• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Don't the antioxidants or whatver bind to to the fat molecules in milk and neutralize any positive health benefits?

I think I read that when I was on a big tea kick like two years ago, but maybe FAKE NEWS

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
in hot tea for sure. And a bit of sugar. It's weird cause with cold tea I don't like anything in it but with hot I take cream and sugar.

kbear

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
half milk, half water, 4 packets of stevia, two tea bags because i need dat dere caffeine

my girl got me this adorable little tea strainer along with organic loose leaf black tea and i've been using that for a couple days now and it's amazing

similar to this thing except just a different shape not a sphere:

7005_teaball_infuser_v8pq6.png

Oct 27, 2017
British people put milk in their tea, not cream.

I prefer my tea without milk, but with is fine too. Sugar is always wrong, though.

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
That just sounds weird to me.

At most, I'll put sugar if I'm craving a sweet tea, but most times I drink it straight.

Spacejaws

"This guy are sick" of the One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Scotland
If it's a regular ass tea likey tetleys or somesuch it'll be considered wierd here to not put milk in it.

And I mean I've never seen anybody say no to milk in their tea just how much or how little. Cream in tea also unheard of.

Goldenroad

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
I used to put milk in my tea (and coffee), but now I really can't stand milk/cream or sugar in my tea or coffee, unless they're over ice.

oledome

Oct 25, 2017
None of us put cream in our tea. Just milk.

I don't know much about blends, but I do that a cup of this on a Sunday morning is just about the closest thing to heaven on earth:

original.png

I've been living in South America for 8 months, made sure to have my first visitor bring me a box, precious tea.

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Can every fellow Britisher agree that Cravendale is the best milk?

Always put a bit of milk in my tea, which is preferably Yorkshire.

Qasiel

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 27, 2017
No cream, just milk.

Can every fellow Britisher agree that Cravendale is the best milk?

Always put a bit of milk in my tea, which is preferably Yorkshire.

Definitely agreed. I don't get Cravendale that often, but when I do you can bet your arse that's going straight in my brew.

P-MAC

Nov 15, 2017
I'm British and have never heard of anyone putting cream in tea. Milk, yes, I need that every day or I will die. But I'm moderately sure cream isn't a thing and 100% sure it isn't a British thing. If it's genuinely a thing and people recommend it I would try it though, as I don't like coffee so need my extra unnecessary calories from somewhere.

Emerald Hawk

Dec 12, 2017
New Jersey
In Victorian times, children would sometimes be given Cambric tea. Cambric is the name of an off white fabric that the tea resembled. I make a version of it for my own kids that's half tea and half milk with a dash of sugar and they love it. Usually I give them Lady Grey decaf. It's a little weird since I grew up thinking tea was an acquired, adult taste like coffee and beer (I still hate coffee and beer though).

I usually have a little milk in my own tea, but not always. If you want a decadent dessert tea, the cacao mint black loose leaf tea from Teavana with milk and sugar tastes like mint chocolate chip ice cream.

Oh and
Bandit Keith said:
I'm an American. In America.
bandit-keith-yu-gi-oh-duel-links-3.12.jpg

Oct 26, 2017

shnurgleton

Oct 27, 2017
Boston
You don't have a teapot.

Like, literally none in your home?
Like I said, I'm an American and we don't do tea so habitually that owning a teapot is an expected thing

My lack of teapot is mostly one of laziness and using the carafe part of
a French press works well enough

Don't worry, I'm not one of those barbarians who microwaves water. I boil properly in a stovetop kettle

Dougald

Oct 27, 2017
if it's black tea then Milk, enough to make it orange. No Sugar.

My wife drinks her tea so milky it might as well be milk.

Briareos

Oct 28, 2017
Maine
I'm an American and I have I think three tea kettles and a few tea pots. We're not all savages. Current workhorse is a simple blue Le Creuset:

23868540670393p

I have a cup of

14a68e0b22fca9dea27b39b4879b0b81.jpg

... with a small bit of cream (milk is for children) every morning. It's the taste of civilization.

hat_hair

Oct 26, 2017
Nah just milk but that's with green tea.

Milk with black tea is gross, it's better had by itself.

Am I in a backwards universe?

For black tea, thinner milk is better. Whole milk just feels wrong, a drop of skimmed is best, and semi is what I generally buy because it doubles as being fine for cereal.

Oct 27, 2017
Never occurred to me. The bitterness of tea or coffee is what I'm looking for not what I'm looking to smooth out.

Hollywood Duo

Oct 25, 2017
I'm British and have never heard of anyone putting cream in tea. Milk, yes, I need that every day or I will die. But I'm moderately sure cream isn't a thing and 100% sure it isn't a British thing. If it's genuinely a thing and people recommend it I would try it though, as I don't like coffee so need my extra unnecessary calories from somewhere.
Maybe its a misconception of what cream tea is. Man I'm hungry all of a sudden.

nintchdbpict0003319335391.jpg

Tagyhag

Oct 27, 2017
Am I in a backwards universe?

For black tea, thinner milk is better. Whole milk just feels wrong, a drop of skimmed is best, and semi is what I generally buy because it doubles as being fine for cereal.

That's probably why I don't like it with milk, only ever tried whole milk with it.

hat_hair

Oct 26, 2017
I also think that the quality of the tea used is important here. If you're using really nice loose leaf tea, you probably don't need milk, but anything in a teabag practically requires it to be drinkable.