balgajo

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Saw the news that last Spider-man surpassed Spider-man 3 from Raimi then I made a quick domestic comparison on box office and noticed that the estimated ticket difference is really big.

Spider-Man: Far from Home (in progress)
Domestic Total Est. Tickets: 36,307,900

Spider-Man:Homecoming
Domestic Total Est. Tickets: 37,418,200

The Amazing Spider-Man 2
Domestic Total Est. Tickets: 24,363,300

The Amazing Spider-Man
Domestic Total Est. Tickets: 33,677,900

Spider-Man 3
Domestic Total Est. Tickets: 48,914,300

Spider-Man 2
Domestic Total Est. Tickets: 60,158,700

Spider-Man
Domestic Total Est. Tickets: 69,484,700

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
Obligatory: "The success of a new Spider-Man film is proportional to the amount of threads begging us to forget about it and go back to talk about Raimi's movies"

And the answer yes. It just needs to adapt a big well known, Spidey story. My guess is an actually good Black Suit/Venom would do the trick

Deleted member 42105

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 13, 2018
Probably not. Tickets are more expensive now and there are more entertainment options available right at home.

OP
OP
balgajo

balgajo

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Jeez I never realized how popular the first two Spider-Man movies were in the US
Yep... I always had in mind that Spider-man 3 was the movie to be beated that I never realized how successful the first 2 in US.

What are the actual domestic figures?
In the box office website you can compare the total gross and can also compare adjusting to inflation. Nice features that I just discovered today...XD

Eidan

AVALANCHE
Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
Surpass the actual domestic total of any of the Raimi movies? Sure.

Surpassing an estimated ticket total? Maybe? It'd have to be a pretty huge event film, which is difficult considering there have been so many Spider-Man films at this point.

OP
OP
balgajo

balgajo

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't think we'll see domestic tickets that high for a lot of things these days to be honest.
Surpass the actual domestic total of any of the Raimi movies? Sure.

Surpassing an estimated ticket total? Maybe? It'd have to be a pretty huge event film, which is difficult considering there have been so many Spider-Man films at this point.

Do not lose the faith....
They can always make that multiverse where we see an older Maguire Spider-man fighting along Tom Holland Spidey again Venon...XD

Interesting. It probably won't even beat the domestic total, let alone the ticket numbers.
And the craziest thing is that those values aren't adjusted to 2002 - 2019 inflation.

Alexandros

Oct 26, 2017
Absolutely. We've seen Holland's Spider-Man in quite a few films but his personal story is only just beginning. If the deal between Marvel Studios and Sony is renewed and Holland is willing to keep playing the character then I believe we'll see some amazing results that will break those records.

Heshinsi

Oct 25, 2017
Yes. With each MCU appearance and with each Spider-Man film released, Tom Holland's perfect Peter Parker/Spider-Man is becoming incredibly endearing to audiences. Far From Home smashed the total gross record set by SM3, and the next one will take the domestic record.

Plus the best part of the Raimi films is now in the MCU version.

subpar spatula

Refuses to Wash his Ass
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Absolutely. We've seen Holland's Spider-Man in quite a few films but his personal story is only just beginning. If the deal between Marvel Studios and Sony is renewed and Holland is willing to keep playing the character then I believe we'll see some amazing results that will break those records.
this depends how his non-mcu goes. chaos rising or whatever YA movie will see how well he does outside of spidey in the grand scheme. he may just say fuck it and stay spidey til they tell him nom

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
Ticket count? No I don't see that happening. Less people go to the movies now, and the venues are smaller and focus more on luxury accomodations.

Alexandros

Oct 26, 2017
this depends how his non-mcu goes. chaos rising or whatever YA movie will see how well he does outside of spidey in the grand scheme. he may just say fuck it and stay spidey til they tell him no

Yeah, it's hard to predict these things. It's possible that he'll want to go for more prestige projects as he grows up but the success of his non-MCU films will certainly be a very important factor.

papercan

Oct 25, 2017
I just really want a spiderman film focused on spiderman/peter parker without all the avengers iron man rubbish again.
Seems like a huge shame as the characters and actors in the new films could make an amazing film which matched the Raimi ones.
I'm hoping that in the future marvel will make films again focused on individual characters.