• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Jingo

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
The consoles are sold out everywhere almost since the beggining, you cant find one ps5 at least anywhere except the ebay 2000 dollars each.

Here at Portugal at least, there are stores that only got 50 consoles to pre order, they say the ps4 had much more consoles to pre order, almost 10x times more.

I known its a pandamic here and that probably slowed some things down, but is there any chance the stores are saving some consoles to put them on sale when they release?

So they can show them and also drawn attention to the games, acessories etc?

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Possible. People preorder, shops get in their allocation and people cancel. So there is usually some units available at launch but you usually have to be lucky to grab one, since it's mostly the staff at game shops that get them lol.

Faenix1

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Would be silly to have a launch day without any inventory

Hasn't Microsoft already said there will be more stock on launch day, or did I dream that?

DieH@rd

Oct 26, 2017
Yes, retailers demand to have additional stock for walk-in customers.

Hopefully EU retailers will organize themselves better for opening rush, or we will have a repeat of PS4 stampedes.

Karlinel

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 10, 2017
Mallorca, Spain
I certainly hope so, in Spain the situation is pretty much the same, the only store of the biggest retailer had 67 consoles (for a population of over 1,2M).

Scottoest

Feb 4, 2020
Yes, there will be release day stock available most places. No, it won't be more than a handful of consoles.

Deleted member 27551

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I'm expecting bundles that people dont want or want to pay for to be available, well I hope so as I still need 3 more next gen consoles.

Mechaplum

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2017
JP
The shops over here are entirely sold out, I don't think they retained any for launch.

SlickShoes

Oct 27, 2017
I have no idea, I hope so? In Switzerland the first wave of pre orders sold out overnight in 6 hours when most people were sleeping and there have been none available since, the amount available was minuscule.

Serein

Mar 7, 2018
I work for a major UK retailer and we're not particularly optimistic about PS5 availability on launch day. A little more hopeful for Xbox stock but I'm still not holding my breath.

SJRB

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Still waiting for that second wave of pre-orders Sony promised would come "soon" a month ago after the completely botched first round.

At this point I have zero hope I'll actually be able to get one this year.

Serein

Mar 7, 2018
All our initial allocation of stock (~54,000 PS5; ~40,000 XSX/S) was put up online and will be home delivery. If there is any additional stock for stores, the stores themselves probably won't know until the stock arrives the day before launch.

Last edited:

Stop It

Bad Cat
Oct 25, 2017
Yes, retailers demand to have additional stock for walk-in customers.

Hopefully EU retailers will organize themselves better for opening rush, or we will have a repeat of PS4 stampedes.
If there's a stampede at stores for a new console at launch during a peak of a fucking pandemic, the idiots who do it deserve everything they (don't) get.

I imagine with what's going on that online allocations will be the higher prio. Last thing we need is masses of people heading for shops right now.

Deleted member 81269

Banned
Sep 20, 2020
All our initial allocation of stock (~54,000 PS5; ~46,000 XSX/S) was put up online and will be home delivery. If there is any additional stock for stores, the stores themselves probably won't know until the stock arrives the day before launch.
What was the split between digital/physical PS5 and X/S if you don't mind me asking?

Deleted member 9584

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Yes. They will save some for launch day sales as well as having a decent stock for Black Friday. If you don't get one by December, I'd say that's when it'll become pretty scare for a few months.