Sell or collect?

• Sell after beating

Votes: 215 25.1%
  • Collect them all

Votes: 642 74.9%

• Total voters
Aug 13, 2018
Title says it all! Thinking about selling games that are just sitting there I know I will never play again/platinumed . What do you all do ERA?

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017
Depends on whether the game resonated with me to great extent, or not. You bet I sold Fallen Order after I was through with it.

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
I collect 'em. Usually the price of the trade in or what I could get on the second hand market just... isn't worth it.

Weebos

Oct 25, 2017
I usually keep them, but sometimes I'll sell them (or give them away).

If I think I may replay the game I'll keep it.

dralla

Oct 27, 2017
I keep them. Never know when I'm gonna want to replay them. Even if I were gonna sell them, the re-sale value is so low and not even worth the hassle.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Depends on the game and the plattform. Those poll options are way too limited, again.
In general i buy games to "own" them forever.

stinkyguy666

Nov 4, 2017
if I squeezed all the content out of it and/or I don't see myself ever playing it again, I would just sell it

Toumari

Oct 27, 2017
England
I sell my games as soon as I get the platinum trophy. I tend to get 70-80% of what I paid for them back by selling them on eBay.

jefklak

May 8, 2019
I have sold and sold and sold.

And then I have regretted and regretted and regretted.

And then I have bought back and back and back.

Firestorm

Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver, BC
About 50/50. I usually trade it in if I can get the amount I pay or more back. Otherwise I'll usually keep it, especially if it's a game I like and want to lend out to friends. If I can get $50+ CAD in trade in due to promos I usually consider it too. I traded in a bunch of things towards my PS5 because the pricing was really good.

Jump_Button

Oct 27, 2017
Never know when you may want to replay a game so happy I still have all my Gamecube games they just so much to get from own a game not acting like it trash if you "beat it"

Horohorohoro

Jan 28, 2019
It's too much of a hassle for me to sell games honestly. You basically don't get anything for taking it to a store and you selling things online is a whole ordeal. I have tons of games I'll never play or never try to play again but I guess I could say I collect them.

MadMod

Dec 4, 2017
I keep a lot that I enjoy, sell some crappy ones. Nowadays trading in is a joke so I just go digital, much more convenient, but you can't do anything with it, at least it's there forever not gathering dust.

Skulldead

Oct 27, 2017
Usualy i was seeling all of them, but for ps5 the print are so low that i usualy keep them (there exception for AAA game).

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
Keep them. With Sony's games so far though, I've purchased, sold and will plan to buy back at bargain bin prices

Deleted member 8593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I don't "collect" games but I do like to keep some in case I want to replay them in the future (which I do quite often). But I've sold multiple games over the years, no regrets.

Cam

Oct 27, 2017
Throwaway games I got physically, beat and traded in. Games that really made me love the story and gameplay, I'll keep just for the shit of it

ConanEdogawa

Oct 31, 2017
I keep most of them and have a pretty good collection, but definitely sell some when I find a game I don't want to keep, or if it's something I don't value a lot and the price has shot up. Had that happen a few times on the Switch with games that went out of print. Buying physical gives that flexibility.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
If it's something I liked I'll hang onto it. Games I hate, or games I KNOW I'll never revisit (like Ubisoft games) I sell.

Deleted member 44122

i keep them. maybe ill sell some of them years later, but thats rare too

Oct 25, 2017
Cincinnati
I have sold and sold and sold.

And then I have regretted and regretted and regretted.

And then I have bought back and back and back.

I did this one time, I sold a ton of PS1 games, and most of them were rare JRPG's like Suikoden 2, I regretted it almost instantly, and bought every single one back and I'm sure I spent 2x as much buying them back. Never again, I haven't sold a single game in almost 20 years when I made that mistake.

MercuryLS

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Used to collect, realized that it's a waste of money so I resell now. Only keep stuff long term that I'll play a lot like COD and even those titles I try to buy digitally. Game pass has been great since I can just play digital titles and no need to buy and sell and no clutter.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Generally I'll keep it only if it's something that had a very, very strong impression on me (only have 3 games I feel like that about atm), or if it would basically be pointless to try and sell/trade it in.

Sometimes I do regret it (Gravity Rush Remastered, ended up rebuying FF7R like a chump due to Intergrade/Yuffie DLC, etc.), but for the most part I'm not a sentimental person when it comes to games. If it helps make my next gaming purchase cheaper, I often prefer to just trade it in ASAP.

Right now I'm currently making an exception of sorts so far for 1st party Sony titles though. Like I'll probably eventually sell them or something, but for now I don't wanna rush into it like I normally would.

Danby

One Winged Slayer
Oct 7, 2020
Collecting has surprisingly been beneficial, as I have a big set of stuff to show my kids. Wii U actually came in handy during pandemic.

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Collect. Sometimes I lend them to family and/or friends.

jefklak

May 8, 2019
I did this one time, I sold a ton of PS1 games, and most of them were rare JRPG's like Suikoden 2, I regretted it almost instantly, and bought every single one back and I'm sure I spent 2x as much buying them back. Never again, I haven't sold a single game in almost 20 years when I made that mistake.

Indeed! Did the same for Game Boy stuff.
I did not buy back my limited edition GBMicro, that costs too much now :-(

ConfusedOwl

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Whenever I wanted to buy a new game I used to trade in a bunch of old ones and always ended up regretting it so I do keep most of my games now. There are a few things I could sell but it's such a hassle that I haven't bothered yet.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I used to but I regret doing that with my old stuff so I keep it

Boomstick75

Banned
May 7, 2021
Completely depends on the title. Most, I will resell, if I know I'll never play them again. Some, I will never sell simply because of how they resonated. Witcher: Wild Hunt, and God of War 2018, for example, I still have my original copies of.

Oct 25, 2017
Collect.
I love having shelves with my collection on display.
Same with my books.
If I sold everything as soon as I finished with it, being generous with how much I got back for it, I'd probably only get back a couple grand for my entire lifetime worth of content.
It's just not worth it to me.
The memories attached to each item, and the feeling that I might play them again is more than worth it.

Aztechnology

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Sell and game on. I usually beat them quick enough that I barely lose value. Back in the day with Gamers Club Unlocked I'd often make money lol.

Redcrayon

Patient hunter
On Break
Oct 27, 2017
UK
Needs another poll option for 'sell on the ones I didn't particularly enjoy or won't play again, keep the rest'.

I reckon I sell on around 1 in every 5 games I buy. Either because it just didn't grip me, or because I know I'll never touch it again. I usually get most of what I paid back with Switch carts so it makes sense to just sell them on and choose something else. Meanwhile, I keep hold of favourites.

Miamiwesker

Oct 25, 2017
Miami
I almost always keep them because selling it back to me makes it seem like a rental, and then it feels like I paid $30 for a week rental which is absurd. But I might sell more now cause everything ends up free on some service eventually.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Completely depends on the title. Most, I will resell, if I know I'll never play them again. Some, I will never sell simply because of how they resonated. Witcher: Wild Hunt, and God of War 2018, for example, I still have my original copies of.

See something like GoW I would've normally kept, but me knowing it was getting a direct sequel made me end up selling it since it wasn't getting any dlc

Creepy Woody

Nov 11, 2017
Australia
I used to hold onto EVERYTHING. Trying my best not be a hoarder anymore and trade or sell after finishing. I don't have time to replay and its just clutter just sitting there devaluing.
Recently finished and sold RE Village and Ratchet Rift Apart. Feels good.