• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Dec 23, 2017
If so, what was your last purchase(s)? My last purchases were:

Armored Core 3 Portable
iu

Armored Core Silent Line Portable
iu

Armored Core Last Raven Portable
iu

While I don't think Sony will ever go back into the handheld gaming market (excluding PS Portal), I am grateful they kept the Vita PSN Store up over the years after fan outcry. Though, it would be nice if they ran some temporary sales here and there but alas...

Atom

Jul 25, 2021
It's such a hassle and I basically have everything I want or can see myself playing. But if I really wanted something I'd probably do it.

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I got a new Vita today to platinum the Trails in the Sky games translated and since I already had them bought, no, I'm not buying more games for it.

Theswweet

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
California
I bought the Shiren the Wanderer 4+ off the JP Vita PSN in January! I also deeply regretted it for unrelated reasons.

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
Uh... no?

Lol, I don't think I EVER bought a game for the Vita on PSN, actually. Only thing I really played on it was a PS1 game. Castlevania Symphony of the Night.

The actual "Vita games" I have are all physical, and it's not many. Like... Muramasa, MGS Collection, and EDF 2.

I guess I'm in the minority since I always see someone praising how the Vita was, but I freaking HATED that thing. The buttons and analog sticks were too tiny and just felt like crap to me, and I hated the back touch panel for L2/R2 for PS1 games. I only had an OLED model though, so I'm not sure if they made that stuff better for the newer model.

Bede-x

Oct 25, 2017
I think my last purchase was Ratched & Clank Size Matters, but it was some time after Earth Defense Force 2 released on Vita, so that was years ago. Don't remember when exactly, maybe 2016? Played them mostly on PS TV back then.

Haven't felt the need to buy anything since, because games don't carry over and I think there are much better handheld options than Vita today.

EDIT: Wait. I think I also bought that dungeon crawler, where you rotate the maze. Brandish. Never ended up playing it, but it might have been my last game on the store. Perhaps I'm misremembering..

Last edited:

Luneth

Aug 5, 2020
I bought past February Fate/Extra. No regrets even if there is a remake coming in the next years. Had a really fun time with the game on the Vita

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
Only to get PS1 games that are on PS5, as they're usually half the price. It sucks that there's a huge amount of stuff that I don't think is delisted, but you can't grab it from the Vita store itself.

I guess I'm in the minority since I always see someone praising how the Vita was, but I freaking HATED that thing. The buttons and analog sticks were too tiny and just felt like crap to me, and I hated the back touch panel for L2/R2 for PS1 games. I only had an OLED model though, so I'm not sure if they made that stuff better for the newer model.
Nope, I had the same experience as you with the new model. A system that could play the Jak trilogy on the go should've been the perfect thing for me, but it was a case of play the Jak trilogy on the go with no L2/R2 and at 10fps.

Arklite

Oct 27, 2017
No, but I've been tempted to try the awful looking Revelations 2 port out of morbid curiosity.

mausterhunter

Feb 1, 2019
Looks like the last thing I bought was Arc the Lad II 3 years ago. Don't see myself making any other purchases on it.

amara

Nov 23, 2021
Well, not exactly on the Vita store. I bought Odin Sphere off the PS App and played it on the Vita if that counts

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
In a technical sense, yes. I bought Bastian on PS4 2 months ago and then downloaded the cross-play version on my Vita- I just don't want to fuck around with payment methods on the Vita anymore.

May 28, 2020
I didn't realize you could still buy stuff for the Vita let alone the PS3 on the Playstation store. Makes me wonder if the games are greatly marked down now or sitting at full price?

tohlew

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't realize you could still buy stuff for the Vita let alone the PS3 on the Playstation store. Makes me wonder if the games are greatly marked down now or sitting at full price?

I can't speak for every game, but just this week I've been surprised to find a lot of Sony 1st party and Square-Enix stuff to be very cheap. I bought The 3rd Birthday ($13.49 Canadian) and I noticed Gravity Rush was $13.49 Canadian as well, so I assume $9.99 USD. The two Dissidia PSP games were that price as well, and I recall the Patapon games being that too.

The only hurdle now is adding funds elsewhere like a PS5.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Sony's first-party games are really cheap on both platforms. I don't think I've seen any games that are more than $19.99 USD (not counting bundles that include DLC). A lot cost less than that, even.

Third-party games, though... YMMV.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Wasn't the Vita store going to shut down last year? I think I bought a few games back then.
Sony cancelled the shutdown for it and the PS3 store due to backlash. It'll probably still happen eventually, but for now they're both still up.

They did go through with closing the PSP store, but you can at least still buy PSP games on a PS3 or Vita.

Qwark

Oct 27, 2017
I think the last one I bought was Shakedown: Hawaii in the last year because it was on sale and cross-buy. I've been meaning to go back and buy a lot of rare classics that are on there though, and buy some Japanese exclusive ones too. I bought a bunch when the shutdowns were going to happen, but haven't really gone back since that was reversed.

JulianV

Apr 10, 2018
Not vita, but I bought the monkey island 1 & 2 collection some months ago for the ps3. I think I have every game I want for Vita already.

rochellepaws

Oct 25, 2017
Ireland
I got everything I wanted from the store before the cancelled shutdown a couple of years so haven't checked since.

Who knew the Vita store would outlast the Wii, Xbox 360, Wii U and 3DS!

Kresnik

Oct 26, 2017
Excellent choices OP. I recently finished Armored Core 3 Portable (loved it) so bought Silent Line a while ago.

Last game I bought on Vita PSN store was Soukaigi (Japanese PSN). Last English Vita Store game I bought was probably Fate/Extella Link.

Pancakes R Us

Oct 27, 2017
Sony cancelled the shutdown for it and the PS3 store due to backlash. It'll probably still happen eventually, but for now they're both still up.

They did go through with closing the PSP store, but you can at least still buy PSP games on a PS3 or Vita.
Righto, thanks. I keep meaning to fire up the PS3 so I can buy Tembo the Badass Elephant.

OP
OP
Shinobido Heart
Dec 23, 2017
I think my last purchase was Ratched & Clank Size Matters, but it was some time after Earth Defense Force 2 released on Vita, so that was years ago. Don't remember when exactly, maybe 2016? Played them mostly on PS TV back then.

Haven't felt the need to buy anything since, because games don't carry over and I think there are much better handheld options than Vita today.

EDIT: Wait. I think I also bought that dungeon crawler, where you rotate the maze. Brandish. Never ended up playing it, but it might have been my last game on the store. Perhaps I'm misremembering..

I still need to purchase the Brandish remake before it's too late as well! I need to check what else is available on the Vita PSN store.

Strike

Oct 25, 2017
LocoRoco Midnight Carnival, LocoRoco 2, and Stardew Valley shortly before they updated the webstore. The last thing I officially got for it was Road of Devastation DLC for Dead Nation.

Deadceptor

Oct 26, 2017
Bought Trails from Zero and Trails to Azure from the JPN store about a year or two ago when the Vita translations were made possible. I'm pretty sure I got everything I need from every region's store now.

Nov 2, 2017
Shibuya
I think the last one I bought was one of the Armored Core titles right before AC6 came out. I think the main thing preventing me from buying more on Vita is that as a Vita addict I've already bought darn near everything I want, which is... a lot lol. Will be sad when they shutter the PS3 and Vita stores.

No, but I've been tempted to try the awful looking Revelations 2 port out of morbid curiosity.
It's a really cool port, it's such a shame the performance just isn't really where it needs to be. Still, it's one of my all time faves so I stuck around long enough to get the Platinum, haha. Definitely overclock if you can if you ever do get around to it.

Theory

Oct 27, 2017
A while back I had the idea to buy some old favorites - Tomb Raider, Jet Moto, Metal Gear and some others..

i was so stoked to do some playthroughs of games I hadn't touched in decades, and to have the warm feelings of nostalgia wash over me

I played probably 20minutes total of all of the games put together, and if I'm being honest, I wasn't quite as passionate about game preservation from that day on lol