• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

JonathanEx

Oct 25, 2017
RTD is describing David Tennant as the fourteenth Doctor. But then, he's never lied in press releases. Or is he? We'll never know. Until next year. Then we'll know.
Talking about the future, Russell T Davies, Showrunner said: "If you thought the appearance of David Tennant was a shock, we've got plenty more surprises on the way! The path to Ncuti's Fifteenth Doctor is laden with mystery, horror, robots, puppets, danger and fun! And how is it connected to the return of the wonderful Donna Noble? How, what, why? We're giving you a year to speculate, and then all hell lets loose!"
Three episodes, November 2023 as heavily rumoured.
www.doctorwho.tv

David Tennant is the Doctor! | Doctor Who

David Tennant and Catherine Tate are reprising their roles for the 60th anniversary, in three special episodes.

TheGummyBear

Jan 6, 2018
United Kingdom
I need to go to sleep. Y'all Buckle in, because a mega post about why this is bullshit is incoming.

And that RTD handled it in spectacularly lazy fashion means that it is going to be extra spicy.

Feb 16, 2022

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
The clothes changing seems deliberate to make the regeneration stand out even more as weird. Rather than some adversion to the clothes itself.

Charismagik

Oct 27, 2017
Where can I watch this in the US? I thought it would be on bbc america's site, but didn't see anything that is an actual stream

EvilChameleon

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Hell yeah! Great episode! Great ending! To the future!
That future includes me actually watching this episode, damn you BBC America for not doing a simulcast. :P

Soap

Oct 27, 2017
So I have to say as somebody who has mostly hated this run this episode was way bette Ethan I thought it would be, but I am so happy this is done with and we can move on.

Deleted member 20202

User Requested Account Deletion
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Cymru
Well if that wasn't fanwank of the highest order and better than anything Chibbers has done so far.

Logopolis shoutouts " did you put your Aunt in a dolls house"

Multi docs

Sacha needs to come back. He elevates the cheese he spouts so much.

Trailer for next year looks great. Is Ncuti gonna be an angry doc. Fuck yeah

Kanhir

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Spent the first half like "oh honey what u doin" and then the second half enjoying all of the fanservice. Chibbers managed to deliver some fantastic character moments, even if the plotting was a complete mess.

Normanski 2.0

Nov 21, 2017
That was one of Chibnall's best episodes, up there with Rosa. I'm glad Jodie got a good send-off.

I'm thinking Tennant is a result of the degeneration process and in the 60th we'll see the Doctor in flux, changing from Capaldi to Smith etc…also don't forget that RTD is the guy who pitched the idea of the Doctor being able to choose the face they pick to Moffat, so that may also play a role

episode spoiler:
Was the Master Doctor the Valeyard (think that's the name) I was convinced that Capaldi was going to be it but this might be the closest we get to it.

Last edited:

JonathanEx

Oct 25, 2017
Press release from the BBC has an extra detail, confirming Ncuti's first proper episode will be Christmas-season 2023. So very much as rumoured.

www.bbc.co.uk

Doctor Who: Here they come...

With David Tennant and Catherine Tate reprising their roles for the 60th anniversary, it has been confirmed that they will appear in three special episodes, set to air in November 2023

Grue

Sep 7, 2018
Companion support group is a good idea.

Yeah I agree.

Looking forward to how my partner responds to this. She's no idea about the regeneration and I don't think will recognise barely any of the old companions or Doctors.

Was trying to parse how well they were flagging the history for the general audience through the episode, though as expected, it was a very busy one.

Kanhir

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
That was one of Chibnall's best episodes, up there with Rosa. I'm glad Jodie got a good send-off.

I'm thinking Tennant is a result of the degeneration process and in the 60th we'll see the Doctor in flux, changing from Capaldi to Smith etc…also don't forget that RTD is the guy who pitched the idea of the Doctor being able to choose the face they pick to Moffat, so that may also play a role

Was the Master Doctor the Valeyard (think that's the name)? I was convinced that Capaldi was going to be it but this might be the closest we get to it.
Wouldn't really make sense, since the Brickyard was the distilled evil of the Doctor, not an invasive regeneration. Also partly foiled by the Master, which would be odd if they were the same.

Babu93

Feb 9, 2021
A mess but a fun mess. Top tier fanwank.

The best regeneration since Eccleston to Tennant. Lovely and emotional without being too overwrought and what a difference having a setting other than the TARDIS makes.

And that clip of Ncuti 🔥🔥

Bufbaf

Don't F5!
Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
I thought it was a very entertaining episode, certainly one of the stronger ones, but fuck you did Jodie dirty, barely any room for her in her own send-off episode. Man.

I hope I'll get to watch whatever she does next.

I'm fine with Tennant returning IF Davies actually makes something interesting out of the situation. And given the multiple WHAT?!s I'm expecting it will actually be a somewhat big story point. Let's see what happens! Tag, you're it!

APZonerunner

Features Editor at VG247.com
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
England
Don't get the issue with the clothes thing. Don't think it warrants an essay lol.

Anyone who attributes this to the idea that they didn't want the new guy to be seen in "women's clothes" is bonkers, considering Jodie's costume is relatively gender-neutral and less outlandish than a few of the other Doctors. It's going to be a story thing.

Soap

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone who attributes this to the idea that they didn't want the new guy to be seen in "women's clothes" is bonkers, considering Jodie's costume is relatively gender-neutral and less outlandish than a few of the other Doctors. It's going to be a story thing.
Besides, RTD is one of the most outspoken positive voices on trans rights. I really, REALLY don't think RTD of all people would deliberately avoid this situation.

Wallace Wells

May 24, 2019
Now that the excitement of Jodie regenerating is over

That was a fantastic send off. Everyone really knocked it out the park and I'm glad Jodie was able to end her tenure on a high

EvilChameleon

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
When the costume was revealed at that fashion show, Jodie even said "you're not dressing as a girl, you're not dressing as a boy, you're dressing as The Doctor".

Bufbaf

Don't F5!
Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
It's nuts how every time - EVERY TIME - they make me actually think "I don't want to lose this doctor". I didn't even love this season, but Jodie as the Doctor was fantastic.

So was Capaldi. And Smith. And Tennant. And Ecclestone. Damnit.

So, Tennant will only take over for a special, then Ncuti will take the role for the forseeable future? I missed what's the current state on this.

TheGummyBear

Jan 6, 2018
United Kingdom

Go watch episode 1 of the era.

"Been a long time since I bought women's clothes."

That this has come the same weekend that the NHS has revised its guidelines for trans healthcare, citing vague detransition numbers as to why, makes this slap in the face harder.

RTD could have just moved on. The 60th should have been Ncuti.

Wallace Wells

May 24, 2019
It's nuts how every time - EVERY TIME - they make me actually think "I don't want to lose this doctor". I didn't even love this season, but Jodie as the Doctor was fantastic.

So, Tennant will only take over for a special, then Ncuti will take the role for the forseeable future? I missed what's the current state on this.
Tennant is back for the 60th anniversary specials and then Ncuti takes over fully

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017

Tennant is in for three episodes in November of next year, then Ncuti after that. Think of Tennant's three episodes as a miniseries leading up to Ncuti's run.

Jun 1, 2021
Go watch episode 1 of the era.

"Been a long time since I bought women's clothes."

That this has come the same weekend that the NHS has revised its guidelines for trans healthcare, citing vague detransition numbers as to why, makes this slap in the face harder.

RTD could have just moved on. The 60th should have been Ncuti.

I think your latching on to something that's just not there.

Cronen

Oct 27, 2017
Press release from the BBC has an extra detail, confirming Ncuti's first proper episode will be Christmas-season 2023. So very much as rumoured.

www.bbc.co.uk

Doctor Who: Here they come...

With David Tennant and Catherine Tate reprising their roles for the 60th anniversary, it has been confirmed that they will appear in three special episodes, set to air in November 2023
Tennant is also referred to here as the Fourteenth Doctor and Ncuti as the Fifteenth.