Do you use a washcloth when bathing/showering?

• yes

Votes: 194 34.7%
  • no

Votes: 365 65.3%

• Total voters

Brashnir

Oct 25, 2017
soap is ablative. the gunk wears off almost immediately.

adding a bacteria farm to the equation is a thing dumb people do.

Androidsleeps

Oct 27, 2017
No, cause I'm not a child.
Used to do loofahs, but now I just use oil-based shower gels and regularly exfoliate my body.

Oct 27, 2017
No, that shit is gross. Don't try to defend that shit either. Unless you're using a brand new cloth each time you're basically rubbing a fucking giant sponge full of bacteria all over your body.

Black-Era take the L on this one.

Manmademan

Election Thread Watcher
Aug 6, 2018
No, that shit is gross. Don't try to defend that shit either. Unless you're using a brand new cloth each time you're basically rubbing a fucking giant sponge full of bacteria all over your body.

Someone doesn't understand how washcloths work.

Big difference between a cloth square and a sponge, man. Pretty easy to *wash the washcloth* when you're done with it. With soap. That kills bacteria.

That being said I'm a loofah guy because those things exfoliate better.

Oct 27, 2017
Someone doesn't understand how washcloths work.

Big difference between a cloth square and a sponge, man. Pretty easy to *wash the washcloth* when you're done with it. With soap. That kills bacteria.

That being said I'm a loofah guy because those things exfoliate better.

That's fair enough, didn't think too much on the soap aspect. I still find the thought of using a wet rag to clean myself unpleasant though.

I just get my girlfriend to hose me down in the driveway with a pressure washer. Gets ALL the nooks and crannies.

nemoral

Oct 25, 2017
Fiddler's Green
gmy0EAT.png

The superior choice.

OP
OP
Slayven

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017

Why wouldn't you use a new one every time you bathe?

You get one, bathe, then put it in the dirty laundry to wash. Are folks just letting ti sit in there mildewing and shit?

Septy

Prophet of Truth
Nov 29, 2017
United States

I could make the same exact argument for using towels for drying. Unless you're using a brand new towel each time you're basically rubbing a fucking giant cloth full of bacteria all over your body!

Deleted member 6562

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I could make the same exact argument for using towels for drying. Unless you're using a brand new towel each time you're basically rubbing a fucking giant cloth full of bacteria all over your body!

Well, you should be clean when you are drying off. Still, I only use a towel two, maybe three times tops before it goes in the hamper.

Ubik

Nov 13, 2018
Canada
If lathering up and using your hands works for your hair, and your hands themselves, why not the rest of your body? Or are people also using cloths and loofahs on their hair and when they wash their hands in the sink?

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
Well I assume people wash their washcloths in the laundry
gmy0EAT.png

The superior choice.
I feel like this would be a gamechanger
how often are you supposed to change loofahs?
I use a new one every couple of weeks, maybe a bit longer, I don't know if you're supposed to change them out more often tbh

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
Is this really a black/white thing? I'm white, and I've never heard of someone irl not using a washcloth/loofa when showering. This thread and poll fit right in with all the others about ERA's questionable hygiene practices, imo.
People here are a strange breed man.

No. Wet towels get gross and smelly real quick.
But you can set it out to dry. It won't get smelly.

Then you put it with the rest of the dirty laundry.....

Plus, you're already in an environment with soap and water, so you can realistically clean it after cleaning yourself.

Nothing Loud

Literally Cinderella
Oct 25, 2017
Soap is chemically designed to attract debris and bacteria and wash off in water with it. I don't need a washcloth because the humidity and accumulated debris will just fester over time. Putting body wash on my hands to wash all over is sufficient. Washing a wash cloth or loofah every day to undo the bacterial and debris accumulation is an environmental waste of water.

Too many people in here talking about using their hands. Wipe my ass with my hands? Oh hell no.

I use a Loofah personally.

If there's body wash on you, then there's nothing unsanitary about you washing your own body with body wash.

Your loofah is the thing that is probably heavier with bacterial cell weight than the day you bought it.

Tanerian

Feb 24, 2018
Too many people in here talking about using their hands. Wipe my ass with my hands? Oh hell no.

I use a Loofah personally.
You use a loofah to wipe your ass?

Your post is confusing. Who brought up ass wiping with their hands?

Or do you mean the act of hand washing your ass area? You touch dirtier things with your hands every day of your life unless you wear gloves everywhere you go.
Computer Keyboard Mouse, Door Handles, Car Door, TV remote, Smart Phone. All of those things are dirtier than your asshole.

Zeshile

Prophet of Regret Corrupted by Vengeance
Avenger
Dec 22, 2017
Kansas
Why would I use a washcloth? That's extra laundry I have to do, it takes longer, and even if it gets you cleaner, it isn't a significant enough of a difference for me to even care. I work indoors and when I work out it's indoors. I'm not bathing in dirt every day.

The only time I might use a washcloth is if I was doing some car work, or there was one time I helped someone take some stuff to the dump. That was a washcloth job afterwards.

TaterTots

Oct 27, 2017
Problem is with people that use loofah's is they don't understand how disgusting it is if not taken care of properly. You aren't suppose to clean your genitals with them and you should dry them out in a cool place that is not your shower since that will simply breed bacteria super quickly. A lot of sources say to just use a washcloth or just your hands. Lets not forget that surgeons may clean their nails with a pick and brush, but their hands and forearms are cleaned with just soap and hands.

https://health.clevelandclinic.org/loofahs-can-double-as-bacterial-breeding-grounds/

https://greatist.com/grow/best-way-to-shower

dlemarc

Oct 31, 2017
This topic reminds me of a lot of Black stand up comedy in the 90's. I always use a fresh wash rag when I shower. There was one time I didn't have any clean wash rags and I took a shower. I didn't didn't feel clean at all.

Sykdom

Banned
Feb 12, 2019
California
detachable shower head / different functions + body wash, used to use loofahs but as others have pointed out I'm lazy and don't want to have to keep swapping them out.

Akira86

Oct 25, 2017
soap is ablative. the gunk wears off almost immediately.

a clean washcloth, fresh from the linen closet, is no bacteria farm. and a washcloth helps the soap with abrasive action, allowing the oils and dirt to break down that much better.

ArtVandelay

User requested permanent ban
Banned
May 29, 2018
I'm not American, so I don't get the white/black loofah thing. The joke on "Dear White People" went over my head.

Oct 27, 2017
Switch between wash cloth, some special material scrub thing that removes dead skin, and just using my hands when I'm too lazy to be bothered.

TaterTots

Oct 27, 2017
a clean washcloth, fresh from the linen closet, is no bacteria farm. and a washcloth helps the soap with abrasive action, allowing the oils and dirt to break down that much better.

This is really the only "safe" way to do it if you want to use more than your hands, but we aren't suppose to over do it either. Ya'll have sent me down a rabbit hole. I had no idea most dermatologists suggest only showering a few days a week. Skin is serious business.