ZSaberLink

Oct 26, 2017
Just donated. Best of luck Talal. We're all rooting for you!!! Currently it's at $27,830. A bit more than 9K left!

Sounds like he's able to get a lot done with the amount so far already?

Wishbone Ash

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Michigan
I just threw some cash into the campaign. I can't even imagine how I'd feel if I got news like this. I'm glad so many people have reached out.

Good luck to you, here's hoping everything goes well.

OP
OP
Talal

Talal

Unbreakable
Oct 25, 2017
Thanks everyone !
Hope you at least appreciate the thank you message.

LebGuns

Oct 25, 2017
Very grateful for everything guys.
BobLoblaw was kind enough to help me retrieve some of the funds so I can start this week, hopefully. We're going through the process right now.
It's happening.

Yup. I'm hoping to start transferring the money to Talal's bank tomorrow morning. Fingers crossed there's no red tape! :)

I feel like the extraordinary act of kindness that BobLoblaw has taken has gone perhaps a little bit unnoticed.

When Talal could not liberate the funds necessary to start his chemo from PayPal, BobLoblaw stepped in and wired him the needed money to begin his chemotherapy. This was no small amount; I believe it may have been at least half of the total required ($18K or so), and he did this for a total stranger on the internet.

Here's to you, Bob! Cheers!

Kogasu

Oct 25, 2017
Hey there Talal! I know you don't really know me but that's not important...

First, please don't think yourself a failure. Think of what you are and what you *have* done. I don't know you so I can't bring you to the realization but I bet you've certainly made a positive impact in many people's lives! Maybe it sounds a bit "Motivational poster-y" or something but it's very true. Everyone does and there's always time to do more! You seem like a sweet person from all the posts I've seen from you this far!

Tearing up just reading this though... I'm sorry that you and your family have to go through this... To be faced with something like that must be devastating and scary as hell I can't imagine but really... don't ever lose any hope! I mean that! That 40% is definitely enough and we all are pulling for you and wishing you well and great luck. You can pull through this most definitely! There's lots of love and support around here so stay strong and hopeful alright? Be well! <33

Grady Durden

Oct 27, 2017
PayPal isn't working right now. I'm trying the wallet transfer trick and then will try again tomorrow. Praying for you Talal!

Infinity

Nov 2, 2017
Talal, it was good to see your report from the cardiologist. Please do what you can to update your page, because I feel that will help you reach the 100%,

Be cool. Stay strong. I keep this thread open on my tablet all day. It gives me something positive to read every day.

Oct 28, 2017
Thank you, I would need around 350k MAD so around 37k USD. Will do my best.

Hey, sorry to hear about your situation OP. I've been following your threads about your sickness and wanting some help ever since November of last year. I really hoped you'd have been helped or atleast got some money from your family, etc. I'm just wondering how is the health care system in Morrocco? Its terrible how they asked you for $19K during that time and now they increased it to $37K. Did you ask them why the sudden increase in bills?

OP
OP
Talal

Talal

Unbreakable
Oct 25, 2017
Hey, sorry to hear about your situation OP. I've been following your threads about your sickness and wanting some help ever since November of last year. I really hoped you'd have been helped or atleast got some money from your family, etc. I'm just wondering how is the health care system in Morrocco? Its terrible how they asked you for $19K during that time and now they increased it to $37K. Did you ask them why the sudden increase in bills?
Case got worst with some tumors increasing greatly in diameter. So I need to do radiation to decrease their size first coupled with chemo and some pills.
Hey there Talal! I know you don't really know me but that's not important...

First, please don't think yourself a failure. Think of what you are and what you *have* done. I don't know you so I can't bring you to the realization but I bet you've certainly made a positive impact in many people's lives! Maybe it sounds a bit "Motivational poster-y" or something but it's very true. Everyone does and there's always time to do more! You seem like a sweet person from all the posts I've seen from you this far!

Tearing up just reading this though... I'm sorry that you and your family have to go through this... To be faced with something like that must be devastating and scary as hell I can't imagine but really... don't ever lose any hope! I mean that! That 40% is definitely enough and we all are pulling for you and wishing you well and great luck. You can pull through this most definitely! There's lots of love and support around here so stay strong and hopeful alright? Be well! <33
Such a great post ! Thank you so much for the very kind words.

Titik

Oct 25, 2017
And to everyone embarrassed about how little you can donate, don't even start with that shit. Every little bit helps. I don't speak for Talal himself but I think I can confidently say that Talal feels equally thankful for those donations just as much as the big ones.

S-Wind

Nov 4, 2017
And to everyone embarrassed about how little you can donate, don't even start with that shit. Every little bit helps. I don't speak for Talal himself but I think I can confidently say that Talal feels equally thankful for those donations just as much as the big ones.

This can't be stressed enough!

For those of you who donated just $1. Imagine if Talal were to end up $1 short. Your $1 could mean the difference between whether or not he survives.

EVERY AMOUNT, EVERY DONATION, MAKES A DIFFERENCE!!!

Deleted member 12790

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
OP, what are your plans once the campaign ends if you wind up short? Have you begun thinking of contingency plans?

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Can't process my payment right now, but I'll keep trying. If it doesn't work tomorrow I'll get someone to help.

Stay strong my man, will power can get you through this.

tellNoel

Oct 26, 2017
Everything is going to be just fine, my friend.

If you need anything you have an entire community that has your back.
Stay strong and i'm here if you need anyone to talk to.
Even though I'm counting nickels and dimes these days to get by, I had to send something your way. I hope it helps.

OP
OP
Talal

Talal

Unbreakable
Oct 25, 2017
Thanks everyone. So many feels, I'm forever indepted to you.
OP, what are your plans once the campaign ends if you wind up short? Have you begun thinking of contingency plans?
No contingency plan tbh. I just want to get started and see if the treatment is going to be effective. Trying not to think about it but I know I should.

BobLoblaw

This Guy Helps
Oct 27, 2017
So, I was able to send a test $ amount through Western Union to Talal today and it went through no problem. Sending through a larger amount is causing issues. Right now, Moneygram appears to be down and Western Union is giving me "transaction declined" messages despite being beneath the daily cap. I'll be heading to a MG (and probably WU) agency tomorrow to hopefully get the first batch of funds sent over!

RalchAC

Oct 27, 2017
So, I was able to send a test $ amount through Western Union to Talal today and it went through no problem. Sending through a larger amount is causing issues. Right now, Moneygram appears to be down and Western Union is giving me "transaction declined" messages despite being beneath the daily cap. I'll be heading to a MG (and probably WU) agency tomorrow to hopefully get the first batch of funds sent over!

Man, you're awesome. Thank you for helping him with the funds!

jb1234

Very low key
Oct 25, 2017
It took almost a week but I was finally able to get some money into Paypal via my bank and then send it off. Happy to help!

Luminaire

Oct 25, 2017
This can't be stressed enough!

For those of you who donated just $1. Imagine if Talal were to end up $1 short. Your $1 could mean the difference between whether or not he survives.

EVERY AMOUNT, EVERY DONATION, MAKES A DIFFERENCE!!!
This.

People should see it as "I donated." rather than "I donated $X." Everything helps, no matter the size. You stepped up and put your money where your mouth is. You've done more than simply offer thoughts and prayers. Never feel down about what you can donate!

S_Dev

Oct 26, 2017
I'm super stoked that ERA Mods let the donation stuff happen, I have a family history of cancer, and if the US keeps going the way its going, I might end up in the same boat some day. Threw a bit your way. Fight, fight, and keep fighting my dude.

RalchAC

Oct 27, 2017
This.

People should see it as "I donated." rather than "I donated $X." Everything helps, no matter the size. You stepped up and put your money where your mouth is. You've done more than simply offer thoughts and prayers. Never feel down about what you can donate!

Yeah. Everyone has their own circumstances, so that 1$ may be as valuable to them as 20$ to other person.

People shouldn't be ashamed of it. Do what you can, keep a positive vibe and try to spread the message in social media so others do the same.

So thank you!

Oct 25, 2017
Sorry if this has been asked a million times, but will Talal still get the funds even if it doesn't hit the goal?

Also could a mod update the title to reflect that there's only one day left?

RalchAC

Oct 27, 2017
Sorry if this has been asked a million times, but will Talal still get the funds even if it doesn't hit the goal?

Also could a mod update the title to reflect that there's only one day left?

Yes, he's already got some funds. He's starting chemo next week. And he's erased the deadline so the page will stay open after today.

Which means we have a bit more time to gather those extra funds for him.

Do you know how long will the treatment last Talal? More or less.

OP
OP
Talal

Talal

Unbreakable
Oct 25, 2017
Yes, he's already got some funds. He's starting chemo next week. And he's erased the deadline so the page will stay open after today.

Which means we have a bit more time to gather those extra funds for him.

Do you know how long will the treatment last Talal? More or less.
If all goes well, around 4 months.

ilium

Oct 25, 2017
Vienna
Getting a little bit closer every day.
Please everyone, even if you donate just 1$ - it all adds up, and there are 30000+ users on this board. We can do this!

"Never believe that a few caring people can't change the world. For, indeed, that's all who ever have." - Margaret Mead