• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Topic Title

• Yes, I buy all sorts of expensive shit on my phone

Votes: 257 57.8%
  • No, big screen = big money

Votes: 188 42.2%

• Total voters

Saiyaman

Dec 19, 2017
Ofc. I prefer to research on my laptop/desktop thanks to the screen real estate, but when it comes to purchasing, I have no qualms with using my phone.

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
i mean, i probably should make purchases on my phone more as it's 2024. but I think the only thing i use it for in that regard is Uber rides

Oct 28, 2017
Siloam Springs
If it's not a complicated expensive purchase, on the phone. If I need to run comparisons and research desktop/laptop.

The biggest thing I've purchased on a phone, technically was a house: signed the docs on my phone while driving across the country to move into it sight unseen (never again).

Zen Hero

Oct 25, 2017
It's more about how much information I have to type in, that's why I would prefer to buy plane tickets on a laptop.

bmdubya

Nov 1, 2017
Colorado
Made my last two big purchases on my phone: a new TV from Best Buy and plane tickets. The era of big purchases on your phone is here!

Fjordson

Oct 25, 2017
It's funny, I kinda get what they mean. It does feel more "appropriate" for lack of a better term to do it in my office chair on my desktop.

That being said, I guess I sort of split the difference in that my most used device at home these days is my iPad Pro. So most purchases are made while I'm using that, even big ones.

SinOfHeart

Shinra Employee
Oct 27, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
Most purchases I'd be fine doing on a phone, although if it is something I feel like I want to research or shop around for then I'd prefer to do it on a laptop/PC where it will be quicker.

If what I'm doing involves a wire transfer from a bank account I'll for sure do it on a laptop/PC as I feel more comfortable being able to have two windows to quickly check and make sure I've entered everything correctly.

Bengraven