thought it would be especially considering I hadn't played it in over a year.

Also, 60 fps and the story is still masterful and beautifully told.

delete

Jul 4, 2019
I waited for the ps5 patch before borrowing it from my friend. Finished it the first time on survivor and then, replayed it on grounded+ difficulty, enjoyed the game even more that time around. Don't really have any inclination to play it again though.

burnfout

Oct 27, 2017
Playing it now for the third time.

Loved it waay more the second time.

The brilliance really comes out the second run.

psynergyadept

Shinra Employee
Oct 26, 2017
I did for my plat run when the 60fps patch; will play again is that rumored full PS5 upgrade happens.

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Yeah eventually. Especially ahead of a part 3, or whenever I do get a PS5 and they have a performance patch for 60fps. I really loved it and I enjoyed replaying the TLoU remaster before it, literally finishing the night before 2 came out.

The Benz

Oct 27, 2017
I have a desire to experience the game's mechanics again, but the story is too much of a drag to play through. That's why I'm waiting for Factions.

sionydus

Jan 2, 2021
West Coast, USA
I replayed it once already. I have a custom difficulty save (smartest AI, highest damage, and low resources but not all the way low so I can have the occasional stress-free shootout) ready to jump into whenever I'm in the mood. Hasn't happened yet lol

Let's see when the remaster and multiplayer releases

Commodore64

Oct 25, 2017
I immediately started a new game after finishing it the first time on a higher difficulty. Which is saying something considering A: I rarely finish a game the first time and B: I wasn't a huge fan of the original.

Dee Bill

Oct 28, 2017
Montreal
Gameplay is amazing but the story while good, is very heavy to digest. Lots of depressing moments. I like to go back to it to simply play some sessions of the game here and there.

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I've played through it twice and I really wanna go through it again.
The first play through was awesome
My second NG+ run was full on catharsis
And I'd love to go again to round out some trophies. The only thing that's really keeping me from a replay is how long jackson feels.

FRANKEINSTEIN

Oct 27, 2017
AZ
If the rumor of TLOU getting a remake is true, I'll most likely replay 2 afterwards. Actually be interesting to see how I am with Abby at the beginning of the game because I couldn't stand her at first during my playthrough but by the end did a complete 180.

Abrasion Test

Oct 27, 2017
It was a hell of an experience the first time but I don't think I need to play it again. Just a bit too much rifling through drawers and reading hand written notes notes for me.

{Marvelous}

Jan 2, 2018
Unlike with the first game I like the gameplay so I've played it a few times. Not too hot on the story in either though.

ToddBonzalez

The Pyramids? That's nothing compared to RDR2
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I go back and play individual encounters from time to time. Combat in that game is a blast. Dunno if I'll ever do a full playthrough again. Maybe someday.

Bede-x

Oct 25, 2017
Not in it's current incarnation, but if they found a way to remove the player having to search for and pick up garbage everywhere, I might do it. It just drags down the pacing to a crawl that you have to open and search everything. Really poor design that basically consist of the player running along every piece of geometry, until there's something to pick up.

With out the crafting and thus without the built in pace killer, it would probably still be too long, but it would at least be much improved.

Crumrin

Banned
Feb 27, 2020
I didn't feel like replaying it right away because it's a pretty emotional and exhausting journey, I felt genuinely drained and depressed, and I say this as a huge compliment to the game, Part II made me feel things like no other game. It's one hell of an achievement!

I did my second playthrough several months later, which allowed me to better appreciate the incredible work done by Naughty Dog.

Feb 16, 2018
maybe in 2030 or later after i forget every level and most of the story, but i think there will be better shooting games and better stealth games to play by then

i almost never replay linear games until many years have passed

the action has to be really really good, and 3rd person cover shooter with controller headshots isn't that. it became an okay stealth game after the bow, but it's mostly about patience, not any decision-making

for these designs to work, there needs to be an actual tradeoff between fast/risky and slow/safe, but i didn't see any. raiding every cabinet for supplies is also boring. it's bad enough when every level is new and you're exploring/discovering where things are, but in an immediate replay it would just be memorizing

upgrading stats/weapons is the only choice. maybe that would provide a tiny amount of variety/change in a replay, but it's not enough.

it's also too long of a game, more interested in bombarding us with narrative and traversal quests rather than providing something replayable. which is fine because i didn't expect anything beyond that. i played it for the interactive movie, and that's what i got. i wish it was shorter, but oh well

ND has improved since the ps3 days, but they're still not making masterpieces. when uncharted was new and this great leap forward in narratrive/storytelling/presentation, i tried to replay that after beating it. i gave up very quickly. when you take away the puzzle of where to go next / how to get there and there's no mystery / suspense of what happens next, these games having nothing left

KORNdog

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Yes. And I have done. And will likely do again. It's an awesome game.

Tbh there's only 2 kinda of games I can't imagine myself never replaying...those are games that are excessively long. The Witcher 3's, Skyrims and Fallouts of the world basically...and assassin's creed valhalla!...time sinks basically.

Or ironically interactive story type games like heavy rain, detroit or telltale games...you'd think the shorter lengths, dialogue choices and adaptive storylines would encourage replays. But I tend to feel like my first playthrough with my initial choices is MY story...and so I have absolutely no desire to see alternative paths.

Last edited:

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017
No.

• Once you got the Platinum, have no desire to play it again.
  • No extra contents (multiplayer, minigames a-la Mercenary or Days Gone's Challenge Modes, etc) in and/or outside of single player game.
  • The storyline & theme is still mentally exhausting, although I probably don't care about it anymore now.
  • Rather play other games or just watch professional YouTube playthrough instead for story/gameplay reminder.

Radec

Oct 26, 2017
Probably gonna reply for my remaining trophies.

Its a great game. But a depressing one.

Gunny T Highway

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
I enjoyed the game when I played it. But really was a one and done for me. I have no urge to replay it.

LazyLain

Jan 17, 2019
Loved it, but nah... I'm more likely to seek out streams/let's plays to vicariously relive that first-time experience than replay it myself, same goes for the first one.

shaneo632

Weekend Planner
Oct 29, 2017
Wrexham, Wales
No. I loved it but it was one of the most stressful and exhausting games I've ever played. Maybe if it was 10-15 hours long but 20+ was just too emotionally draining.

Indelible

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
One of my favorite games on PS4 but I never want to play it again, took me awhile to recover from that game emotionally.

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
Nah, that story was fucked up and I don't feel like going through that again. Maybe when factions is a thing.

JoJo'sDentCo

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
Tried replaying it this week. Couldn't really enjoy it a second time. :/

Replayed the shit out of P1. Dunno. Part 2 just doesn't feel fun to experience again.

jobrro

The Fallen
Nov 19, 2017
I don't really replay games anyway, but even if I did I wouldn't want to. I played at launch and even now I think it would need to be a few more years until I would even want to revisit that world in a TLOU3 or even a smaller Lost Legacy type game.

Lari

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Yes, it's a good game.
I had a big dislike of the story the first go round, but i'm willing to see how i'd feel about it a second time.

Kotze282

Oct 27, 2017
Not really. Maybe in a couple of years when there is like a remaster or something. But I would be dreading the second half.

CHC

Oct 27, 2017
Once I get a PS5 for sure

Loved the gameplay for its own sake, was more than just the story that carried me through.

Mecha

Shinra Employee
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Honduras
Did my replay just after finishing it the first time and got the plat. I'm waiting for a native PS5 version for a replay. (Hopefully with some Abby DLC)

YukiroCTX

Prophet of Regret
Oct 30, 2017
Yes but not anytime soon. Amazing game but it was also really bleak kind of game too for the most part I don't really wish to try for a while.