Xiaomi

Oct 25, 2017
You don't need to do that and you're spraying salmonella all over the place.

CHC

Oct 27, 2017
There is no reason to do this. Rinsing the chicken just splatters any surface bacteria in and around your sink, and whatever is on the outside that might make you ill will be exposed to such intense heat, salinity, or acidity that it will never survive. If you're buying chicken that has chemicals or some other toxic substance you're looking to rinse off, that is just another issue and you should get better meat haha

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
tenor.gif

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I lick the raw chicken, making sure my tongue touches every

Single

Inch

Of them succulent chicken thighs. Then I cook them and serve it to guests.

SpecX

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Growing up I was taught to do this. Basically my parents had me was off the blood and clean off the fat to make it "healthier".

I read somewhere it was pointless and don't bother anymore.

PHOENIXZERO

Oct 29, 2017
I've generally only run water over it when it's frozen to unstick faster, might've "washed" it once or twice, though you're not supposed to. You should just pat dry though.

Last edited:

signal

Oct 28, 2017
Sounds like you would get bacteria everywhere.

On the off chance I bought raw meat to cook at home, I was so paranoid about bacteria that the meat would go straight from the packaging into a pan or pot. I never trusted myself to properly sanitize everything after so I never cut or otherwise prepared meat lol.

Kamek

Oct 27, 2017
Absolutely and everyone in caribbean culture i know did it as well. This CDC came as a huge surprise to me, as growing up a lot of people in my culture are taught washing chicken is like the first thing you do.

Akira86

Oct 25, 2017
this is the Nth time we've had the thread.

probably every time the CDC makes the announcement. which always has the same respondents.
the answer has not changed.

I will wash chicken in the face of God.

NewDust

Visited by Knack
Oct 25, 2017
Fuck no... While we are at it, I also handle raw meats with my bare hands.

Deleted member 5309

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Of course. You always wash chicken before cooking it and you also make sure to wipe down the sink and table with a disinfectant.

Book One

Oct 25, 2017
This is one of those things that was just general practice for a long long time but research and professionals have shown it is wrong. Eventually more and more people will move on from the 'tradition'

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
probably a habit from the old days when not every piece of meat came saran wrapped from the grocery. but some people still do it because

Noctilum

Nov 28, 2017
No, it's pointless. If the chicken is infected with something simply rinsing it off will not get rid of it.

studyguy

Oct 26, 2017
Only time I run anything under water is just if it's been thawing and has some ice bits still on it I can maybe scrub off. Otherwise no.

Deleted member 9479

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
There was a time I did - not for sanitary reasons, it's not like I ever thought rinsing water over it would get rid of anything. But I did like rinsing the slimy chicken juice off.

But st some point I just started drying it with paper towels because it's just generally helpful to dry meat before cooking it and I was doing that anyway rinsing it. It wasn't till years later when someone suggested rinsing it sprayed chicken juice around the kitchen. Still have my doubts about how much carries under a moderate flow rate of water from a faucet

Armaros

Oct 25, 2017
All you are doing is spreading bacteria around if there is any present, because of course you aren't going to add disinfectant to the water. So bacteria which love water, get a free ride around your kitchen.