• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Snack12367

Oct 28, 2017
Talal...I've seen you around and while I can't remember a time we posted together. You always seemed a good person to me.

Can you get a flight to Canada or the UK? Fuck it man, don't let a small thing like cancer stop shit posting. You owe it to yourself.

OP
OP
Talal

Talal

Unbreakable
Oct 25, 2017
Man if you don't get off this site and start crossing things off your bucket list ASAP...

And fuck the predictions. You can live forever. Mind over matter.

Don't ask me what I would do if I had 8 weeks to live
it involves taking out a BUNCH of bad loans and traveling the world
Haha would do so in a heartbeat if possible but it's not. Spent everything I had just travelling to other cities to see the doctors and doing tests. Also I'm feeling very sick.
If anyone has any cheap solutions to having some fun please let me know.

broncobuster

Oct 26, 2017
All I can share are my condolences. It's a tough and unimaginable position to be in. My instinct is to say keep fighting even if there's the tiniest chance. It may not be feasible, but exploring any opportunity early should be worthwhile.

Figgles

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
So, you are in Morocco? Maybe, you could spend your money to get to somewhere with healthcare better than Morocco.

No offense meant to Morocco.

Corncob

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
UK
I'm so sorry.

40% is worth a shot though. Set up a donation. Lots of people on here care about you and will donate.

OP
OP
Talal

Talal

Unbreakable
Oct 25, 2017
Talal...I've seen you around and while I can't remember a time we posted together. You always seemed a good person to me.

Can you get a flight to Canada or the UK? Fuck it man, don't let a small thing like cancer stop shit posting. You owe it to yourself.
Thank you, this means a lot. I can't unfortunately I already tried =/.

clearacell

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
When people say to get off this site and don't waste your precious few days on it...why don't you heed your own advice as well? We all have precious little time in our existence and we all can die literally at any moment.

That said, OP I wish you the best you can possibly have for the little time you have left. The bucket list stuff is real so try what you can. Tell everyone you love that you love them.

RoaringMdog

Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
Man, i'm so sorry you have to go through this. I can't imagine what you're going through, good luck telling your loved ones. And if you don't go for treatment, then you do you. Do as much of the stuff you can do.

bshock

Self-requested permanent ban
Banned
Nov 3, 2017
I hope you decide to and find a way on the 40% chance. It's infinitely better than no chance, right? I definitely understand the mindset you're in now as I'd be in the same boat if diagnosed with cancer.

Best of luck to you, sir.

OP
OP
Talal

Talal

Unbreakable
Oct 25, 2017
I really want to thank everyone who replied, sure feel less lonely.

Thank you, this means a lot. I can't unfortunately I already tried =/.

Many thanks guys but I can't pull the money off these websites and also it's a huge sum. Won't go down without a fight tho.

pramod

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
User was Suspended (72H): Bad faith posting
Have you tried some holistic/asian treatments? I knew someone who was kind of in a similar situation. He went to see some asian doctor who gave him a regiment to flush out all the toxins from his body. He's still alive today.

Veggen

Oct 25, 2017
Have you tried some holistic/asian treatments? I knew someone who was kind of in a similar situation. He went to see some asian doctor who gave him a regiment to flush out all the toxins from his body. He's still alive today.
Don't suggest pseudoscience to someone dying of cancer.

GTM

Dec 12, 2017
I don't know what to say other than "fuck" in reflective anger. Fuck cancer. I'm so sorry to hear you have to go through it like this. Keep on fighting for as long as your breath will carry you! :'(

TaterTots

Oct 27, 2017
Sorry to hear that. You should try to do some of the things you listed. If that's what brings you joy then do it. I'm referring to FF and stuff btw.

CallMeShaft

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm sorry op. If this is indeed the end, do everything you can to make it worthwhile. Try to make these 8 weeks feel like 8 years.

And as hard as it might be, try not to dwell on things. Just enjoy the time you have left.

Staab

Oct 28, 2017
Shit man, that's fucking hard to read and take in...
I'm really sorry you got this very bad news but like others, I want to tell you to keep fighting on, don't give up an inch !

Doctors tell you 8 weeks, maybe you'll make it a year, or more, it happens all the time.
A crowdfunding, looking up charitable organizations, writing to Bill Gates, whatever it takes, go for it man !

Jyester

Oct 27, 2017
Great OP, Talal. You have my sincere sympathies. I can't imagine what you've been through so far, but I'd also urge you not to give up and set up a crowdfunding campaign.

Deleted member 6263

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Very sorry to hear this, Talal. I don't know you but it's always heart breaking to read stuff like this. We're all where we are for a reason, don't be so hard on yourself for not being "good enough" because if you had done things differently, you may have been lamenting choosing studying over living your life. It's an endless cycle that'll only make you more miserable the more you think about it.

With that said, I wouldn't give up hope for recovery with your treatment. It's a tough decision, I'm sure, but you've got family and friends who know you and want to be there for you. You have us, as well, when you're needing encouragement (or even funding, based on some posts I've seen). Whatever you decide, don't give up hope. I know you're an existentialist but, I'll be praying for you man.

FFXV is an easy run-through, btw. Get it done over the next couple of days, you've waited long enough! lol

Smurf

Oct 25, 2017
Sorry to hear it OP. Don't think anything I say can comfort you right now, but if there's anything I can do, Gofundme or any other way I could contribute, I would be glad to help

Juj

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Please stop this shit.

I'm sorry to hear about your situation Talal. I don't know what to say to be honest.

Tesseract

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
def put me in the do whatever it takes to get the treatment basket. my uncle beat cancer @ 1%.

never stop fighting for more life.

Bus-TEE

Banned
Nov 20, 2017
I am so sorry.

But I imagine that you don't want my pity.

I hope you stay strong.

Condolences.

jayu26

Oct 25, 2017
You said that with treatment there is 40% chance right? We'll take it. Step up a gofundme like suggested by others, let's see if can get you that treatment first.

After setting up that get on that FFXV play through.

vrcsix

Oct 29, 2017
Duuude, we gotta crowdfund that treatment. Era has like 33000 members. If a 10th of those put forward $10, you'd only be 4k short.

I would gladly empty my wallet so that you could have a better chance of survival.

perfectchaos007

It's Happening
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
That's about as useful as "Thoughts and prayers" and relying on miracles. Thats fine and all, as long as they are getting "real" medical treatment in the process.....

Just_a_Mouse

Oct 27, 2017
I really want to thank everyone who replied, sure feel less lonely.

Many thanks guys but I can't pull the money off these websites and also it's a huge sum. Won't go down without a fight tho.

What do you mean by you can't pull the money off these websites?

I would also donate what I have to this.