Do you think COVID19 will delay the Xbox Series X and PS5 launch?

• Yes

Votes: 740 66.7%
  • No

Votes: 369 33.3%

• Total voters

Shadow-Link

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Probably due to supply chain issues. We don't know how long it will take to get out of this and go back to normal.

It is best to assume a delay. I'm not mad as I still have a lot to play on PS4 and Switch.

VGEsoterica

Dec 10, 2019
They may be delayed due to economic conditions too. A lot of people are losing $$...stuff like new consoles might be a hard sell this year when some people are straight up out of work.

Hieroph

Oct 28, 2017
Too early to tell. But if I had to guess, I'd say the launches will happen mostly as planned.

TuMekeNZ

Oct 27, 2017
Auckland, New Zealand
No I think they'll still hit this holiday. Would be a bit weird for Sony to just update the PS5 page to state its coming this holiday, if it wasn't.
Biggest ? will be on distribution if Covid is still a thing.

hussien-11

Oct 27, 2017
Jordan
I honestly don't even know we can be certain any entertainment product will be released a few months from now.
The world is facing unprecedended crisis.

Suburban Thug

Banned
Nov 13, 2017
Midwest
Absolutely. Amazon is looking at month long delivery dates for prime members on non-essential items already. I'm not expecting these to drop until 2021, and if they do come out this year, there will be severe shortages on par with the Wii.

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
If the supply pipeline isn't affected (and with China seemingly ramping up production, that seems to be the case), I'm say a console delay is unlikely, but not impossible.

If the US is hit with an unemployment spike, that'd be a perfect opportunity for Microsoft to ramp up their "buy our console and pay it off + a GamePass sub with monthly payments over X years" program, which is something they already trialled with the One X, I believe? Switching to the phone contract model could be a smart alternative to asking for 500-600 bucks upfront.