• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Do you think Owen will betray Obi-Wan in Star Wars: Obi-Wan Kenobi?

• Yes

Votes: 42 25.9%
  • No

Votes: 120 74.1%

• Total voters

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I can see it from a parsec away... The dude has always hated his brother. And this would actually be a great way to make him a more memorable character in the saga.

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
R2 will avenge him by leading the Empire right to Uncle Owen.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
If Owen gave up Obi-Wan to the Empire they would've found Luke pretty much immediately.

Oct 28, 2017
No because he was still hidden in the same spot after all those years in A New Hope and Luke remained hidden.

Last edited:

Juraash

Oct 25, 2017
"that wizard's just a crazy old man...who I ratted out to the Empire so he'd get Jedi concentration camped and leave my nephew alone".

I'm thinking probably not.

MarcelloF

"This guy are sick"
Dec 9, 2020
No, that's stupid. Giving Obi-Wan away would put Luke in more danger, which Owen absolutely doesn't want.

adj_noun

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Yes.

And the twist will be that it was Obi-Wan who lit his ass up in A New Hope, finally getting revenge.

Now it all falls into place.

When he told Luke that only Imperial Stormtroopers are so precise, it was just a deeply sarcastic alibi, albeit one that would go over the farm boy's head.

Sidebuster

Oct 26, 2017
California
"Hey, this old Jedi won't leave my adopted son alone, can you do something about it?"
Possibly the closest thing that could happen. Lars feels like a guy who'd tell him to fuck off or he's telling the authorities (local like the Hutts I guess?). But I really can't see a way that makes sense as he needs to protect Luke as well and that'd bring too much thunder down.

Genesius

Nov 2, 2018
Yes.

And the twist will be that it was Obi-Wan who lit his ass up in A New Hope, finally getting revenge.
Nah it'll be that Obi-Wan arranged the death just to get Luke motivated enough to leave the planet, lol

Insert CG shots of Alec Guinness sliding space money over to the stormtroopers in a bar. "Don't worry about making it pretty."

Plinkerton

Nov 4, 2017
No I think there'll be a falling out that will be dramatic but ultimately have no long-term ramifications that would impact on already established plot points.

CreepingFear

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I believe Owen was Obi Wan's brother in the official novel for Star Wars. Obviously, that was retconned.

Castamere

Oct 26, 2017
Maybe Obi Wan tries to forcibly train Luke and Owen grabs a lightsaber to put an end to it in his anger. They have a lightsaber fight until Owen calms down, and then they agree to wait and let Luke decide once he's an adult...

rsfour

Oct 26, 2017
I don't think he's dead; Obi obviously kidnapped Owen and Beru, faked their deaths so he can take Luke.

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
uncle owen knocks ben on the head
he swaps clothes
when he wakes up, owen tells ben that his name is Uncle Owen and he suffers from long term memory failure. He plays him the movie Memento and says "JUST LIKE THAT DUDE"

owen, now Ben, rolls out to live that hermit lyfe while Ben is stuck being a goddamn moisture farmer drinking blue milk with a whiny nephew who only talks about power converters

also explains why Ben can't fight for shit in episode 4

Duane

Unshakable Resolve
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
The comics (which are canon) flesh out the relationship between Obi-Wan and Owen during Luke's younger years a little bit.

Basically, Owen hates him and resents him but no, probably wouldn't betray him to the Empire or anything. The show will be canon with this and should basically adhere to it.

obiwan2-670x1024.jpg

obiwan3.jpg

The Silver

Oct 28, 2017
You know, Obi-Wan and Yoda sure did get lucky that Luke seemed to have barely given a shit about Owen and Beru being murdered, unlike Anakin and his mom.

Feb 7, 2022
Let's retcon it so he does betray Obi-Wan. Mix it up and make it interesting. That way we can feel better when they're cooked alive in A New Hope. In fact, have Obi-Wan be the one who sells them out to the empire as a long term revenge scheme. Maybe the Jedi were evil all along... from a certain point of view.

Actinium

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
California
It would effect how we view his death in new hope too much. It needs to galvanize the audience against the empire, not feel like some snitch getting his.

DyByHands

Jul 16, 2018
Nah. They got toasted in half a second in a new hope. No way owen would bring that in between 3 and 4 and not meet the same fate.