Votes: 201 17.9%

• Total voters
OP
OP
Gold Arsene

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You can like something and have valid complaints about it. I enjoyed my time and have fond memories even if I wouldn't subject myself to another 80-90 hours of it again. Game should have had 30% of it cut
I'm not saying you can't(though I personally disagree that any of it should be cut.)

It's just depending on which threads you look at you'd think this game was despised or something. So I was just curious.

This isn't meant to be a "do you think P5 is GotG" thread.

Just a basic do you like it?

HMD

Oct 26, 2017
Do I like it? Absolutely.

Do I think it's the best Persona? No, P4 still holds that title

December needs to be reworked, Cutting some content would have made it better game.

Oct 25, 2017
I have played all of them except for Persona 4 (working on that) and Persona 5 is my favorite Persona game of them all.

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
I can't really vote, since I haven't actually played it yet; despite really anticipating it prior to its launch. I loved the aesthetic, but the one thing I did not care much for in the previous games was an even bigger focus for P5, so it was a hard pass. I guess if I had played it, I already know that I would have come to quickly not like it much, and once I reached the last 10-20 hours, I would just end up quitting due to pacing. I even almost bought it when it was on sale for like $15 last year.

deadfolk

Oct 25, 2017
I adore 3 and 4, but just could not get into 5. I'll give it another go if it reaches the Switch. I cannot see myself playing it any more stuck in front of the TV.

Joyful

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's alright
I have to wonder if the people that absolutely love this game played 3/4
It's better in a lot of ways and worse in others

Still I'm hopeful p5r can fix stuff

jawzpause

Nov 7, 2017
It was my first persona game. I put about 15-20 hours into it before i gave up. I might take another crack at it but it got so boring. I think the intro is just too long

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The thing I've always been curious to hear is how many newcomers disliked it. Persona 5 would have been a lot of peoples first Persona game and a lot of the time when I see people disappointed in the game it's due to expectations coming off of the previous games (mainly 4).

*raises hand

Cyberninja776

Oct 28, 2017
I like it, not as much as 2&3 but more than 1&4. It's also probably the most stylish game I've ever played so it has that going for it.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
It's a vocal minority whining about it all the time.

Persona 5 is a phenomenal game.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Meh. It's stylish, but it's over-long, mostly boring, and staggeringly repetitive. And none of the characters are particularly well-written or likeable.

I don't hate it, but it's massively overhyped.

BeatNinja

Oct 25, 2017
Nah it's wack. Rides on the coattails of its predecessors too hard and the original stuff it does have to offer is weak.

A step forward for dungeon design and combat for the series, but a step back for story and characters.

Tfritz

Oct 25, 2017
Not particularly, no. The structure plays too close to Persona 4, there are a lot of issues with the narrative, it actively discourages you from engaging with the gameplay* (but then so many of the criticisms of it are about how long the dungeons are, so maybe that's what most of y'all want?), but at the same time the pseudo-stealth mechanics were really tedious, and upping the number of girlfriends the main character can have just felt desperate.

I am interested to see how Persona 6 turns out, if they manage to make it with Hashino.

*Although now that I think about it, it also kind of discourages you from engaging in the Social Link stuff too because of how much the story sequences monopolize your time.

weebro

Banned
Nov 7, 2018
It's a vocal minority whining about it all the time.

Persona 5 is a phenomenal game.

Persona 5 is not only the best selling title in the series but the best selling Atlus game ever. That means it brought in a lot of new people and understandably, some of them didn't like it.

It also doesn't help that its a solid 100 hour game whereas its predecessor could be completed in 60.

ArjanN

Oct 25, 2017
Sure. It's very stylish and better than most JRPGs. It has pacing and story issues though.

I think the disconnect is that superfans (of anything really) tend to see any criticism as people hating on it.

OuterLimits

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
It's ok. I prefer the cast and plot of 3 and 4 way more. Dungeons and battles were fun. Morgana is awful though

lemonade

May 8, 2018
There are too many god damn whiners on this forum. Reading their posts will make you wonder why these geniuses are not working at Naughty Dog.

Deleted member 46493

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 7, 2018
Love Persona 5 and 100%d it but then I got P4G and I've played that way more... need to get back into it for the platinum! Couldn't get into Persona 3 FES or Portable :( And I loved SMT Nocturne and SMTIV!

Cokesouls

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I also don't understand how you can think P4 is better than 5.
P5 had a better story, better social links, better dungeons, WAYYYYY better gameplay (ain't even close) and a better villain.

OST comes down to preference obviously, I like and dislike tracks from both. The main cast in both games is also 50/50, some characters are just way better than others.

I did play P4 first and at the time it was my favorite JRPG, but 5 just overtook it for me.

P4 lovers, please explain why you prefer 4. I need to understand.

AgentLampshade

Sweet Commander
Oct 25, 2017
It has its problems, but that's not to say I didn't like it. A mediocre Persona game is still a damn fine game.

Strangelove_77

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Most people like it but the few that dislike it REALLY dislike it and will trash it in every thread it's brought up, so it seems like it's a bigger number of detractors.

RadiantDan

Oct 26, 2017
Michigan
I got it for Christmas and loved it up until the final arc. I'm currently doing a second playthrough. I don't play a whole lot of JRPGs and it's very rare for me to finish one of this length, let alone want to play it again.

My only history with the series is giving P4 a shot some years back but putting it down about 10 or so hours in.

TheMrPliskin

Oct 26, 2017
It's alright

I loved both P3 and P4. P3 suffers due to not having a definitive version but I do think that it has the strongest cast is the series, P4G was my favourite game of all time before P5 and I think P5 takes it's place.

P4G is probably the most consistent Persona game but I think the highs of 3 + 5 are significantly higher than 4.
Do you think it's a case of the series not being for you or is the idea something you'd be into and the execution lets it down?

funky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yes.

But ultimately its just Persona 4 in a city setting and I expected more considering how long it took to make and the jump in hardware.

Tfritz

Oct 25, 2017
Yes.

But ultimately its just Persona 4 in a city setting and I expected more considering how long it took to make and the jump in hardware.

They obviously wanted to play it super safe because it was their first quote-unquote full length HD title, which to me is what makes Persona 6 so intriguing: Will they just keep playing it safe, or will they do something interesting and actually innovate on the formula.

Nickgia

Dec 30, 2017
I like it, but it's still the worst persona game and I consider it a massive disappointment compared to 4.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's alright

I hate both P3 and P4 (P1/2 for life) but P5 was the closest to recapturing what I loved about the past titles. It's so slick and stylish, with likable characters and actual meat to the gameplay.