Kylo Rey

Banned
Dec 17, 2017
After a season 7 with so many inconsistencies, bad story plot and bad use of characters...i wonder.

Season 6 was awesome and i still can't understand how they made that "whigt" plot nonsense.
There was good moments (Daenerys VS Jaime, Olenna Tyrell...Even Theon redeemed was good.

But then there was episode 5-6-7... =/
Many complains about fan fictions and we ll know that GRRM isn't on the show anymore (and sometimes he spit poison on it...) .

So i'm kinda scared about the final season and i'm kinda sad that most people will know GoT by the tv show and won't read the books.
You can talk about GoT without mentionning GRRM now . That must be awful for him even if TWOW and ADOS will be very different than the tv show.

So...still some faith?

PatMan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The show went off the deepend after season 3, and wasn't good after season 1, so no, I don't.

Sephzilla

Herald of Stoptimus Crime
Oct 25, 2017
I do. Plus I found season 7 entertaining despite some of it's flaws and generally think people were too critical of it.

This is probably the only conclusion to the story we'll get too since I doubt GRRM is going to actually finish the book series.

Jackpot

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Nope. Will be a total rush job with plenty of moments leaving you saying "But why didn't the characters just do this?"

Should be some nice action setpieces though.

ShortNasty

Dec 15, 2017
Nope. They lost me a long time ago. Only in it for Arya to start playing some real Murderball (TM). Everything else is butt.

dmoe

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yes. Because people are going to be so mad that its not a happy ending. I have a feeling we are going to lose a lot of favorites. Bring it on

OP
OP
Kylo Rey

Kylo Rey

Banned
Dec 17, 2017
I do. Plus I found season 7 entertaining despite some of it's flaws and generally think people were too critical of it.

This is probably the only conclusion to the story we'll get too since I doubt GRRM is going to actually finish the book series.

We will never know what Littlefinger plan is.
This is awful.

Sephzilla

Oct 25, 2017

Joe

Oct 25, 2017
Not really, no. If the rapid decline in wuality wasn't enough to kill my hype, the extra long break between seasons was the nail in the coffin. It feels like the people behind the show just got bored of it, and they've been rushing to finish it off so they can do something else.

Oct 29, 2017
I have no faith whatsoever in the plot but I'm expecting at least 1 or 2 cool action scenes so at least it'll be somewhat entertaining. lol

OP
OP
Kylo Rey

Kylo Rey

Banned
Dec 17, 2017
Not really, no. If the rapid decline in wuality wasn't enough to kill my hype, the extra long break between seasons was the nail in the coffin. It feels like the people behind the show just got bored of it, and they've been rushing to finish it off so they can do something else.

This is the reason of GoT in 2019.
All 2018 budget goes to:

Westworld.jpg

Duane

Unshakable Resolve
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I mean, I expect it to be big loud and shocking, and kinda dumb but with some clever twists. Just like it's always been. It ain't Shakespeare, it never was. But whatever powder keg craziness they've had prepared for the ending all these years is going to be a big crazy spectacle, and of course I'm looking forward to it.

Gonzalez

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No, but I've already excepted that it was already going to be the case as soon as they got further away from the incomplete book series.

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
Not really. It will probably just be good television, as opposed to the "god-tier" variety of the earlier seasons.

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
At least it's going to have an ending. That's more than you can say for the books.

Jombie

Oct 27, 2017
Not really, it's a shell of what it once was. They've fucked the characters up so badly that I really don't give a shit what happens to any of them.

Luchashaq

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
No D&D are a joke and can't even handle the most basic of plot threads without shitting all over themselves. The last 2-3 seasons in particular have been so bad (except for the acting) that I only have watched for the unintentional comedy.

Fubar

Oct 25, 2017
The latest season had high highs and low lows. I am confident that they will make an entertaining season that closes out the series with a somewhat satisfying ending, though (like many) I fully expect it to get shown up by whoever ends up finishing the series in book form.

Sanderson seems likely to me. He has done it before with Wheel of Time, writes at a high enough level, and is proficient enough to get it done in a year or two if he puts his other stuff aside.

OP
OP
Kylo Rey

Kylo Rey

Banned
Dec 17, 2017
His plan was to bullshit his way to the Iron Throne and never get caught doing so.

And then he got caught.

The book series has arguably declined even more than the show

Books and tv show suggest a more secretive plan than that.
And then tv show dropped GRRM since season 5 and LF became dull.

Why season 6 was praised? Because they follow AFFC and ADWD and some chapter from TWOW.

Follow the books. Don't do fanfic

The Unsent

Oct 25, 2017
I think it'll be an entertaining action thriller like Battle of the Bastards or the Spoils of War but I don't expect as much originality or depth as GRR Martin's more guided vision in the first four series.

Oct 25, 2017
They'll deliver on spectacle, but there's only so much that can happen with the plot at this point. Like, outside of something like Cersei actually surviving I strongly doubt we'll get anything crazy. Though I might suspect that the closer we get to the ending the more GRRM material they actually have to work with, since endings and how everyone gets there tends to be more specific than not.

Mercurial

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Not really. The hastened pace last season resulted in a much higher volume of sloppy cinematography, pacing, and utilization of teleportation. It was jarring.

Tambini

Oct 25, 2017
I predict it will have some really stupid bits / lots of bad writing but it will be enjoyable nonetheless

gforguava

Oct 25, 2017
Gods no. They've reached a point where I think it is literally impossible for them to pull off a satisfactory ending to this whole mess.

Robdraggoo

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I do, I love the show. It's been a rollercoaster of quality but I like the good with the bad. And the bad, isn't even THAT bad.

Oct 27, 2017
As a book reader I have been holding off an watching anything past season 5 as not to spoil anything. Just waiting for those last two books to come out...

DM7i0gA.jpg

Strangelove_77

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah. I liked last season.
I also feel like everyone puts it on a pedestal as far as writing goes. Its definitely better written than most shows, but it doesn't stand alone...at all. Theres better written shows.

Its a soap opera with dragons and gore. Its fun.

Last edited:

Visanideth

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I really don't think a saga like GoT can have a truly satisfying conclusion. It's quite impossible to give the right amount of closure to all the threads the story has left hanging, and balancing between the shock value the books are known for an actually giving some sense of purpose to the story is something even Martin has been struggling with.

I'm going to enjoy but I know I won't be "happy" about it, and it's fine.

OP
OP
Kylo Rey

Kylo Rey

Banned
Dec 17, 2017
I do, I love the show. It's been a rollercoaster of quality but I like the good with the bad. And the bad, isn't even THAT bad.

Littlefinger plan will be unknown
We will never know who sent the assassin to Bran in season 1 (IT WASN'T LF)
Gendry gotta go fast
Night king goes Olympic
Daenerys travel westeros in one episod and was stuck during 2 seasons at Esssos
The whigs plot...

I mean, even Lost didn"t had so much inconsistencies.

Praetorpwj

Nov 21, 2017
The weaknesses of the last few series are largely reflective of Martin's text which has been treading water since book three.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
I desperately WANT to.

That being said I don't. Not really anyway. The number of episodes just seem so few to wrap up such a massive story.

That's why I am looking forward to reading the actual canon of what happens when the books come out in a few decades.

But I will be there day 1. If only to see the Burlington bar reactions lol

Sephzilla

Oct 25, 2017
The White Walkers win and the moral of the story is "Politics and infighting are stupid and ultimately accomplish nothing. Quit being dicks and actually get stuff done."

Nov 9, 2017
I don't have faith it will be as good as some of the earlier seasons, but I do really want to watch and am very excited for the ending.