• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Feb 24, 2018
Say you either lived or somehow got transported to your favourite video game settings (or you live in Roger Rabbit like setting, your choice, don't over think the premise), do you think your favourite video game characters would actually want to be friends with you or like you? Or are you more likely to become XP fuel to level up?
d5e90re-e481d5ce-2da5-4bde-aea5-11fc8df7ce0a.gif

For me, pretty sure that's a sad no for my favourite fighting game characters like Morrigan, Lili, Leo, Anna, Mileena, Reptile and especially Juri would not like me, the later three would likely kill me for my dorkiness. I think Cammy might because we're both wlw (fight me) crazy cat people with lots of cats and have issues with getting compliments about our appearance.

I hope my favourite Pokemon characters would at least be polite with me, people seem to be very trans friendly and can be bonkers enough to be normal.

View: https://i.imgur.com/cbpDKCw.mp4

DarthKamen

Keeper of the White Materia
Jun 22, 2023
Not particularly, no.

Squall Leonheart: Maybe post-game, but probably not.
Sephiroth: hahaha no
Roxas: Eh maybe.
Elidibus: Depends where in the game I met him.
Goro Akechi: Nope.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
I could introduce G'raha Tia to so much food so probably.
bby9syyudi381.png

Also he seems incredibly easy to talk to so we'd at least get along.

J_ToSaveTheDay

"This guy are sick" and Corrupted by Vengeance
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
I mean, bouncing off of my response in our recent thread about whether or not players self-insert into games, hell no. I stopped self-inserting because I can't imagine my lowkey, unremarkable personality and lifestyle ever moving the needle in any game scenario with any real stakes. It is literally immersion-shattering to imagine anyone needing to rely on me for anything important when it comes to combat and problem solving skills.

My favorite game characters all seem like boisterous, capable personalities that can actually make a difference. I'm just some schlub taking it day to day that's frankly kind of afraid of getting pulled too far into the mix of anything that actually has major consequences for people.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
like-a-dragon-infinite-wealth-kazuma-kiryu-2.jpg
Shit I would hope so. If I could have a drink with Kiryu while he blesses me with his life advice I'd be the happiest man alive.

GoutPatrol

Oct 30, 2017
I'm pretty sure all my favorite characters would all come to my birthday party and we'd have an awesome time

Doggg

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 17, 2017
What fun we would have together playing the games they're in together.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Alyx Vance and I would instantly vibe. Master Chief would be a stand-offish prick and I'd ditch him before he ditched me. Leon Kennedy and I would have nothing in common and I'd probably tell him to get a haircut and move on from Ada, so that's a bust.

Nikus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'd meet Alan Wake and I'd be fanboying harder than Rose, I'd be lucky if he didn't punch me

Huey

Oct 27, 2017
I don't think Wander from SOTC would give me the time of day. Even if we're talking before Mono's death, I doubt he'd have much to say in general

julia crawford

Took the red AND the blue pills
Oct 27, 2017
I'm super likeable

Edit: wow that came off very strange, but I try my best to be nice to be around

RROCKMAN

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Is it like even possible to be not friends with Sora?

Similarly Megaman/Rock is also hard to piss off

Ciao

Jun 14, 2018
maxresdefault.jpg

SF6 Zangief : would be my best homie, we would lift iron in the snow and spend nights discussing the optimal way to suplex fools. Soul mate material.

maxresdefault.jpg

Nagoriyuki Strive : I would make him some gourmet onigiri and he would probably tolerate my weak ass swordmanship. I got two moles in the shape of a vampire bite in the neck, so that's a plus for me I guess.

latest

Sydney Losstarot, Vagrant Story : I'm of no political or esotheric importance, he would either ignore me or sacrifice my worthless ass in order to summon dragon n°6525478 to stop Ashley.

ef840md7iulb1.jpg

Ichiban, Like a Dragon : outside of a few evil guys, he's friend with everyone. He would enjoy my company, maybe have me as temporary party member for a side story involving finding a specific exit of Shinjuku station (I'm an expert at navigating there).

Bengraven