Baphomet

Dec 8, 2018
My wife and I have lately been just hanging out at the dinner table at like 4am and we just talk about the most random stuff (mostly family or death related). We had some long conversations today that ended at 8am :p , last thing we were talking about was Bruiser Brody's murder.

mopinks

Oct 27, 2017
we're together all day long so it's kind of just one long unbroken eternal conversation

Joshua

Oct 27, 2017
Used to, now that we have been together for 26 years it's best we do not.
Ok now you've piqued my curiosity. Is this a good thing? A bad thing?

My partner and I have been together 24 years and we break into deep conversations all the time - some serious, some silly - probably every single day.

Boy

Apr 24, 2018
Yep all the time. There are many times we"ll start lengthy convos before going to sleep to the point that we gotta stop ourselves because we'll just talk for hours throughout the night.

Landy828

Oct 26, 2017
Clemson, SC
My wife reads her books or watches her shows...and passes out at like 9:30pm-10:00pm.

Her work days are like 5am-5pm though (sometimes later). Wouldn't mind something cool like a long fun talk.

bananab

Oct 27, 2017
Occasionally, if we both happen to be awake, we will have a little microchat. Usually the next morning, I haven't filed it away mentally correctly and I think it's something I meant to talk about (instead of already did), so I'll bring it up like we hadn't just had this conversation a few hours prior.

TBH personally, up at the dinner table from 4-8am sounds kinda unpleasant to me, though it might just be that I'm getting old.

CrazyIvan1978

Oct 27, 2017
Wisconsin
Ok now you've piqued my curiosity. Is this a good thing? A bad thing?

My partner and I have been together 24 years and we break into deep conversations all the time - some serious, some silly - probably every single day.
Early on, and maybe that had something to do with it, our newness to each other, or maybe it was the context of the world around us (late nighties, early 2000s), we would talk a lot about all kinds of subjects. This would inevitably lead to late night early morning conversations, because there was just not enough time in the day (after work or whatever). There is probably a point where this died off. Maybe it was us having kids, or the stress of both of us getting deployed.
In any case, now long conversations usually lead to arguments, and I would rather just sleep and be physically/mentally prepared for the next shitty day.

OP
OP
Baphomet

Baphomet

Dec 8, 2018
I think all the goofiest/funnest talks with my wife have been during a 2am-80am timespan. I tend to go off the rails at those hours.

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
My wife and I have lately been just hanging out at the dinner table at like 4am and we just talk about the most random stuff (mostly family or death related). We had some long conversations today that ended at 8am :p , last thing we were talking about was Bruiser Brody's murder.

Our conversations take place when the house is a little
Quiet and the kids are asleep. So usually around 9:30

GamerJM

Nov 8, 2017
We don't live together and both like to sleep in a decent amount, so early morning is pretty rare. If we ever talk before like 8:30 AM then usually something pretty serious has happened. Late night does happen sometimes though, not super frequently.

Seirith

Oct 25, 2017
We've been together for 26 years total and unless it is something urgent, I don't want to talk to anyone at 4 am.

We can have conversations during the day/evening and sleep at night.