What'll it be?

• Gimme something new

Votes: 25 10.2%
  • Gimme the usual

Votes: 221 89.8%

• Total voters

MaNuu

May 11, 2024
I've been doing the same haircut for the last few years but now I'm in the mood for a change, the problem is I don't know which one to get.

Wubby

Oct 27, 2017
Japan!
Probably averages about every 5 years? Late teens/early 20's was late 90's-early 2000's so short hair spiked with gel was popular then. Then just short (Supercuts lol #5 on top 2 on the sides i used to say I think) late 20's I didn't care just never wanted to deal with it so short was easy. Then just standard short cut style early/mid 30's (tom cruise top gun short). Then Corona hit I never bothered to cut it again and grew it long and would put it up into a bun. Then needing to wear a helmet for motorcycling I got it cut to shoulder length long last month. I prefer it being a bit long now.

StarStorm

"This guy are sick"
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm at the barbershop now. I change it every few years. I still have all my hair, so why not flaunt it?

GenericBadGuy

Oct 25, 2017
I'm getting a new hairstyle by...not getting a haircut. Just growing and growing. Trying out braids, updos, accessories, ponys, etc. Its been great honestly, but of course time consuming.

Bizkit Krueger

Powered by Friendship™
Sep 8, 2022
everyone says my hair's nice so I grow it out to make the most of it and then I remember how much I dislike taking care of longer hair and buzz it off

rinse repeat for the last 10+ years

CallMeShaft

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I bounce around between styles. Prior to Covid, I was generally getting it cut short, maybe an inch or so on top and buzzed short on the sides, but wouldn't get it cut more than once every six months. Went through a bunch of styles because of it, but always kept some product in it and tried to make it look decent.

Since Covid, purchased a Wahl clipper and been doing it myself; gotten pretty decent at fading the sides. Usually buzzed short (a #1 or #2 on top) or sometimes I let it grow a bit and either spike the front up or comb it a bit to the side. As of a few days ago, back to the spiked bangs look, which I personally really like on me and might keep at it for a bit if the summer heat doesn't persuade me to chop damn near all of it off.

Zippedpinhead

Fallen Guardian
Oct 25, 2017
I trim my own. Keeping it not shaved but very cut down (I guess Buzzed is the term)

I used to do different stuff, but I started cutting my own hair during Covid and don't see a reason to stop now

thesoapster

Oct 25, 2017
MD, USA
Been the usual for a while but I am starting to have a little fun with growing things out. My barber is quite skilled so I'm gonna probably tell him to go yet another level up on the sides/back...or I'll get so hot/frustrated that I do #1 lol.

Lilification

Mar 28, 2024
Always had the same look, I haven't cut my hair since 2010

I don't like people touching my hair and I don't trust a stylist to not fuck something up

Alcoremortis

Oct 25, 2017
I bring in a new picture every time and then the hairstylist gives me the same old haircut and I tell her I love it.

shenden

Oct 27, 2017
Cut it the same last few years, it's not getting thicker, but considering my age I'm happy to have a good amount left and I still occasionally get the "you're handsome", so it's fine for now. But will shave it off one day.

Thinking of taking a break from the beard, though and go clean shaven for a bit. Not taken the plunge yet.

Skyshark

Apr 26, 2021
I get a haircut every couple weeks to a month. Usually, I'll change something up. Maybe have the top thinned out one haircut. Then next, switch to a taper down to a number 2 guard. Then next cut, a 6 guard. Then next cut add some layers. Then next cut just a clean up. Things like that. My hairstyle changes slightly, too. I'll do a pomp one day. Then a slick back. Then a side part. Then maybe a quiff. Some days, nothing. Some days just a blow out. Styling my hair, trying new products and shampoos/conditioners is like a hobby of mine.

Amnesty

Nov 7, 2017
Usually keep it long enough to style but I got it too short just last week and now I kind of regret because I hate waiting for it to grow back.

MegaRockEXE

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
I think my hairstyle just gradually changes over time as I fail to keep it consistent, but it's been mostly the same for a while. I like where it's at. And as long as I can keep going to my current stylist, I don't see things changing much.

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
The usual. I like my hair to be low maintenance, so short sides and back with more length at top to let me shape it a bit without any products.

Sadire

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 31, 2017
Grow it out until it becomes sentient, then have it slashed off for a donation.

That's my plan, so I'll be waiting until near end of year for an actual cut. I keep it shoulder length usually.

Patriiick

Oct 31, 2018
Grimsby, GB
I've had the same haircut for about 25 years. Not much I can do with mine really. Not even sure I've paid for a haircut in about 15. It's low maintenance so I just get a friend of family member to give it a trim.

J_ToSaveTheDay

"This guy are sick" and Corrupted by Vengeance
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
I started balding before the pandemic began and started buzzing my head consistently since COVID-19 lockdowns. I just stick with that now. Buzz every 2-3 weeks.

shivalice

Sep 24, 2023
I swap it pretty dramatically from really long to short, bangs/no bangs, about once a year. Every few years I'll test out something pretty different and maybe start playing around in a different style than previous. Did a lot of Pixies in my late teens, side part medium length in my early 20's, and now it's long centre part shags since my late 20's. Started colouring it this year for the first time because I wanted to play around with it in a new way, too. May be a gender thing (or an ADHD thing, lol), but I just get bored of the same and like testing out new stuff against my face shape. Helps I have a hair dresser I love and have gone to for years, so we have great rapport. I think it's more common among women to play around with their hair, though I feel like this is changing a bit.

Having said that, the majority of ppl I know definitely stick with something they feel comfortable with, irregardless of gender. They'll maybe slightly modernize their cuts over time, but otherwise stick to the same part, same colour, similar length for years on end. I feel like a big outlier in this regard, and I don't even think I'm that crazy out there.

Skade

Oct 28, 2017
One could say that the simplest gust of wind is a hairstyle change on me : the "joys" of having long hair (and not caking them in anything to keep them in place).

In practice, i had the same short haircut for 25+ years, then covid happened, i let them grow and now i have classic "metal head" long hair.