• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
London, UK
There were so many rumours of a New Fable from Playground a while back. On top of this Molyneux, creator of Fable, and 2 Cans have ben basicllt silent for a year o maybe they are involved?

This would be huge for me - what do you think?

boi

Nov 1, 2017
Its probably better for the series if Molyneux is not involved. The man cant keep his promises.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
Sweet....

I love the Fable series... even if part of the fun is finding out all the things that don't actually end up in it

JehutyRunner

Oct 26, 2017
He said recently if there is, he hasn't been asked to see it and he wouldn't want to see it because he wants it to have the developer - in this instance, Playground - have their own take on it.

Dyashen

Dec 20, 2017
Belgium
Playground working on Fable? I'm in.

Fable shown this E3? Most likely not. PG is hiring like crazy though for their ARPG team, but it just seems way too soon to show the game.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
bring the GOAT swindler back already

giphy.gif

plié

Alt account
Banned
Jan 10, 2019
Yes please, and double yes if Molyneux is involved, the man is a visionary.

Dazraell

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Poland
They may announce a new Fable, but I don't think we will see anything more than a teaser. Molyneux probably isn't involved.

Ushay

Oct 27, 2017
Fable by Playground is like one of the worst kept secrets at Xbox Studios.

As for an announcement, doubtful. They need at least 2-3 more years on it imo.

LavaBadger

Nov 14, 2017
I'm not sure what Fable would be at this point, but I'd be interested in hearing the pitch.

Molyneux being a part of it would not be a plus, and would in fact make me much more wary of the project.

flaxknuckles

Oct 25, 2017
You made this thread to give people anxiety didn't you? I'd be crying rivers if Molyneux was working on the next Fable.

Brucey

Jan 2, 2018
I think PG is absolutely making a Fable game. I just hope they don't show it until it's truly ready. Microsoft has finally washed their hands from showing off games way too early now that crackdown 3 is finally out. I'd hate for them to jump right back into that cycle.

Considering that Phil said he was proud they had a good e3 show last year while holding some things back because he thought it was too soon I think they'll do the smart thing and keep their cards close to their chest.

Komo

Info Analyst
Verified
Jan 3, 2019
I wouldn't mind Molyneux making another game like this.

LavaBadger

Nov 14, 2017
I think PG is absolutely making a Fable game. I just hope they don't show it until it's truly ready. Microsoft has finally washed their hands from showing off games way too early now that crackdown 3 is finally out. I'd hate for them to jump right back into that cycle.

Considering that Phil said he was proud they had a good e3 show last year while holding some things back because he thought it was too soon I think they'll do the smart thing and keep their cards close to their chest.

We'll see what E3 looks like this year. If they're going to start drumming up hype for next gen, I wouldn't be all that surprised if we start seeing things that are a couple years out again. I would love to be wrong.

OP
OP
PenultimateFantasy
Oct 25, 2017
London, UK
We'll see what E3 looks like this year. If they're going to start drumming up hype for next gen, I wouldn't be all that surprised if we start seeing things that are a couple years out again. I would love to be wrong.

its such a risk for them - both MS and Sony showed off some very promising games years back

Sony delivered almost to a tee

MS faled ta deliver a single one.

I'd love to see a 'hey, we learned out lessons, we've been listening and heres a few tiny bits of whats coming next gen' but i can see why many many people would be distructfdul

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
New Fable seems likely, dunno about e3 though.

Can't see Molyneux being attached to it in any way whatsoever.

Arthoneceron

Oct 27, 2017
Minas Gerais, Brazil
Honestly, it would be better for Playground Games to make their own series, so they'll be able to give their own approach.

After all, if I think on "Fable", I generally know what to expect, and honestly, "Albion, I'm no longer your fool".

Mudo

Oct 25, 2017
Tennessee
My feeling is that a real Fable 4 is in development right now and that Molyneux has 0 involvement.

After that cancelled game that was barely Fable, and Lionhead being shut down I truly thought the series was dead. I'm playing the newly enhanced Fable 2 and these games are just weird wonderful things. My hopes are that Fable 4 is single player with no micro transactions just a new epic entry in the series. So excited!

By the way, do we know what studio could possibly be making this? I'm assuming it won't be The Initiatives first game but that would be OMG great lol.

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
I think we might get a tease, but I don't think we'll see any gameplay unless it's a cross gen game (which is very possible).

OP
OP
PenultimateFantasy
Oct 25, 2017
London, UK
My feeling is that a real Fable 4 is in development right now and that Molyneux has 0 involvement.

After that cancelled game that was barely Fable, and Lionhead being shut down I truly thought the series was dead. I'm playing the newly enhanced Fable 2 and these games are just weird wonderful things. My hopes are that Fable 4 is single player with no micro transactions just a new epic entry in the series. So excited!

By the way, do we know what studio could possibly be making this? I'm assuming it won't be The Initiatives first game but that would be OMG great lol.

its been heavily rumoured for a couple of years to be Playground Games, the team who make Forza Horizon

I think this is a great choice as they are British and should be able to conintue and advance the very British humour os Fable which i love so much and gives it such a special character to me

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
its been heavily rumoured for a couple of years to be Playground Games, the team who make Forza Horizon

I think this is a great choice as they are British and should be able to conintue and advance the very British humour os Fable which i love so much and gives it such a special character to me
The rumours are all that it is a second team at Playground, not the Forza Horizon team.

logash

Oct 27, 2017
Molyneux is the reason why Fable kept getting worse with each installment. He kept trying to reinvent the wheel without mastering what made the original so great in the first place. How were they supposed to refine the original game when Molyneux kept trying to shake things up?

I get he is the Creator and all but please get him as far away from this as possible.

Dutch Masters

Jun 7, 2018
I really hope the next Fable is a reboot back to the original Fable 1 time period.

I really disliked 2 & 3's setting, i prefer a medieval fantasy setting over a renaissance/industrial. I want my character to be strong due to his own powers, it doesn't work as well for me when there are guns and magic is used via magic gauntlets.

Kschreck

Oct 27, 2017
Pennsylvania
I feel like it would be smart to release this on the next Xbox. Really push the graphics tech and hopefully give new renewed energy to the series.

Kasey

Nov 1, 2017
Boise
They should have Molyneux voice a character who sells you a magic acorn for 60 pieces of gold, and disappears after you plant it and it doesn't do shit.

Deleted member 36493

User requested account closure
Dec 19, 2017
Fable is further off than a lot of you think. Don't expect it until 2023ish. It leaked far too early.

daTRUballin

Oct 25, 2017
Portland, Oregon
Everybody seems to think Playground is the one making it, but what if it turns out to be Rare's second team? They're a British studio as well. :p

I mean, not that I seriously think that's the case 100%. If the rumors heavily indicate that it's PG, then it's probably PG, but WHAT IF it's Rare? How would you guys feel about that?

DoradoWinston

Apr 9, 2019
Everybody seems to think Playground is the one making it, but what if it turns out to be Rare's second team? They're a British studio as well. :p

I mean, not that I seriously think that's the case 100%. If the rumors heavily indicate that it's PG, then it's probably PG, but WHAT IF it's Rare? How would you guys feel about that?
Rare is more than likely doing more new IP while supporting Sea of Thieves.

Its all but confirmed PG is making Fable at this point tbh.

edit: that being said, before they got PG I always said Rare would be my number 1 choice for the inevitable new Fable.

Dyashen

Dec 20, 2017
Belgium

I wouldn't be that mad honestly, but since the upcoming PG ARPG is meant to be an arpg with a focus on open world, i definitely see PG having more expertise in that area in comparison to Rare. However if Rare worked on a more linear/sub-openworld Fable game with a focus on quests and storytelling, sure i'll take it :D

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017

It's been so heavily rumoured for so long, it's almost hard to not believe.
Rare's 2 studios and Playground are pretty close anyway, so it's fairly academic as to who is actually making it :)